OT: - July is a Great Month | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: July is a Great Month

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just a head's up for the board... in case any of you want to celebrate @RockyMTblue2

But tomorrow July 17th is

HOTDOGDAYWEB.jpg

Not sure if I will celebrate or not.... I need to do some yardwork... and downing 4 carolina style hot dogs and a cheerwine before cutting the yard in 95 degree weather.... something tells me that wouldnt be a good idea

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Just a head's up for the board... in case any of you want to celebrate @RockyMTblue2

But tomorrow July 17th is

View attachment 44832

Not sure if I will celebrate or not.... I need to do some yardwork... and downing 4 carolina style hot dogs and a cheerwine before cutting the yard in 95 degree weather.... something tells me that wouldnt be a good idea
Hot dog day comes but once per year. The yard, on the other hand, will be there mocking you forever. I suggest you enjoy the dogs and beverage, and live to mow another day. :D

Reaction Score

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I would be remiss on this day if I didn't try out a brand new food truck I've heard great things about here in Austin, called Dirty South Kitchen:

View attachment 44579
sorry, bud, but that thing looks like something my dogs ah, er, (how do I say this nicely?)
'return to sender' just before they start eating grass like a cow with a bad case of the munchies. it almost crushed my excitement and appetite for National Hot Dog Day. almost.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Well, before I go, just know that if you’ve been eating Cheerios all these years then your body contains glow-in-the-dark levels of Roundup (Nature Valley grainola bars too, but don’t get me started...)

well, before I go, just know that 'It's Raining Plastic!' Scientists Detect Microscopic Fibers in Rain | PSI Intl
u gonna need a bigger umbrella. got any doritos? nacho cheese? luv them with that spray cheese stuff on it. dang, now im hungry. again.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Imma vent a little bit. Went to one of the go-to hot dog spots in town...... and low and behold they have flyers on the counter saying they are celebrating national hot dog day.. and all hot dogs are $1.50. I was like cool.... and ordered 4 all the way. Cashier rang up my order and said 8.50.... I was like... what about this special. Young lady replied... thats tomorrow... the 18th. I was like

tenor (4).gif

second part of the rant.... for years.... probably since the 50's (i wasnt around since then) this place wrapped the hot dogs in that paper wrapper....but they switched to a styrofoam containers since ive been there last. Anyway... the new employee stacked them wrong in the bag... and when i got home... and opened up the containers..... the condiments (chili, slaw, mustard, and onions) had slid to one side of the hot dog.... leaving the other half scantily clad Head bang The key to condiments is balance :mad:

That is an awfully tempting looking dog @triaddukefan . More onions!

I concur.... onions are the most underrated vegetable ever.

This is a great thread. Only one problem: It makes me hungry!!!!

I make myself hungry making these threads :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@HuskyNan , @Biff , @JS . I call for this member's immediate banishment.

I was gonna say that's a bit harsh... until he posted this

Well, before I go, just know that if you’ve been eating Cheerios all these years then your body contains glow-in-the-dark levels of Roundup (Nature Valley grainola bars too, but don’t get me started...)

considering I went to the store this afternoon, and bought a box of Honey Nut Cheerios....... :oops:

Yeah... he might need a vacation from posting

camby.gif

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but YELLOW just doesn't cut the mustard. Brown is the toast of the town!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
One last update for the month...... sadly its coming to an end.

Tomorrow July 29 is both National Lasagna Day and National Chicken Wing Day. Buffalo Wild Wings, East Coast Grill, Wingstop, and Hooters are among national franchises that are having specials on wings. For Lasagna... Carraba's, Brio Tuscan Grille, and Bravo Cucina Italiana are among the restaurant chains offering deals.
giphy.gif

Its also National Lipstick Day.... so let your Wife, Girlfriend, Side Chick, or Baby Mama know. If you have all four of those then :confused::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Tuesday is National Cheesecake Day. I know the Cheesecake Factory is doing a special that day.... perhaps a local dessert place might as well.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is there a single day left on the calendar that isn't National "something" Day?

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Tuesday is National Cheesecake Day. I know the Cheesecake Factory is doing a special that day.... perhaps a local dessert place might as well.

These folks make a wicked cheescake with Maine maple syrup on it. Let me know if you are planning to be in the neighborhood, and we can talk WCBB while enjoying a slice, or two, or....

Of course, if you're not in a hurry, it's best to start with some Pemiquid oysters, chowdah, some haddock, just to work up a good appetite for dessert.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Actually, I've always had a sweet tooth where Disodium Inosinate is concerned.
Twice the sodium, twice the fun!

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Mmmmmm...lasagna. And cheesecake.

I think I know what I'm having for dinner tomorrow night :D
Lasagna cheesecake?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
These folks make a wicked cheescake with Maine maple syrup on it. Let me know if you are planning to be in the neighborhood, and we can talk WCBB while enjoying a slice, or two, or....

Of course, if you're not in a hurry, it's best to start with some Pemiquid oysters, chowdah, some haddock, just to work up a good appetite for dessert.

View attachment 45172

1) I've wanted to visit Maine for awhile..

2) Ive never knew that Maine was a big maple producer...

3) That maple syrup on cheesecake is intriguing
39.gif

4) Now I have a taste for pancakes :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If there isn’t I’m sure Triad will make one up. Such a foodie!!!

The ones I would add would be National Soulvaki Day, and National Pimento Cheese Day. Though Im not sure that pimento cheese is an item that is enjoyed outside the south. I could be wrong though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom