July 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 19 | The Boneyard

July 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You can watch Madison Booker and Kiki Rice in separate games from Sunday here. Booker's game starts around 20:00 and she's #35 in blue. Rice's Fairfax game starts around 4:57:00 and Rice is #7 in maroon.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is that Saylor in the UConn shirt in the picture?
I do not think it is Saylor, It was on the twitter page of Molly Stock who is a player for Homestead (?)

Reaction Score
It’s Saylor and I think he knew that before asking the question.
Yes she is Saylor.

1627254179755.png

Reaction Score
i didn't think it's Saylor. So I enlarged both pictures and compared them and yup it's Saylor. but her face is thinner indicating that she might have been working out at bit.
And highlights in the hair.

Reaction Score
Some Ayanna Patterson stats from her three Adidas games:

12.7 PPG (37.1 FG%, 40.0 3FG%, 47.6 FT%), 9.3 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.0 BPG

Reaction Score
You can watch Madison Booker and Kiki Rice in separate games from Sunday here. Booker's game starts around 20:00 and she's #35 in blue. Rice's Fairfax game starts around 4:57:00 and Rice is #7 in maroon.

Watched Booker's game. For an incoming JR. her skills and instincts are just ridiculous. Would love to see her play when surrounded by some talent. Like at UConn. Check out the spin move and left hand bucket around 2:25 left in game and the come from behind block around 1:35 left. I'll call her El Gato Grande.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think having 5 scoring options keeps the defense honest and prevents double-teaming, but maybe the best lineup I've seen--as measured by many scoring runs--was Stef, Stewie, Kiah, Moriah, and Kaleena. We went on scoring runs because Kiah stopped inside scoring by blocking or altering shots and/or grabbing nearly every defensive rebound. Kiah was not much of a scoring threat, but she was great on the defensive end.

Thank you Milford. You understood the thought I was trying to make. How quickly some of these folks forget. Kiah Stokes was never an offensive threat, yet Geno played her regularly. Kiah was a force on defense, and did things no one else on the roster could do. She helped us win a lot of games. The team seldom suffered with her on the floor.

If some of our fellow yarders aren’t big on players being able to play defense, it‘s their prerogative. I was not talking about a Kiah Stokes type player, but a player that would and could play defense better than most, as well as be an offensive threat.

A Gabby Williams or a Kia Nurse for example. Both could keep their man in front of them. They would sometimes be assigned to guard the opponent’s leading scorer. They were also very potent on the other end of the court as well.

I’ll say it again….if I have a choice between 3 players, with equal offensive skills, I want the one that plays the best defense. If you want/expect to win games and go deep into the tournament, you’ve got to be able to make some stops along the way. Former Laker head coach and current Miami Heat general manager Pat Riley said on more than one occasion “no rebounds, no rings.”

I remember some of the negative comments posted here after the two losses. I don’t remember reading any that suggested “that’s the way it goes sometimes.“ There is not a lot of effective defense played in a game you give up 90 points, or a game you lose by double digits.

I’m like former NFL Chicago Bears linebacker and later head coach Mike Singletary who said “I want winners.” Winners play defense!! Not some of the time, or most of the time, but ALL THE TIME.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger