July 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

July 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Carnac phrased it well when referring to the "Dungees," plural. While UConn had a tenacious, high energy team last year that played the lanes well, we had difficulty in several games keeping up with Dungee and others with super quick offensive skills. Would be great to have Huskies with the defensive skills to slow down these types of guards.
Don't forget 5'6" pg Lauren Park-Lane form Seton Hall. She burned us for 29 points in December of last year. I like her by the way. :)

I'd like to see the TEAM not give up more than 25 points to ANY player the entire year (no career highs). I realize some players are going to have good days against us. There shouldn't be too many. We should be able to "slow-down" anyone even if we can't stop them. I'm hoping NOT to see a performance like this from any of our opponents this year.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Don't forget 5'6" pg Lauren Park-Lane form Seton Hall. She burned us for 29 points in December of last year. I like her by the way. :)

I'd like to see the TEAM not give up more than 25 points to ANY player the entire year (no career highs). I realize some players are going to have good days against us. There shouldn't be too many. We should be able to "slow-down" anyone even if we can't stop them. I'm hoping NOT to see a performance like this from any of our opponents this year.

She seemed to have career games against UConn (and then not so much against other teams). We did clamp down on her in the 2nd half (and in particular the 3Q) when Paige really announced herself to the world.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but ‘24 guard Mikayla Blakes is apparently receiving interest from UConn:
Has offers from South Carolina, Maryland, Florida State, and others.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not sure if this was already mentioned, but ‘24 guard Mikayla Blakes is apparently receiving interest from UConn:

Southwestern Pennsylvania is well represented among her "offers and interest" with Pitt and Robert Morris! I actually think Robert Morris is the better program of the two. Should think twice about advertising an offer from Pitt.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thanks DaBball. There are a lot of us that are always interested in UConn players of interest, but just can’t keep up with the daily grind. I can’t spend that much time on the BY these days. We depend on those of you who can to keep us posted.

Reaction Score
Did Seton Hall beat us last year? Dungee played out of her mind, along with a lot of dramatics.

Reaction Score
Thanks to Stoli for finding this Nike Nationals All-Event Awards list. Numerous UConn targets and POI.

Can anyone explain what the adjusted vs unadjusted stats mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom