just looked up JC's record to begin his career, I feel better now | Page 2 | The Boneyard

just looked up JC's record to begin his career, I feel better now

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

Head coaching record[edit]

Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
Northeastern Huskies
(Unknown/ECAC North/North Atlantic Conference) (1972–1986)
1972–73 Northeastern 19–7
1973–74 Northeastern 12–11
1974–75 Northeastern 12–12
1975–76 Northeastern 12–13
1976–77 Northeastern 12–14
1977–78 Northeastern 14–12
1978–79 Northeastern 13–13

-------------------------------------------------------

maybe KO just has to find himself and refine his methodology

Willie your all over the place. Horrible comparison comparing Northeastern with an established national power like UCONN that Ollie inherited. If we go back to back seasons to the NIT that will be on Kevin Ollie. Ohio State, Texas, and Georgetown games will determine the rest of the year. If we go 1-2 or 0-3 in these games then this team will have no chance at the NCAA tournament unless they win the AAC tournament. I don't think anyone wants to depend on the AAC tournament.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
OMG

I intended this thread to be more of a positive note with a touch of levity. Silly me, I should have known better

My point, it took time for JC to develop his HOF and winning ways, so maybe it's reasonable to give Kevin more time

My narrative is spot on, so many of the others miss the point and go off on some tangents that are simply hard for me to fathom

:confused:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If last year you said Ollie can't recruit and this year you are saying hE can't coach, it is time to realize you are an idiot.

'You' being half the people on here.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I never said he can't recruit, I always thought his street cred and NBA experience gave him a unique advantage in the inner-city hotbeds for hoops

I don't think he coaches rebounding very well, not at all. I would also love for him to have the same fire on the sidelines he had during our 2014 championship run.

Defensive lapses and offensive execution are fixable

Reaction Score
I never said he can't recruit, I always thought his street cred and NBA experience gave him a unique advantage in the inner-city hotbeds for hoops

I don't think he coaches rebounding very well, not at all. I would also love for him to have the same fire on the sidelines he had during our 2014 championship run.

Defensive lapses and offensive execution are fixable

They coach the crap out of rebounding at practice I am quite sure. Now during a game you may have a point. I watch Facey, Miller and Brimah all in the low block during foul shots and they hardly ever block out which is a sin, seen them lose many a rebound and get lucky on others. If they lose a rebound due to not performing the block out on a FT they'd sit their butt next to me immediately if I were coach. Easiest fundamental to ask for, your guy is already where you want him what's so hard about doing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom