Just out AP: UConn remains uncommitted to Big East | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just out AP: UConn remains uncommitted to Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How juicy:

The officials, who asked that their names not be used because of the sensitive nature of the negotiations, denied that Connecticut and Rutgers agreed to stay in the conference during a three-hour meeting among Big East football members on Monday.

I love sensitive and unnamed.

Herbst is an master at this. I hope she sticks around to see that $1B endowment happen.

Ever hear of schitzo (sp) effective disorder?

Reaction Score
Sticky spot to be in. On the one hand, you know ya gotta get out of this mess. But on the other, you can't be so blatant about it that it totally looks foolish if the ACC doesnt call and ya end up back having to deal with the mess anyway.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No one will be able to say that we went about this in an underhanded sort of way, that's for sure. Herbst has been real upfront, which I think is terrific.

"HEY EVERYONE GET US OUUUUUUTTA HERE!" haha.
People will say anything but she will be able to hold her head up regarding the way she handled things. She is decisive and classy.

Reaction Score
this has the sounds of a deal in the works. If I were a betting man I'd say we'll be ACC bound by the end of the year. But never under estimate the mis-direction. UCONN could also be in the Big 10.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
This is the problem with the press, what Marinatto said was absolutely true. It was just taken out of context. While all of the participants pledged to move forward together - they were merely pledging to move forward thru the buffet line as he kept yelling from the back to move faster.

Yeah and Marinatto was probably making an extra plate to bring home to Tranghese...

ctchamps

Reaction Score
this has the sounds of a deal in the works. If I were a betting man I'd say we'll be ACC bound by the end of the year. But never under estimate the mis-direction. UCONN could also be in the Big 10.
No proof, but my hunch is the B1G may be in play. It would be a hoot. SU and Pitt wallow in ACC purgatory and UConn comes out ahead. Oh well one can dream can't one.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Nothing that Marinatto says has any relevance to our situation. Until Herbst comes out and says we are committed to the Big East, I will continue to believe that we are looking to move elsewhere. And even if she does say that we are committed to the Big East, I won't be convinced. The same can be said of any individual University President or AD in this conference.

Reaction Score
She is light years ahead of hogan. Absolutely light years. Young ( relatively) and dynamic.

Reaction Score
Did we just go all in? I think we just went all in. Come on river card!!!
images

Reaction Score
As an aside, I think it's funny that we are all so starved for information that this thread had 10 responses within 5 minutes. :D
Laugh away then!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
your words, God's ears

Reaction Score
No one has to be "committed" to the BE for it to work. This is football. We just all need to get together and say, "look, we're in Triple A, the first one of us that gets called up to the league, good luck, hope to join you up there someday." That's all. No hard feelings. Let's just get some teams in and let's go.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
AWESOME!!!! Two stories that are plagiarizing the same "leak" story from ESPN. IT MUST BE TRUE THEN!!!!

Reaction Score
I'll bet it's in the works. UConn and Rutgers to the Big Ten. ACC gets picked apart and becomes the MACC.

Reaction Score

Touche! RR appears to have a split personality! I'm starting to believe he's coming out with the insane remarks to get attention! But the "respect-o-meter" is sitting near zero. A lot like Al Davis indeed!! LOL

Reaction Score
People will say anything but she will be able to hold her head up regarding the way she handled things. She is decisive and classy.
But does she have grace?
ELAINE (gushing): Yes! Grace!
LANDIS: Not many people have grace.
ELAINE: Well, you know, grace is a tough one. I like to think I have a little grace...not as much as Herbst -
LANDIS: You can't have "a little grace." You either have grace, or you...don't.

Reaction Score
We really need to wrap this up by next Tuesday. I have a huge project beginning then, and will probably only be able to dedicate 15% of my time to hitting F5.

SAMCRO,

So when do you think UConn will get the call to do the "patchover"?

Reaction Score
This isn't a plagiarized story. This is the ap writer. Plus it has new news about rutgers.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
'Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue'...

ctchamps

Reaction Score
But does she have grace?
ELAINE (gushing): Yes! Grace!
LANDIS: Not many people have grace.
ELAINE: Well, you know, grace is a tough one. I like to think I have a little grace...not as much as Herbst -
LANDIS: You can't have "a little grace." You either have grace, or you...don't.
whether you are serious or not, and I expect not, I'd have to meet her in person and watch how she acts and reacts with people to make that determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom