Just left the Rent | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Just left the Rent

Reaction Score
The weather was beautiful, the tailgating great fun. Unfortunately, UConn football is struggling to compete right now. If you look on the bright side, the team can’t get any worse. The only thing the team can do is get better.

If one thing history has shown, it's that UConn Football can ALWAYS get worse.

We're not even close to being competitive with average FBS schools, and are losing to FCS schools that lose to Division II schools.

We can't hit rock bottom because we keep reinventing what rock bottom is.

Reaction Score
Holy Cross loss today to powerhouse Merrimack (2-0) 35-21. Last week, Merrimack beat Saint Anselm 55-23. Hang in there Block C, your winning streak starts next week.
Ha , no way. Guess we can stop with hiring their un proven northeast coach.

Reaction Score
Was at the game today- UConn has ball at 50 yard line - 5 seconds left in first half- coach calls timeout.
What play would you call given you are down 28? How about a Hail Mary heave into the endzone and either score or run out the clock?
Amazingly - the call is run up the middle for 2 yard gain.

How about giving paying fans some excitement and at least show some life?
That play is UConn Football season crystallized
The O-Line can’t protect anything long enough for a Hail Mary play to develop. Steven Krajewski would’ve gotten crushed before he had a chance to look at his receivers downfield.

Reaction Score
Because Bob Diaco left the program in a world of suck?
I am not a BD apologist. The players, talent is worse now. Unfortunately. RE is the best UCONN coach but it didn’t work. No excuses

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Terrible. No other words but that.

It is like players gave up on defense when Purdue scored. Missed tackles, poor angles and just not enough effort.

The offensive line was bad. They had trouble run blocking to pass blocking.

The tight ends dropped a couple passes but they weren't the only one's. Not that would have made a difference but a score would have been something.

UConn was outplayed, out muscled, out coached, out everything

Reaction Score
I take it back. Merrimack is not Division II, they're in FCS (Northeast Conference with CCSU).

Either way, we look really really bad.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Have not watched UConn football in a few
Years( on the board to follow basketball)
But was curious after all the drama this week
Wow!! Hard to even comment on coaching
As this was a complete physical mismatch
Edsall had 4 recruiting classes and does
Not have FBS players
Unless the recruiting improves dramatically
Hard to see how anything will change
Short term transfers might be the answer
Punctuation much, Hoop Boy?

Reaction Score
We have no thumpers on defense. Our secondary is abysmal at tackling. If we make the hit in the secondary we are then holding on for dear life hoping for help. No one delivers a solid hit. Jones is good at D tackle but we have no other competent D tackle. If Jones had Fatukasi or Campenni next to him we would have something and be better against the run. Not trying for the hail mary before the half was shocking and very Randy like even though he was not there. Our run game is beyond slow to develop and there is no program in the country that would have Giufre as offensive coordinator. This is a real crapshow and a complete failure by the athletic department and University leadership for years now.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Was at the game today- UConn has ball at 50 yard line - 5 seconds left in first half- coach calls timeout.
What play would you call given you are down 28? How about a Hail Mary heave into the endzone and either score or run out the clock?

I was there too and yelled throw a god damn Hail Mary!
Then we left.
Spanos is ball-less..

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
As horrific as we are in every aspect....the most ridiculous part is that we have been outscored 94-0 against FBS schools.....we've only scored against Holy Cross.....so let's look at that.....We got blown out by Fresno and Purdue and played our first team offense against their second and third string and STILL couldn't put ANY points on the board.....that's just unfathomable.....

The lack of pride shown by these players is repulsive. No one seemed to care that Purdue was just walking up and down the field. They didn't even start their starters after halftime. I'm convinced they intentionally took a delay of game once because they ran out of ways to run out the clock. Every time they tried to run the ball to eat clock, they gained 8-10 yards because our FIRST string D can't stop a peewee FB team.

I'm just so disgusted with it all.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand this. 85 scholarships. top flight nutrition and schooling. There is no reason for this level of struggle. Absolutely no reason that players aren’t developing. It is ok to lose, even get blown out. But this is getting. Ridiculous.

especially after a year off. I bet inexperience, but come on. Give me a break with the caliber of play. Go find a linebacker and a corner. There are guys on rosters across the country who don’t play who would start here. This is silly.
Calm down now.
Imagine how bad it would be if the team hadn't gotten Bigger, Stronger and Faster with the year off to work out.................

Reaction Score
The word is criminal! Edsall bought one more year on his contract by withdrawing last year. He knew this team was abysmal. His refusal to recruit in the portal, refusal to recruit local talent, his refusal to look at innovation.

Reaction Score
We need the BoT to allow ADDave to spend on the next coach and give a very large assistant pool. Until the staff is funded properly for the level we're at, we will see no difference.
That would be awesome -except BoT has never supported football. It’s a pipe dream.

Reaction Score
Purdue is a team capable of beating any BIG 10 team on any given weekend. They have at least 2 first round draft choices.
UConn would be well served emulating the Purdue model
Don’t buy this. UConn has been making teams look real good for the past 6-7 years.
If I had a nickel for every post about how good the team was that just blanked UConn and that we never really had a chance.

we made HC believe….

all I’m sayin is, we’re a sure thing. Nothing worth bragging to you’re friends about.

hearing DB is so happy with the RE sequel, he’s already reached out to PP and GD for another crack!

happy days

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We need the BoT to allow ADDave to spend on the next coach and give a very large assistant pool. Until the staff is funded properly for the level we're at, we will see no difference.
Yes we do but unfortunately there is an issue there that may prevent this from happening (it makes me sick to my stomach when I think about some of the ridiculous obstacles our athletic department faces).

One thing that the fan bases of all UConn sports should realize is that (with very few exceptions) our collective success in athletics has occurred in spite of top level administrative leadership, not because of it.

Reaction Score

I actually started laughing when they called the running play out of that time out. I knew it was coming but still couldn't believe it.

Reaction Score
I knew we were doomed when Edsall said (in the week leading up to Fresno) that the players had two years to learn the schemes. Perhaps your schemes suck! ... Our coaching staff looks like they make no in-game adjustments, either. If Benedict is looking at greener pastures, he needs to nail this hire.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom