July recruiting period underway (AAU) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

July recruiting period underway (AAU)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Courtside has new ones of Anaya Peoples and Kaitlyn Gilbert for the ND members here.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Zia Cooke – 2019 – 5-9 – Point Guard – Sports City U – Elite point guard continues to evolve…Attack challenges defenders more as her choices sharpen…Beginning to make the players around her better on a more consistent basis…Has shown she can handle pressure down the stretch…Becoming a more and more efficient defender…Quickness and reads make her an impact on the ball and from the weakside…Not done yet

Azzi Fudd – 2021 – 5-10 – Point Guard – Fairfax Stars – Added more to successful summer resume’…Becoming more and more relentless in her attack…Getting defenders out of position more often to get the looks she wants…Strength is evolving and making her a more challenging match-up for opposing defenders…Touch is consistent both from mid-range and from deep on the perimeter…Utilizing aforementioned strength on defense as well

30th Annual USJN National Championship - Bluestar Media

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wow!!! That tweet speaks volumes on the monster that is the recruiting process!!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi is a local kid. I need to go watch her at the Potomac School.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm finding it difficult keeping up with these high-octane high school players. Maybe someone can identify the top two or three UConn recruiting targets in the 2018, '19 and '20 classes? Thanks.
Here is the thing thou. This one (Melious) is not in High school yet, AND WON"T BE FOR TWO MORE Years!
Charli Collier (P) has already verballed #2 in the class per ESPN. Next is Hopefully Christyn Williams (G) #1 in the class has already visited UCONN on her dime. The Katie Bar the door Scenario would be for UCONN to also get Olivia Nelson-Ododa (F/P) #3 in the class per ESPN.
2019 is Samantha Brunelle (F) #1 per ESPN + a whole Bunch of Other W/PG/G in the mix also.
2020 is Paige Bueckers ( PG)who is separating herself from everyone else QUICKLY!
2021 is Azzi Fudd (G)

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Here is the thing thou. This one (Melious) is not in High school yet, AND WON"T BE FOR TWO MORE Years!
Charli Collier (P) has already verballed #2 in the class per ESPN. Next is Hopefully Christyn Williams (G) #1 in the class has already visited UCONN on her dime. The Katie Bar the door Scenario would be for UCONN to also get Olivia Nelson-Ododa (F/P) #3 in the class per ESPN.
2019 is Samantha Brunelle (F) #1 per ESPN + a whole Bunch of Other W/PG/G in the mix also.
2020 is Paige Bueckers ( PG)who is separating herself from everyone else QUICKLY!
2021 is Azzi Fudd (G)
Thanks, Coco

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
2021 is Azzi Fudd (G)

I highly doubt ONO will become a Husky. I will be surprised if we make her top 5 officials when released. I know some on here are wishing but the I've heard opposite.

I could see 2-3 in 2018. Collier-verbal, Williams-possibly, another post????

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I highly doubt ONO will become a Husky. I will be surprised if we make her top 5 officials when released. I know some on here are wishing but the I've heard opposite.

I don't know where ONO will land but it won't be in Storrs. I also will be surprised if UConn makes the next cut.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

Won't the acquisition of another post in '18 work against getting Brunelle in '19 or don't the kids think that way?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2019 Guard Yasmeen Chang Makes a Statement

One of the top point guards in the Southeast, Yasmeen Chang, had an impressive showing today for her Tampa Thunder team as they faced off against Spiece Lady Gym Rats of the Nike EYBL. Chang, who thrives when she can push the tempo and get downhill in the halfcourt, took advantage of an up and down game managing to score 24 points leading all scorers and make a lasting impact on the game both offensively and defensively. While it is still early for the prep prospect, Chang already hears from a volume of top 25 caliber programs and her play today could have more calling come August.

PSB Power 48 Blog | Prospects Nation

Reaction Score
2021 is Azzi Fudd (G)

Wow Melious--with all that skill a tiny tot. the 18,19,20, (I like the 20 prospect--she appears to have everything a pG /Sg may need from the video., the others are high ViZ targets)
azzi Fudd new one to me.
Thanks--as usual, great feedback , great info.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Brunelle is a wing
Your debate is with Coco, Dude; he's the one who listed Brunelle as an F, distinguishing her from a W. I'll let you guys work out the positional semantics.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Won't the acquisition of another post in '18 work against getting Brunelle in '19 or don't the kids think that way?
The great kids don't think that way they are willing to be molded into better version of themselves in the same way that steel sharpens steel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom