Just for fun, as of now, who will the 5th starter be? | The Boneyard

Just for fun, as of now, who will the 5th starter be?

Who will the 5th starter be?

• Makurat

• Adebayo

• Griffin

• Bent

• Irwin

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So I know there are a few other possible recruits out there who could play next year that are being looked at, but as of right now, who do we think the 5th starter will be?

This assumes that the core 4 who have already earned a spot will be Danger, Christyn, Megan and ONO.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Westbrook or Laksa. ;)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I understand the reason for this thread and believe it is sort of tongue in cheek. But at least there are viable options to choose from this time around, which should make every Huskie fan here on the BY very happy (except for the multitudes of Debbie Downers).
I am thinking that maybe next season our GOAT can put "big" lineup or a "small" lineup on the court to start the game and go from there. Yeah, what a problem to have.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I too believe there's more to come, if Evelyn is the last addition for next year, she would likely be the 5th starter. What that would do is move Megan to her more natural position on the wing and give UConn a formidable front line with Liv, Evelyn & Megan up front. Add in Ania and hopefully Aubrey off the bench, both of whom are versatile enough to play anywhere from pg to sf, and UConn would be a very dangerous team.

Reaction Score
So I know there are a few other possible recruits out there who could play next year that are being looked at, but as of right now, who do we think the 5th starter will be?

This assumes that the core 4 who have already earned a spot will be Danger, Christyn, Megan and ONO.
If the 4 are not a lock then there just ain't no Santa Clause!! Anna if all said is true. Pro/International the kid obviously has GAME. Same is true of Griffin. Poor Geno he just added problems. Poor Geno. Now if he pulls in Cook--yahoo, I mean Gloom, doom, gloom, It's like raising Rabbits--how do you stop them!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
No opportunity to choose Westbrook?

She would my clear favorite.
Did I miss her committed to UConn thread?????? Please supply the link to that thread, thanks.

Reaction Score
The only certainty here is that we will find out in October.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
With transfers still available how can we say who will start. Right now I know Christyn, Crystal and Megan. I can't even pencil in Olivia (I would love for her to start). If Westbrook and Collins chose UConn they will be eligible to play this season. They could both start. Ask this question again in August or September.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Here is where I believe we are at now. We needed a 5th starter and we needed somebody with experience off the bench this season. IMO we got them. Evelyn is experienced and she is here for one year. Leaving the door open for her position which is why I believe we have more recruits coming. Anna is experienced and she is here for 4 years. The recruitment of Evelyn will not affect our future recruiting because she is here for one year. With her numbers and granted they are not from a top 5 conference but they are impressive and she fills the void of a big who can put up numbers. Anna will gain alot of experience this season along with Aubrey. Both should see alot of playtime and be developed. Remember they are still 18 yrs old.

The question is if we get another player, a transfer and she has to sit out a year or gets a wavier and plays right away how will that affect the players we just got and how will that effect recruiting in the future? How much more can a 2 year player bring then what we already have? We are in much better shape right now then we were a month ago. Also we have incoming freshman this season and next season who are very good and they will need time just like all other freshman to learn Geno's system and learn to play at the college level. As good as they were they are still 18 years old and it will take time to develop them.

IMO Evelyn starts because she has 4 years experience, is a rebounder and a scorer but she too has to learn Geno's system. Those coming in next season will also have to learn Genos system and get college experience. I think this season we could use one more player and the following season a big or two.

We are a team with talent, and potential and we are a team that is still developing. Im looking forward to the season as Geno is compiling alot of talent. Its an exciting time to be a UConn fan. This season reminds me of the excitement we had the season we got DT and had TASS. We had alot of talent on the floor and coming off the bench. This is a great time to be a UConn fan and Geno isnt finished yet.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don't see it happening. She still has one year of eligibility left. She either plays for USF or she turns pro in Europe.
FYI, Laksa graduates from USF today. Still no word on her plans. If she planned to return to USF as a grad student, she would have already let everyone know. It would be the easiest decision and there’s absolutely no reason to keep it a secret.

I do believe she’s made up her mind either to play in Europe as a pro or go to another US school as a graduate transfer. I don’t think she wants to answer a lot of questions right now from everyone on campus. Out of respect for Jose and her teammates, she’s keeping her decision private until she leaves school.

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
FYI, Laksa graduates from USF today. Still no word on her plans. If she planned to return to USF as a grad student, she would have already let everyone know. It would be the easiest decision and there’s absolutely no reason to keep it a secret.

I do believe she’s made up her mind either to play in Europe as a pro or go to another US school as a graduate transfer. I don’t think she wants to answer a lot of questions right now from everyone on campus. Out of respect for Jose and her teammates, she’s keeping her decision private until she leaves school.

Just a reminder, when Laksa went down with the ACL in November, we heard nothing from her or USF until Senior Night in March against UConn. Graduation was on Thursday. I don't expect an announcement from her or USF for a while.

Given the relationship Jose and Geno have, I just don't see her being a grad transfer at UConn. Neither do some of our USF friends.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just a reminder, when Laksa went down with the ACL in November, we heard nothing from her or USF until Senior Night in March against UConn. Graduation was on Thursday. I don't expect an announcement from her or USF for a while.

Given the relationship Jose and Geno have, I just don't see her being a grad transfer at UConn. Neither do some of our USF friends.
That may be so, but I don’t see her back at USF either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom