June non-UConn recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

June non-UConn recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Well, Janiah Barker has a Top 5 but she's still tight-lipped. Gonna' take visits in the Fall apparently.

Yeah, Barker is being really tight-lipped. Which I kinda don’t mind because it’s a throwback to how recruiting used to be when I first started watching WBB where it was really difficult to find info on players. I can’t find any chatter on her and the recruiting folks I usually reach out to know nothing for certain… all of them have guesses based on the connections of her AAU program and where those elite players typically go, but nothing for certain.

Reaction Score

Well, Janiah Barker has a Top 5 but she's still tight-lipped. Gonna' take visits in the Fall apparently.

I feel like any recruit who picks Tennessee is taking the easy route and is sold the pitch “we will build around you” or you can beat ( team name here ) and build your own legacy blah blah blah. Old laurels are sold at that program. SC in relevant, Tenn not so much.

Reaction Score
I feel like any recruit who picks Tennessee is taking the easy route and is sold the pitch “we will build around you” or you can beat ( team name here ) and build your own legacy blah blah blah. Old laurels are sold at that program. SC in relevant, Tenn not so much.
Glad your feelings dont impact recruits lol

Reaction Score
Is it true that Ohio St offered a 2027 prospect?
That would be outrageous. What would be more outrageous...is if she accepted. The transfer portal is a mess because so many of these players...didn't think this whole thing through.

Reaction Score
That would be outrageous. What would be more outrageous...is if she accepted. The transfer portal is a mess because so many of these players...didn't think this whole thing through.
Hopefully this player will be smart like Azzi Fudd who was also offered as a 6th grader.

Reaction Score
2023 Martin Westview Guard @jada1harrison Top 40 national prospect visiting Lady Vols…
1996A34E-E65E-4F50-9ADC-4A2644087F11.png

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
espnW #17 Ta’Niya Latson, a 5-8 combo guard out of Atlanta, took her official visit to Florida State this weekend:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
espnW #13 Grace Vanslooten, a 6-3 wing/forward out of Ohio, took her second official visit to Gonzaga this weekend:

Has to be one of the highest ranked WBB recruits to ever visit Gonzaga.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not really sure what aesthetic they are going for in that Gonzaga pic. I suspect it's "PNW non-chalance" but it gives off "In the Palouse, there is only one LazyBoy" vibes ...

But I hope she enjoyed her visit. The Zags are a good program.

Reaction Score
espnW #13 Grace Vanslooten, a 6-3 wing/forward out of Ohio, took her second official visit to Gonzaga this weekend:

The VanSlootens spent a few days in Eugene where they met Oregon's coaches and players in person for the first time and toured the school. The highlights of her time in Eugene included being inside Matthew Knight Arena and time spent with Oregon coach Kelly Graves and the other coaches.

“He’s exactly like my dad, so I could see him being a father figure for me while I’m that far away from home," she said. "I live in Ohio, so I’d be going all the way across the country.

“He’s super easy to talk to. He’s funny. He’s just a really cool guy. You can tell he’s in it for the right reasons."

Not only does VanSlooten have a longstanding relationship with Graves, but she also knows recently-hired assistant Jackie Nared-Hairston too. Nared-Hairston had spearheaded the Wildcats recruitment of VanSlooten before taking the Oregon job in late April.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Different Vibe in the Gonzaga pictures than the Oregon pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom