Just how good is DHam ? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Just how good is DHam ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was said about Hunter because he had documented evidence of being a very good shooter at the college level before his numbers dipped last year, DHam doesn't. I like DHam alot, but he's gotta improve his shooting from inside the arc, he would get to his spot pretty much most of the time he wanted but he would be way off on his midrange pullups, leaners, and floaters.

He also needs to be clearer on what he's going to do. I get that the alley-oop is a creative last minute look, but he started making it first on his things to do when getting to the lane. The pass to AB needs to be the 2nd thought if it's there with the first thought taking a good shot. He seemed to miss quite a few because his shot was an afterthought and that will kill him. Shoot the ball!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
It was said about Hunter because he had documented evidence of being a very good shooter at the college level before his numbers dipped last year, DHam doesn't. I like DHam alot, but he's gotta improve his shooting from inside the arc, he would get to his spot pretty much most of the time he wanted but he would be way off on his midrange pullups, leaners, and floaters.

Do you really think there's a chance that DHam is going to shoot under 39% this year? What kind of odds would you give it?

His two-point shooting percentage was really awful, yes. If anything, based on his HS career, you'd have expected him to struggle from 3, but he did OK there, actually. He missed way too many easy shots. He'll make more of them this year.

Yes, he needs to improve. That's what everyone's banking on. You don't think he will?

Reaction Score
Do you really think there's a chance that DHam is going to shoot under 39% this year? What kind of odds would you give it?

His two-point shooting percentage was really awful, yes. If anything, based on his HS career, you'd have expected him to struggle from 3, but he did OK there, actually. He missed way too many easy shots. He'll make more of them this year.

Yes, he needs to improve. That's what everyone's banking on. You don't think he will?

I can't say for certain he will, I'm in wait and see mode. I never would have expected Boat to shoot as horribly from the field as he did his junior year, but there he was regularly shooting below 40% game in and game out against teams with a pulse. Like you I expected DHam to shoot alot worse from 3 than he did and that his midrange game would be money, I wasn't expecting him to front rim so many shots from close in.

Reaction Score
The other percentage DHam needs to work on is his FT%. Get automatic. I'm thinking he's going to be a stud this year, but his game can be a lot more efficient if him and the opponent both know he's going to sink both FT's if they send him to the line.

Reaction Score
I can't say for certain he will, I'm in wait and see mode. I never would have expected Boat to shoot as horribly from the field as he did his junior year, but there he was regularly shooting below 40% game in and game out against teams with a pulse. Like you I expected DHam to shoot alot worse from 3 than he did and that his midrange game would be money, I wasn't expecting him to front rim so many shots from close in.

I agree he front rimmed a lot but I bet half of those were because of concentration. I know I saw many times he was looking for AB who was being handled physically and unable to get to the rim and then DHam's shot was "just because" at that point rather than thinking about scoring himself. I love the play but I would much rather see a confident scorer in DHam when he gets that deep.

Reaction Score
I agree he front rimmed a lot but I bet half of those were because of concentration. I know I saw many times he was looking for AB who was being handled physically and unable to get to the rim and then DHam's shot was "just because" at that point rather than thinking about scoring himself. I love the play but I would much rather see a confident scorer in DHam when he gets that deep.

Definitely agree with you about being a more confident scorer and shooter, last season there was way too much pumpfaking and being hesistant when the open or easier shot was there.

Reaction Score
Definitely agree with you about being a more confident scorer and shooter, last season there was way too much pumpfaking and being hesistant when the open or easier shot was there.

Yep with him it's going to be as easy as knowing he's going to shoot the ball rather than being unsure of what he's going to do. If he gets confidence in the mid range game he will be total lights out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom