Just left the Rent | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just left the Rent

Reaction Score
I don’t understand this. 85 scholarships. top flight nutrition and schooling. There is no reason for this level of struggle. Absolutely no reason that players aren’t developing. It is ok to lose, even get blown out. But this is getting. Ridiculous.

especially after a year off. I bet inexperience, but come on. Give me a break with the caliber of play. Go find a linebacker and a corner. There are guys on rosters across the country who don’t play who would start here. This is silly.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Most of our commits for next season have at least one other FBS offer. #uptick

Reaction Score
This team is trashed. It was not developed. Recruiting failed. The whole thing is a flaming disaster. clean house and start playing young guys.
Go with the freshman QB from Bridgeport as Chief said a week ago. Throw caution to the wind.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I don’t understand this. 85 scholarships. top flight nutrition and schooling. There is no reason for this level of struggle. Absolutely no reason that players aren’t developing. It is ok to lose, even get blown out. But this is getting. Ridiculous.

especially after a year off. I bet inexperience, but come on. Give me a break with the caliber of play. Go find a linebacker and a corner. There are guys on rosters across the country who don’t play who would start here. This is silly.
Agree here. There are garbage programs from podunk schools that perform better. This is getting to be a bit much. It isn’t embarrassing. It is criminal.

Maybe UConn should send some spies down to those podunk schools with garbage programs and find out what they are doing.

Might be as simple as nature vs. nurture or Jimmy and Joes vs. X's and O's.

Reaction Score
I truly believe the plan was to recruit better and be vaguely competitive to set the table for the next coach. It didn’t work out.
They just did not get that you can't hire a coach with one foot in retirement and expect to get a version of the guy when he was 35. Human nature does not work that way!

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
This is on both the coaches and the players. The coaches because they can't get 11 guys to consistently complete their role on each play. It's on the players because they keep quitting when the going gets tough and stop competing and doing the basics. It is unfathomable to watch this get worse than 2018 and 2019.

Reaction Score
Agree here. There are garbage programs from podunk schools that perform better. This is getting to be a bit much. It isn’t embarrassing. It is criminal.
It might be ! No one can play as bad as these guys are now. I'd seriously investigate them, if I was a sports book , that alot of them don't have burner accounts with draftkings or whoever and are laying the points. No one who actually GAD could constantly make the same mistakes, missed blocks, missed tackles, guys left wide open , dropped balls, penalties, etc, etc... these guys are pulling over and over again, across the board, unless they want it to happen..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The weather was beautiful, the tailgating great fun. Unfortunately, UConn football is struggling to compete right now. If you look on the bright side, the team can’t get any worse. The only thing the team can do is get better.

Reaction Score
Was at the game today- UConn has ball at 50 yard line - 5 seconds left in first half- coach calls timeout.
What play would you call given you are down 28? How about a Hail Mary heave into the endzone and either score or run out the clock?
Amazingly - the call is run up the middle for 2 yard gain.

How about giving paying fans some excitement and at least show some life?
That play is UConn Football season crystallized

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We suck. I am so ashamed.
Hopefully the next coach wants to win.
Holy Cross loss today to powerhouse Merrimack (2-0) 35-21. Last week, Merrimack beat Saint Anselm 55-23. Hang in there Block C, your winning streak starts next week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Holy Cross loss today to that powerhouse Merrimack 35-21.
Man I knew kids that went to play for Merrimack. It says a lot. We suck if Merrimack can beat holy cross we really suck

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Man I knew kids that went to play for Merrimack. It says a lot. We suck if Merrimack can beat holy cross we really suck
There’s a silver lining in this season somewhere, you’ve just got to look for it. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom