Just got back from the BC game... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just got back from the BC game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
No they don't. Not in my opinion anyway. Its not crucial at all that " to have a great college football rivalry, both teams have to have top 25 programs". Navy- Army has one of the best college football rivalries in all of college football, and its rare these days now for either one of them to finish the season in the top 25, let alone " both teams ". Harvard- Yale is a great college football rivalry, and neither has finished in the top 25 since anyone here on this forum has been alive. Mississippi- Mississippi State is a great college football rivalry, and its rare for either of them to finish in the top 25 these days now. BYU- Utah has had a great annual college football rivalry for many decades, and there has never been a season when " both teams " were top 25. We could name other such rivalry games as well, where neither team was a " top 25 " football program most seasons. There are a few fundamental things that are required to have a great college football rivalry, but " both teams must be top 25 college football programs " is not one of them, imo.
I'm with you Yawkey and think that UCONN and BC would be a great regional rivalry game. Frankly, I don't see a downside to either team or school from making it happen. However, the friendly folks on the BC board certainly don't seem interested. I hope the ADs have better vision and make it happen. UCONN fans will be much more polite hosts next time in E-Hart. BC set a high standard for our visit; we will reciprocate.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
No they don't. Not in my opinion anyway. Its not crucial at all that " to have a great college football rivalry, both teams have to have top 25 programs". Navy- Army has one of the best college football rivalries in all of college football, and its rare these days now for either one of them to finish the season in the top 25, let alone " both teams ". Harvard- Yale is a great college football rivalry, and neither has finished in the top 25 since anyone here on this forum has been alive. Mississippi- Mississippi State is a great college football rivalry, and its rare for either of them to finish in the top 25 these days now. BYU- Utah has had a great annual college football rivalry for many decades, and there has never been a season when " both teams " were top 25. We could name other such rivalry games as well, where neither team was a " top 25 " football program most seasons. There are a few fundamental things that are required to have a great college football rivalry, but " both teams must be top 25 college football programs " is not one of them, imo.
I can't bring myself to giving you a like but I agree 100% with you. Top 25 is not needed. Having two competitive teams is but that could be 6 win competitive at this point. Both programs desperately need a regional rivalry and hope this will be a continuation in the long run of this series.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
The nail in the coffin on the season moment. Walking back to the buses, passing the brown "frat houses" and the BC students attempting to muster up some type of mockery chant only to realize it was dumb since they are really just as bad. All I could muster was a chuckle myself.

Reaction Score
All of the rivalry games you mentioned both teams at some point had top 25 even top 10 teams, certainly all have great traditions and some play in the same conference. UConn and BC hoops should be played every year and soon hockey will become a good rivalry as UConn improves under Cav., but football is a long ways off as both programs are in serious decline.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Every BC fan I talked to expressed sympathy and wanted to wallow in shared misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom