Just Dropped 50 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Just Dropped 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
As for depth, quite frankly beyond 8 guys I don't put a lot of stock in it. I always think basketball is about a star player and 2 other guys who can score well. Throw in a beast down low and some role players who knows the guy who is starting is better but that he can contribute in a meaningful way through defense , 3 ball or whatever. Teams that have too many guys at the same position with equal talent often develop chemistry issues.
This is my fear for this team. Purvis, Adams, and Gibbs are all really good. And if Cassel gets healthy and proves he can be the JUCO All-American he was, then it adds another to the mix.

C

Chief00

Ironically, coaches love depth for practice, insurance against injuries and as a bandage against foul trouble. We did have deep teams in 1999 and 2004. But everyone knew who the stars were Rip, El Amin, Ben and Emeka. And that's with 2 NBA guys on the bench - Hilton and Charlie in 2004.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Ironically, coaches love depth for practice, insurance against injuries and as a bandage against foul trouble. We did have deep teams in 1999 and 2004. But everyone knew who the stars were Rip, El Amin, Ben and Emeka. And that's with 2 NBA guys on the bench - Hilton and Charlie in 2004.
So when you see these "Who Takes the Last Shot" threads going around, do you think if Gibbs is given the reigns from the get-go, Purvis or Hamilton won't feel jealous/angry?

C

Chief00

So when you see these "Who Takes the Last Shot" threads going around, do you think if Gibbs is given the reigns from the get-go, Purvis or Hamilton won't feel jealous/angry?
That's an interesting question. Quite frankly, I think the starting point to the answer is that Boatright was the man last season so no one on the current team already had it on this team. So that's good in one sense. But, Gibbs was in that role at SHU so he may expect it.
I also wouldn't be surprise if Adams talent takes him up the normal pecking order quicker than one might think. I don't know enough about his mental approach and leadership skills to say for sure.
The draft is also sometimes a factor with a guy wanting to take more shots - if a guy thinks he is coming out after the season he may want to put up more shots - remember 2006.

Reaction Score
On UCONN to win it all next Season!
Friends of mine in Nevada are putting 200 dollars on UCONN to win it. Cant do it from here because you need to reside in NV. If you do not reside in NV, and do it from here, it violates interstate gambling laws. Odds were 100 - 1. Then 80 -1, and Yes are now 70 -1. Our outlook is moving in the right direction.

Reaction Score
On UCONN to win it all next Season!
To get the current odds google Las vegas betting. most of the sites will have a link to Futures. Select college hoops, and go down the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom