July 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

July 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey following the viral sensation Zailia Avant-garde, the 8th grader who just won the national spelling bee and plays basketball pretty well too. I don't know if that is a human interest thing or a basketball interest thing.

CD has also begun following Ciera Toomey's mother. Morgan Valley had been following her mom for a while but now CD is as well.
The only following I want to see is Ciera following Brady and Patterson right into the UConn front court.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Yes, I agree. I phrased it wrong, I should have said I’d take her as insurance against not getting either of the other two. I think the versatility of those four you list would negate the need for a 6-5 or so, possibly less mobile post. The high-low possibilities of those four would be ridiculous.
Did you already forget about Amari DeBerry?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I bet she wants to play for Geno. I’m assuming of course. Is there UConn interest?
F/C Ciera Toomey
Dunmore High School (Pennsylvania)
espnW rating: Four+ stars

Could Toomey be the best kept secret in her class? She has all the skills at 6-foot-4, including a serious stroke from the 3. She passes well, has a nice high release on her shot and runs the floor well. She blocks shots with an enthusiasm that gets the opponents' attention. She is not a traditional center, but has some post game as well.

She averaged 15.3 points on 68% shooting from the floor and 45% from beyond the arc, but her confidence and intangible qualities make her a leader many schools will covet. Toomey currently holds offers from Villanova, St. John's, Penn State, Ohio State, Pitt, Boston College and West Virginia, among others.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
she's not gonna committee to uconn ,she said in her live yesterday not uconn and not Nd
This seems to contradict what you posted yesterday.
kk bransford in her live now ,I asked her if she's gonna be a uconn huskies her friend said no she's not and o another say ND she say no but e ignore the question about Louisville
BTW it is not appropriate to be contacting these recruits regarding thier interest in attending UCONN.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Cunningham vs. Del Rosario matchup:

Unfortunately this reminds me why I hate AAU basketball, screaming emotional parents, poor coaching and most unfortunate a team featuring a pair of 6'4-5" players and absolutely no commitment on the part of the guards to get these players the basketball. Unbelievable! In fairness though Cunningham and Del Rosario need to be out here demanding the basketball.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately this reminds me why I hate AAU basketball, screaming emotional parents, poor coaching and most unfortunate a team featuring a pair of 6'4-5" players and absolutely no commitment on the part of the guards to get these players the basketball. Unbelievable! In fairness though Cunningham and Del Rosario need to be out here demanding the basketball.
Agree 100%. And not surprisingly those guards are often the coach’s kid.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Nice footwork for a big away from the basket. Looks unrehearsed.
Did you really mean "unrehearsed"? @BobbyJ @Sluconn Husky and a few others have been marveling at Ice's footwork for two years now. Who ever taught her needs to get promoted ASAP. Kids just don't come into the gym with that kind of footwork. Extremely few of them leave the gym like than even after putting hundreds of hours rehearsing. Morgan Tuck was the last to come to UCONN with that kind of footwork.

Reaction Score
Did you really mean "unrehearsed"? @BobbyJ @Sluconn Husky and a few others have been marveling at Ice's footwork for two years now. Who ever taught her needs to get promoted ASAP. Kids just don't come into the gym with that kind of footwork. Extremely few of them leave the gym like than even after putting hundreds of hours rehearsing. Morgan Tuck was the last to come to UCONN with that kind of footwork.
Tuck was a thief who slid around through side and back doors. Brady comes through and takes down the front door. When she's not killing you from the perimeter.

Reaction Score
yea...like she was born doing it...like breathing. Some players you can see thinking about their feet...before and/or during the movement. Or they do the same thing...over and over again ...from the same spots on the floor. Her foot work is just fluid. I guess I'm inferring that most of it isn't actually taught as much as it is instinctive....which is why I think she's only in hs with great footwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom