Just Dropped 50 | The Boneyard

Just Dropped 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Funny thought, me wonders what Scrappy would bet.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly the odds are against any particular team winning it all. Especially since experience and dominance are generally required - although our 2 most recent NC's really did not Dominate until late.
Having said that, for the average fan out there I will say this - it's all about Adams! If he makes a quick adjustment to the college game we could be very good - Gibbs is a known commodity as is Miller although he will have to adjust somewhat to a higher level of play.
I also talked to someone I respect from a BB evaluation perspective and he is very high on Enoch's potential and mid range shooting stroke.

Reaction Score
Quite frankly the odds are against any particular team winning it all. Especially since experience and dominance are generally required - although our 2 most recent NC's really did not Dominate until late.
Having said that, for the average fan out there I will say this - it's all about Adams! If he makes a quick adjustment to the college game we could be very good - Gibbs is a known commodity as is Miller although he will have to adjust somewhat to a higher level of play.
I also talked to someone I respect from a BB evaluation perspective and he is very high on Enoch's potential and mid range shooting stroke.
Konchalski doesn't have a phone so meeting the guy in person must have been enlightening. Well done Chief :)!

I spoke with someone whose son played for St Thomas More last year/Expressions Elite (and a former coach) and he told me Enoch will be a bit of a project like many Freshman are. Adams on the other hand he specifically stated "Adams would really help UConn this year..." meaning last year as we speak. I haven't seen a lot of Adams. The addition of Gibbs though is going to give him the time he needs to adjust. My expectations are tempered for the first half of the year regarding Adams. By the second half of the year I think he could be the piece that helps bring everything together to put UConn is position to make another run to the Final4. The chalk is average at best comparatively speaking for 2015-16. So the tourney should be crazy. I do love Diallo amd hope he doesn't put Kansas over the top next year. Hopefully they fold in March.

Reaction Score
Sage

Reaction Score
You're a very wise man.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I haven't felt as good about one of our team's preseason chances since before the 2008-09 season.

C

Chief00

Konchalski doesn't have a phone so meeting the guy in person must have been enlightening. Well done Chief :)!

I spoke with someone whose son played for St Thomas More last year/Expressions Elite (and a former coach) and he told me Enoch will be a bit of a project like many Freshman are. Adams on the other hand he specifically stated "Adams would really help UConn this year..." meaning last year as we speak. I haven't seen a lot of Adams. The addition of Gibbs though is going to give him the time he needs to adjust. My expectations are tempered for the first half of the year regarding Adams. By the second half of the year I think he could be the piece that helps bring everything together to put UConn is position to make another run to the Final4. The chalk is average at best comparatively speaking for 2015-16. So the tourney should be crazy. I do love Diallo amd hope he doesn't put Kansas over the top next year. Hopefully they fold in March.

In agreement on Adams - he is special. Like other freshmen he needs to get stronger cuz guys will try to play him physical because he is skilled and talented. Big men in general develop slower - but Enoch has the frame that can get stronger and he has a shot mechanics that most guys don't have. So my advice is don't underestimate him. As you know, I don't sugarcoat evaluations and get sometimes criticized by fantypes for being quite frank.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I haven't felt as good about one of our team's preseason chances since before the 2008-09 season.
And we all know how that ended....The most confident I was was before one of the '90s Donyell Marshall teams. I think a couple of free throws ended that dream.

Reaction Score
In agreement on Adams - he is special. Like other freshmen he needs to get stronger cuz guys will try to play him physical because he is skilled and talented. Big men in general develop slower - but Enoch has the frame that can get stronger and he has a shot mechanics that most guys don't have. So my advice is don't underestimate him. As you know, I don't sugarcoat evaluations and get sometimes criticized by fantypes for being quite frank.

I understand Chief...the idea of not underestimating Mr. Enoch though puts our depth chart in very serious bullish territory. The type of competition we could see for PT could be legendary to say the very least. That is the thing I like...your frankness. Being able to discuss UConn hoops with "fantypes" in a frank manner is quite frankly just being frank. What has been going on with Brimah? Has he been working out/hanging with anyone at the gym since the season ended? :)

C

Chief00

Brimah has always gone to the gym during the summers in Storrs. What we don't know is does he have that obsession to get better and in that time does the game become intuitive?

C

Chief00

As for depth, quite frankly beyond 8 guys I don't put a lot of stock in it. I always think basketball is about a star player and 2 other guys who can score well. Throw in a beast down low and some role players who knows the guy who is starting is better but that he can contribute in a meaningful way through defense , 3 ball or whatever. Teams that have too many guys at the same position with equal talent often develop chemistry issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom