July recruiting thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

July recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Addison: a rising soph with those skills? An early offer from Geno....granted that is become more
frequent. From Missouri. We have read some speculation about The Big 12 pursuing UConn for membership.
We have had great recruiting success in the midwest despite our distance. I wonder IF we wound up in the Big 12 whether that success would uptick with many of our away games in that section of the country.

Just love her offensive versatility and athleticism for so young a player.

Reaction Score
Yeah, she looks bigger than 6'0". I like how she helps the girl up after blocking her shot. She doesn't need cheap advantages to beat you.
What I like about the play is that Bjorn lifts up her opponent while barely breaking stride, and while keeping her eyes focused up court. However, even if Bjorn had not helped the other player up, I don't think that the 5 on 4 advantage would be "cheap" or "unfair". Do you think that a player who breaks her opponent's ankles (figuratively speaking) with a crossover dribble should wait until the opponent gets up before shooting?

Reaction Score
What I like about the play is that Bjorn lifts up her opponent while barely breaking stride, and while keeping her eyes focused up court. However, even if Bjorn had not helped the other player up, I don't think that the 5 on 4 advantage would be "cheap" or "unfair". Do you think that a player who breaks her opponent's ankles (figuratively speaking) with a crossover dribble should wait until the opponent gets up before shooting?
I saw that "Pick me up" also. Nice gesture. I ' m sure that it did not affect the outcome of the game!
Nice going Addison!

Reaction Score
Question: Does the fact that Juste Jocyte played Pro Ball in Europe disqualify her for playing NCAA women's basketball at UCONN?

If not, recruiting her during the U19 Worlds would be at the top of my list....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Question: Does the fact that Juste Jocyte played Pro Ball in Europe disqualify her for playing NCAA women's basketball at UCONN?

If not, recruiting her during the U19 Worlds would be at the top of my list....

I think it does not. As I understand it, she is playing as an unpaid amateur on a professional team. I've loved Juste for about 3 years now. The question is: Does she want a U.S. college degree and WCBB experience before turning pro?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I don`t follow recruiting as closely as some, but I am trying to figure out where were are in the 2024 - 2026 classes. Here is what I have:

2024 - verbal commitments from Allie Ziebell 6'0" (or 5'10", take your pick) and Morgan Cheli 6'2"
POI/offers- Sarah Strong 6'2", Kate Koval 6'4", Justice Carlton 6'2", Amari Berry 5'10" (do we know if Koval and Carlton have offers?)

2025 - verbal commitment from Kelis Fisher 5'9"
offers - Dee Alexander 6'0", Brynn McGaughy 6'3"
are we involved with Addison Deal 6'0"? There is a recent post above about her. Don`t know much about her but she looks very good and is from Mater Dei.

2026 - offers - Olivia Vukosa 6'4", Addison Bjorn 6'0"
are we involved with McKenna Woliczko 6'2"? (Certainly hope so!)

Who am I missing? What did I get wrong?

Reaction Score
I don`t follow recruiting as closely as some, but I am trying to figure out where were are in the 2024 - 2026 classes. Here is what I have:

2024 - verbal commitments from Allie Ziebell 6'0" (or 5'10", take your pick) and Morgan Cheli 6'2"
POI/offers- Sarah Strong 6'2", Kate Koval 6'4", Justice Carlton 6'2", Amari Berry 5'10" (do we know if Koval and Carlton have offers?)

2025 - verbal commitment from Kelis Fisher 5'9"
offers - Dee Alexander 6'0", Brynn McGaughy 6'3"
are we involved with Addison Deal 6'0"?
There is a recent post above about her. Don`t know much about her but she looks very good and is from Mater Dei.

2026 - offers - Olivia Vukosa 6'4", Addison Bjorn 6'0"
are we involved with McKenna Woliczko 6'2"? (Certainly hope so!)

Who am I missing? What did I get wrong?
3 bolded:
1- Yes on Carlton. Can't find any evidence of an offer to Koval. It's possible but I don't think there's a lot of mutual interest. If there was it seems she would have made or scheduled at least an unofficial visit by now as she has with several other schools she has interest in.
2- No evidence of an offer to either yet although McGaughy has stated her interest in UConn publicly. Deal is a pure wing and over the next couple years UConn is recruiting several so there's a lot of moving parts here but who knows? Maybe they will be involved at some point.
3- There's probably some UConn interest but Woliczko and her dad especially are huge ND fans and were ecstatic last month when she received her offer from Coach Ivey. This might be a longshot.

Reaction Score
McGaughy had ankle surgery recently. Injury (fracture and dislocation) occurred at the end of June.
Ouch, I've been through that and the pain at the time of injury is excruciating. Long rehab ahead and I hope she can be fully ready for her winter HS season.

Reaction Score
I think Vukosa is likely, Strong slightly less so, but Koval? I’m not feeling it. I hope I’m wrong, of course, but I just haven’t seen much that leads me to think Koval is seriously considering us. If we can just get Strong and Vukosa though, I think I can probably survive the terrible los of Koval:rolleyes:
Geno has been down here (Sanford, NC) to see Strong.

Reaction Score
Used to travel with work frequently to Australia and saw several women's games. My impression was that the game was more physical than the European leagues. Have no knowledge of Lara Somfai but in addition to the shooting and driving skills seen in the video, at 6'3" she likely knows how to bang underneath. Would be curious what level she plays at.

Reaction Score
Somfai just played in the Asia U16 championships. She was sick and missed the early round games but recovered to play in the semis and finals which Australia won. She scored 24 pts in she semis and 8 points in the finals today.

Just off a couple of videos she looks as good or better than the forwards Australia has in the U19 tournament.

Reaction Score
Seems Morgan Valley has been heavy into the international recruiting market. She just recent followed Australian Lara Somfai.
I wonder if scouting the international players is her responsibility. I'm sure they divide and conquer.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Just off a couple of videos she looks as good or better than the forwards Australia has in the U19 tournament.
I bet she is.

Somfai is coached/trained by Jelena Todorovic, a former Serbian player who is one of the up and coming coaches/trainers in Europe and Australia. She helped coach Giannis and the Greek National Team (men's) during a FIBA tournament. She said this about Somfai:

I have coached many young men but nothing comes close to this amazing young woman… she is only 16 years old but is one of the biggest professionals I have ever seen. I’ve seen her compete against boys and grown men in many of my trainings, I’ve seen her put in countless hours in the gym and everything always with a smile . . . She is the best young player in the WHOLE of Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom