July recruiting period underway (AAU) | The Boneyard

July recruiting period underway (AAU)

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
In Louisville, where Geno is today (7/6), Charli Collier scored 15 points for Cy Fair.

Perhaps Geno's attention is on Rickea Jackson ('19) who had 17 points and 3 steals in a game Thursday afternoon. Haley Jones ('19) also playing at the event.

UConn targets Kylee Watson and Maddie Burke in action for the Philly Belles as well.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There are two events in Kentucky Expo Center in Louisville: the Run for the Roses and a NikeGirlsEYBL event.

I think Aliyah Boston is playing. North Tartan is there but I don't know whether Bueckers is.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
There are two events in Kentucky Expo Center in Louisville: the Run for the Roses and a NikeGirlsEYBL event.

I think Aliyah Boston is playing. North Tartan is there but I don't know whether Bueckers is.

Bueckers is not playing. She plays for the U15 team.

Boston is at the Run 4 the Roses event.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Events all over the country. Geno's in Kentucky. Not sure who he is there to see yet.

Going to try and keep notes and updates here.

Thanks for doing this -- this evaluation period and the one later in July should find coaching staffs here, there and everywhere there are prospects to see and unknowns to learn about.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Second game of the day for Michigan Crossover in Louisville.

Rickea Jackson: 28 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks

Jackson and Aquira DeCosta have starred today.

DeCosta's teammate Haley Jones had 4 points and 10 rebounds.

Reaction Score
Just a quick question. When Geno or Staff show up at these events, do the other school coaches give a collective sigh whisper "Oh crap. UConn is here":rolleyes:

the other coaches just hope the players they are scouting have a really bad day.........

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I recall reading that Indiana felt they had a real shot at Kia Nurse...there was some connection there...maybe a relative.
The coach of Indiana was the current coach of the Ct. Sun. He was watching Kia at some point and a UConn coach showed up....maybe Shea. He saw her busily communicating with someone....he assumed it was a fellow UConn staffer...and he felt that she was focused on Kia. The article said that his heart dropped on the spot.

BTW: he seems to be doing a good job with the Sun...correct?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I recall reading that Indiana felt they had a real shot at Kia Nurse...there was some connection there...maybe a relative.
The coach of Indiana was the current coach of the Ct. Sun. He was watching Kia at some point and a UConn coach showed up....maybe Shea. He saw her busily communicating with someone....he assumed it was a fellow UConn staffer...and he felt that she was focused on Kia. The article said that his heart dropped on the spot.
The connection of Curt Miller to the Nurse family goes way back when he was an assistant coach at Syracuse. At Syracuse he coached Raquel Nurse (later became McNabb). He also coached Kia's sister Tamika in college at Bowling Green and was HC at Indiana when Kia was being recruited.
Hays: Circuitous route finally lands Nurse at Bowling Green

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
7/7

Rickea Jackson continues to shine at the Indy EYBL: 28 points, 11 rebounds

Hayley Jones had a stat-stuffing game: 7 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks

Geno has moved on to the USJN event which I believe is the other one in Louisville containing more of the known UConn targets.

Reaction Score

The New Haven Register Blogs: Elm City to Eagleville: New Connecticut Sun coach dishes on UConn's Kia Nurse

Here's the article.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom