Just my random thought: B1G Should have taken UConn and cuse | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Just my random thought: B1G Should have taken UConn and cuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
OK then
Sorry i didnt mean to take a shot...I just get so exasperated by the spread of misinformation by perceived outsiders. I realize that generally your post's are sensible and I usually enjoy them. Perception up here is important.

caw

Reaction Score
Yes VT is a player in DC just not near a "dominant" player...but im no expert on the DC area..just that VT doesn't seem to have much juice in NY/NJ from what i can tell.Now WVU a different story..they seem to have a Md/NJ/NY presence...surprised i don't see them on that interactive map since DC/Md is 1 of there strongholds for fans and recruiting.

VT is probably second to UM in DC unless things have changed considerably in the last year.

DC does have a bit of a Boston issue with a lot of split interests, though not solely concentrated among the localish schools.

Reaction Score
Sorry i didnt mean to take a shot...I just get so exasperated by the spread of misinformation by perceived outsiders. I realize that generally your post's are sensible and I usually enjoy them. Perception up here is important.

I don't blame you. I did come off a bit like a calling Rutgers "SUNJ" and stating that there aren't many Rutgers fans in NYC. The irony is that I've come back here as a retreat from some (not all) of my fellow Hokie fans who can sometimes be a little arrogant. Maybe it's rubbed off on me... sorry about that.

The reality with cosmopolitan cities like NYC and DC is that the residents (inside the city limits) don't seem to get as caught up with the college sports world like we do. Doesn't mean there aren't Rutgers fans in NYC or there aren't UMCP or VPISU fans in DC... they just hide in plain site and may not don their colors like they do in the burbs. I will say that DC proper (not the burbs) seems to have more Georgetown fans than anything else. Lots of Michigan, Florida, Ohio State and PSU fans in DC proper as well. It's a hodge-podge inside DC's city limits. I almost feel like there are more Miami Hurricane fans in local DC bars on Saturdays than there are at Sun Life Stadium.

Reaction Score
VT is probably second to UM in DC unless things have changed considerably in the last year.

DC does have a bit of a Boston issue with a lot of split interests, though not solely concentrated among the localish schools.

#1 = Georgetown in DC's city limits the many many times I travel there. South of the Potomac belongs to VPISU with some GMU, UVa and JMU fans sprinkled in. North of the Potomac belongs to UMCP (with quite a few PSU fans I've noticed). DC proper doesn't really belong to anyone if you subtract GTown IMO, because of all the transient government workers. That's just my observation.

Reaction Score
WV IS popular throughout the northeast and I know many followers.
Let's be honest
Probably because the West Va football team kind of carried the BIG East especially from 2005-10 ,after we lost BC,Miami,and VT,with some impressive bowl wins. Putting 70 points on Clemson,and beating highly ranked Oklahoma ,were Big East football highlights.
The majority of eastern fans probably favored them over their SEC , Big 12, or ACC opponent,me included.

Reaction Score
I have always liked WVU....West Virginia folks are the best at the "its us against the world" attitude.

They have over achieved. With limited home recruiting grounds and a smallish state population, they have had some fine football and basketball teams.

I, like a previous poster, believe that they face an extraordinary challenge in the Big 12....playing away games across the Big Muddy in a conference that is far from the Mountaineer's recruiting grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom