Just got back from the BC game... | The Boneyard

Just got back from the BC game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Just got home from Ryan's bus trip.

Great group. Lots of positive energy on the way up. TONS of UConn fans there. Not just in our section...everywhere. The UConn marching band serenaded our tailgate tent. Great stuff.
The BC dining group failed miserably when it came to bar service. A cash bar runs out of beer in the first 30 minutes, then brings in warm beer? That failure was a harbinger of things to come.
We had the ball so rarely that it seemed like it was the 3rd quarter before we even knew what happened. Literally the WORST live UCONN game in so long. We made friends with some BC fans prior to the game (bummed beers from them) and they were great. humble fans in a similar situation...then Diaco made BC look like Bama. Unreal. Huge group of Huskies fans outside gate D at Alumni Stadium waiting for buses. Could have heard a pin drop. No energy. No mojo. Diaco drained us all. The players weren't the only ones whose blood Diacula sucked out yet again. So done with Bob. One more Diaco game. Just one more.

Reaction Score
Just got home from Ryan's bus trip.

Great group. Lots of positive energy on the way up. TONS of UConn fans there. Not just in our section...everywhere. The UConn marching band serenaded our tailgate tent. Great stuff.
The BC dining group failed miserably when it came to bar service. A cash bar runs out of beer in the first 30 minutes, then brings in warm beer? That failure was a harbinger of things to come.
We had the ball so rarely that it seemed like it was the 3rd quarter before we even knew what happened. Literally the WORST live UCONN game in so long. We made friends with some BC fans prior to the game (bummed beers from them) and they were great. humble fans in a similar situation...then Diaco made BC look like Bama. Unreal. Huge group of Huskies fans outside gate D at Alumni Stadium waiting for buses. Could have heard a pin drop. No energy. No mojo. Diaco drained us all. The players weren't the only ones whose blood Diacula sucked out yet again. So done with Bob. One more Diaco

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
The BC fans were very nice, gave us beers and food! They were more interested in talking hockey than football (lol). They hate Adazzio, they hate their President and think their AD is a moron! I thought I was talking to a mirror!
So true. even after a 30-0 win, they were chanting "Fire Addazio" as they exited Alumni. Says a lot.

Reaction Score
Agree with what everyone said. Ryan's bus trip was great but BC run hospitality tent ... not so much. Who runs out of beer at a cash bar. Its not like it goes bad. Any way thanks Ryan, good job.

That old trickster Bob....what a genius move to not go for 3 points when you havent scored a point in how many quarters. That and the typical boneheaded 15 yard penalties early in the game up anything good they might have mistakingly done.

And lastly, what coach would allow this kid with supposed D1 ability to have that loopy awful delivery. Takes forever to get out of his hand and he telegraphs everything. To me he must have been one of those high school QBs that because of his size and speed, ran for 3000 and his passing was above average relative talent. Right now he is NOT better than Ryan S.
I'm drained, bob should go tomorrow. He is awful.

HuskiesFan1014

Reaction Score
Agree with what everyone said. Ryan's bus trip was great but BC run hospitality tent ... not so much. Who runs out of beer at a cash bar. Its not like it goes bad. Any way thanks Ryan, good job.

That old trickster Bob....what a genius move to not go for 3 points when you havent scored a point in how many quarters. That and the typical boneheaded 15 yard penalties early in the game -ing up anything good they might have mistakingly done.

And lastly, what coach would allow this kid with supposed D1 ability to have that loopy awful delivery. Takes forever to get out of his hand and he telegraphs everything. To me he must have been one of those high school QBs that because of his size and speed, ran for 3000 and his passing was above average relative talent. Right now he is NOT better than Ryan S.
I'm drained, bob should go tomorrow. He is awful.
Agreed. Ryan does a great job. Bus 1 was way late to Manchester and the driver was the Donovan Williams of commercial transport, but that's out of his hands. we needed 60 neck braces on that bus LOL. Sidewalks? Curbs? Eh, drive over 'em . Brake! Gas! Brake! Gas! I taught kids to drive on a standard shift and had a more smoothe ride. We had fun regardless. Really makes you appreciate home games. Our tailgating and parking/accessibility puts BC to shame.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Ryan does a great job. Bus 1 was way late to Manchester and the driver was the Donovan Williams of commercial transport, but that's out of his hands. we needed 60 neck braces on that bus LOL. Sidewalks? Curbs? Eh, drive over 'em . Brake! Gas! Brake! Gas! I taught kids to drive on a standard shift and had a more smoothe ride. We had fun regardless. Really makes you appreciate home games. Our tailgating and parking/accessibility puts BC to shame.

Rubbin's Racin'

Reaction Score
Our tailgating and parking/accessibility puts BC to shame.
" Tailgating " is only good at BC if you are a Flynn Donor to the School, and willing to spend a Kings Ransom to get an on stadium parking site to tailgate there. Not much room at their school for tailgating. As for " parking ", $6 bucks on stubhub got you a 35-40 yard line ( top tier level ) seat for this Uconn- BC game, and FREE parking with the purchase of the ticket at one of the nearby BC parking satellite offices, ( Brighton, Newton ) where BC buses ran one right after the other to and from the stadium, 2 hours before and 2 hours after the game. By comparison, I think we paid 15 bucks extra to park at the Rent, and the tickets we bought were much more than $6 bucks each for the game there too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
" Tailgating " is only good at BC if you are a Flynn Donor to the School, and willing to spend a Kings Ransom to get an on stadium parking site to tailgate there. Not much room at their school for tailgating. As for " parking ", $6 bucks on stubhub got you a 35-40 yard line ( top tier level ) seat for this Uconn- BC game, and FREE parking with the purchase of the ticket at one of the nearby BC parking satellite offices, ( Brighton, Newton ) where BC buses ran one right after the other to and from the stadium, 2 hours before and 2 hours after the game. By comparison, I think we paid 15 bucks extra to park at the Rent, and the tickets we bought were much more than $6 bucks each for the game there too.

Trouble is that UConn should have to pay every Husky fan a tidy sum for having to put up with the HCBD "chamber of horrors". BC must have enjoyed it, so maybe it would be worth whatever is charged.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Besides how terrible we performed on the field, I think I was more depressed by how little hatred there was in this game. We've been waiting for this game for years, a decade actually. Yet here we were and BC fans were being flipping nice to us and we were being nice to them. I was in that boat too and it was nice to not be harrassed while in a state of depression. However, it's just sad that this game has sunk to these standards. Both of these programs need a reason to hate someone and I don't see why it can't be each other. That rivalry hatred fuels the fun of CFB. UConn has no hatred towards anyone they play anymore so fans tune out games. I got the feeling that BC fans have the same feeling. It was glaringly obvious that 3/4 of the fans came to watch Matt Ryan because when the second half started, none of them came back to their seats. There's no connection to the schools they face because both schools aren't natural geographic fits.

It was just a really sad day overall and sad realization that both UConn and BC are geographic outliers who really needed a rivalry. Yet here we are.....both school wanting their HC fired and being nice to each other....ugh!

Reaction Score
It was just a really sad day overall and sad realization that both UConn and BC are geographic outliers who really needed a rivalry. Yet here we are.....both school wanting their HC fired and being nice to each other....ugh!

Well... it's past history... but its probably partially our fault for trying to sue them when they left the Big East and partially their fault for retaliating when it was our turn to join the ACC. The bad blood was never on the football field or the basketball court, but in the conference rooms of the administrations. Agreed though... while I had a nice day at the game yesterday, the recognition of where these athletic programs are headed is pretty sobering.

Reaction Score
Was funny to see the line on NESN this morning. BC 'upsets' UCONN.........................30-0 Really? UPSET? Guess the Big-12 made the right decision not inviting UCONN. When you get waxed by one of the worst teams in the ACC, it kind of tells you that UCONN will NOT be an asset to your conference, in football, UNLESS they are your opponent for Homecoming or some other special event. i.e the whipping dog for your team. So now it looks like Diacco will be fired, and the search will be on for another head coach. But the problems of this team will remain. Lackluster talent, unable to compete in recruiting wars for better talent, a conference that is moribund, and it sounds like an AD that is not well liked either.

Reaction Score
Yeah we might be a little less talented than other teams but winning cures that. We have talent, enough to have won but when your preparation is behind the scenes, on BOTH sides of the ball, your talent level looks nonexistent. Total joke. My heart goes out to Noel Thomas Jr and the crew. They were ilprepared for this. And on top of that you do NOTHING about special teams. NOTHING. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Diaco coached as if we were in the era he played. The 80s & 90s are long gone. That slow methodical coddling doesn't work for a program that went to the Fiesta Bowl a few years prior to his hire along with several other bowl games. Unacceptable.
IMO, if Benedict is moving in from him make the move now. Forget having him Coach next weekend. Get the search team in place NOW. MOST important, hire the best guy for the job, one who's coached a meaningfull football game before knows how to lead a football team behind the scenes (off the field and during practice) as well as on the field. No more lip service through the media either .

Reaction Score
Besides how terrible we performed on the field, I think I was more depressed by how little hatred there was in this game. here we are.....both school wanting their HC fired and being nice to each other....ugh!
We were in Tallahassee with the BC Gridiron Club a few years back, watched BC beat FSU in a photo finish game. We left the FSU parking lot in one of 3 busses with " Boston College " on the front over the driver, and as we exited, dozens of FSU tailgaters raised their glasses simultaneously to toast us on BC's victory ( as displeased with their team as they were that day ). It was a classy gesture everyone thought, and I had similar experiences at other away game venues over the years on occasion. I know that some younger generation Uconn football fans like to see demonstrable hate, ie eggs and full beer bottle cans and bottles thrown at BC busses, and profanity and obsecenities hurled at BC fans, and really do not like to see friendly banter, civililty demonstrated between fanbases... I get that. But it is not something I share at all. I am glad that BC decided to set the ACC, BC lawsuit aside, and all the hate residue left on that, and decide to play Uconn in football again. You are correct that Uconn fans and BC fans at Alumni Stadium yesterday got along very, very well yesterday. in close quarters, and all were respectable with one another. It was an entirely civil game among the rspective fan bases. I know you ( and perhaps others in the Uconn football fanbase ) believe that hate, incivility, rude behaviors should be the norm between BC and Uconn, but I would respectfully disagree. No.. I do not want to see the hate revisited, nor do I want to see any more BC fans subjected to hate filled behaviors in Hartford next year when a few handful of BC fans might decide to venture back to a venue for a game that was so filled with hate and rude behaviors the last time the 2 teams played. I won't go next year to Hartford. I can't take such chances when too many people think being nice and civil to one another at a football game is not something to be encouraged. BC football fans had nothing to do with the acrimony that developed between the 2 school's administrations. Uconn football fans did not either. Fans can only be held responsible for how we treat one another. Yesterday, BC and Uconn football fans got along just fine in close quarters. There were no incidents at all in Chestnut Hill. The ball is now in Uconn's court to see how Uconn football fans behave next year in Hartford when the 2 teams play again, and some BC fans decide to take the chance to return again there, to follow and support their team.

Last edited:

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Should of had driver send the bus through Bobby red pants' office

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
We were in Tallahassee with the BC Gridiron Club a few years back, watched BC beat FSU in a photo finish game. We left the FSU parking lot in one of 3 busses with " Boston College " on the front over the driver, and as we exited, dozens of FSU tailgaters raised their glasses simultaneously to toast us on BC's victory ( as displeased with their team as they were that day ). It was a classy gesture everyone thought, and I had similar experiences at other away game venues over the years on occasion. I know that some younger generation Uconn football fans like to see demonstrable hate, ie eggs and full beer bottle cans and bottles thrown at BC busses, and profanity and obsecenities hurled at BC fans, and really do not like to see friendly banter, civililty demonstrated between fanbases... I get that. But it is not something I share at all. I am glad that BC decided to set the ACC, BC lawsuit aside, and all the hate residue left on that, and decide to play Uconn in football again. You are correct that Uconn fans and BC fans at Alumni Stadium yesterday got along very, very well yesterday. in close quarters, and all were respectable with one another. It was an entirely civil game among the rspective fan bases. I know you ( and perhaps others in the Uconn football fanbase ) believe that hate, incivility, rude behaviors should be the norm between BC and Uconn, but I would respectfully disagree. No.. I do not want to see the hate revisited, nor do I want to see any more BC fans subjected to hate filled behaviors in Hartford next year when a few handful of BC fans might decide to venture back to a venue for a game that was so filled with hate and rude behaviors the last time the 2 teams played. I won't go next year to Hartford. I can't take such chances when too many people think being nice and civil to one another at a football game is not something to be encouraged. BC football fans had nothing to do with the acrimony that developed between the 2 school's administrations. Uconn football fans did not either. Fans can only be held responsible for how we treat one another. Yesterday, BC and Uconn football fans got along just fine in close quarters. There were no incidents at all in Chestnut Hill. The ball is now in Uconn's court to see how Uconn football fans behave next year in Hartford when the 2 teams play again, and some BC fans decide to take the chance to return again there, to follow and support their team.
I'm not looking for violence or anything of the sort at games. I'm not looking for harrassessment in a harmful way either. However, I am looking for someone good old rivalry hatred. you totally misread my post and maybe I made it sound like that I was looking for that but I wasn't. However, a little good old fashioned exchanges is never a bad thing and makes these games extremely interesting.

What I saw yesterday made this game feel no different then I feel when I go see us play someone like ECU or Tulane. Just another game and that's a real big disappointment as this game had the chance to be a great rivalry.

Reaction Score
To be a great rivalry both teams have to have top 25 programs. Unfortunately that rivalry has a better chance of developing on the ice than on the gridiron between UConn and BC.

BC does not realize that their program is in a free fall. Greater Boston and Massachusetts no longer produces NFL talent that was always a base for their program from the 70's through the early 2000's. Believe it or not Boston/Mass has produced 3 Heisman winners, Bertelli (ND), Bellino (Navy) & Flutie.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Syracuse has played here twice since announcing that they were bolting for the ACC and brought plenty of fans here without incident. Rutgers came and played a game here after they announced they were leaving of the B1G, again without incident to any of their fans. I think BC fans will be fine next year. Yes, UConn fans probably hate BC more than the other way around. And yes, there will probably be a few knuckleheads at the game that will get too liquored up. But a few knuckleheads doesn't make for an entire fanbase nor do they reflect on "UConn's court". There is nothing UConn can do about the surly behaviors of a few fans much like there is nothing BC can do about theirs other than remove them from the stadium and possibly not invite them back. But yes, I agree with yours and others sentiments that I hope UConn fans direct their energies towards the on-field play rather than the stands. I think they will. I don't know if you have been to the XL for a hockey game but I've been to both games and sat near some BC fans and there was zero incidents (actually zero anti-BC stuff whatsoever). I think that will translate to football too.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
His contract ends 12/31 and will not be renewed. He was not on the field for Ryan's or Keuchley's jersey retirements.

The post I quoted appeared to be referring to Benedict.

Reaction Score
The post I quoted appeared to be referring to Benedict.

If our AD has his hands tied in January regarding our coaching situation it won't matter who likes who. AD Benedict apparently went along with the plans they made for our sought after Coach in order to get along. Even so he deserves to have his own guy here and hopefully received assurances that option would be available in January if it went in the crapper. If not he'd be justified in shopping his talents elsewhere and that would be a huge black mark for our program. Maybe fatal.

Reaction Score
Well... it's past history... but its probably partially our fault for trying to sue them when they left the Big East and partially their fault for retaliating when it was our turn to join the ACC. The bad blood was never on the football field or the basketball court, but in the conference rooms of the administrations. Agreed though... while I had a nice day at the game yesterday, the recognition of where these athletic programs are headed is pretty sobering.
Partially our fault? For letting it happen? Pathetic.

Reaction Score
To be a great rivalry both teams have to have top 25 programs.
No they don't. Not in my opinion anyway. Its not crucial at all that " to have a great college football rivalry, both teams have to have top 25 programs". Navy- Army has one of the best college football rivalries in all of college football, and its rare these days now for either one of them to finish the season in the top 25, let alone " both teams ". Harvard- Yale is a great college football rivalry, and neither has finished in the top 25 since anyone here on this forum has been alive. Mississippi- Mississippi State is a great college football rivalry, and its rare for either of them to finish in the top 25 these days now. BYU- Utah has had a great annual college football rivalry for many decades, and there has never been a season when " both teams " were top 25. We could name other such rivalry games as well, where neither team was a " top 25 " football program most seasons. There are a few fundamental things that are required to have a great college football rivalry, but " both teams must be top 25 college football programs " is not one of them, imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr