July 2021 Recruiting Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

July 2021 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was watching video of Britt Prince. Had no idea she was a freshman. Thought going into her junior or senior season. She looked taller than 5'11". Lots of excellent passing and shooting. Quick hands on defense. Also, with the blonde hair thought she was a Cali girl. She's from Nebraska. Can't get much different between Nebraska and California.

Reaction Score
Was watching video of Britt Prince. Had no idea she was a freshman. Thought going into her junior or senior season. She looked taller than 5'11". Lots of excellent passing and shooting. Quick hands on defense. Also, with the blonde hair thought she was a Cali girl. She's from Nebraska. Can't get much different between Nebraska and California.
I believe she already has a handful of offers. What’s your opinion on offering HS freshmen?

Reaction Score
Would love to see a clone of Mo Jefferson get recruited. UConn will have a wealth of riches for many years and while we have some great high intensity players like Muhl, there is no lock down guard on the roster. Seems like its the teams that have super quick, good shooting guards that give us trouble.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

This was an absolutely sick highlight package for Toomey and she picked a great time to do it in front of CD. It was all there: rebounding in traffic, finishing through contact at the basket, kick out from the double team, turn around fade from the baseline, catch and shoot deep ball, rhythm dribble to get separation at the top of the before splashing the deep ball.
I with you @Mdoggie UCONN should offer. I'm predicting Toomey makes a run at #1 overall in the class before it's all said and done.

Reaction Score
This was an absolutely sick highlight package for Toomey and she picked a great time to do it in front of CD. It was all there: rebounding in traffic, finishing through contact at the basket, kick out from the double team, turn around fade from the baseline, catch and shoot deep ball, rhythm dribble to get separation at the top of the before splashing the deep ball.
I with you @Mdoggie UCONN should offer. I'm predicting Toomey makes a run at #1 overall in the class before it's all said and done.
Seems like a no brainer.........In this case I think Geno simply like the visuals of the build up, watching her a few times in person before the offer comes........

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Every year, it seems like there’s a new reason to be excited and anxious about the next year’s recruits. This time last year, we could not wait for the season to begin so that we could watch Paige and her class of freshmen perform.

This year, everyone wants to see Azzi Fudd. We want to see her and Paige on the floor together. We want see the senior version of Christyn Williams. Can she carryover her play from March? What’s ONO and Edwards going to do? I‘m very interested in watching Evina play pain and injury free for the first time in 3 years.

I’m ready to bypass August, September, and October, and go straight to November. I think the coming season will be one we’ll remember for a long time. I see greatness in this team. #nodaysoff.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She only gets 8 shots! Unless this game was over in the first quarter, fire the coach! I know you want to spread the ball around but that is ridiculous. I wonder how many of the 8 shots were offensive rebounds. The only way that kid only gets 8 shots is if the guards are named, Paige, Caitlyn, and Azzi.
NEPA Elite is coached by Ciera's mom. Who herself was a college all-american, and played in England. Ciera's sister is currently a D1 player, and Elite is loaded with talent. Two D1 commits and every player on that team is going to play college bball. They are taught to play as a team. Blowout win. C was comfortable with 8 shots!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
NEPA Elite is coached by Ciera's mom. Who herself was a college all-american, and played in England. Ciera's sister is currently a D1 player, and Elite is loaded with talent. Two D1 commits and every player on that team is going to play college bball. They are taught to play as a team. Blowout win. C was comfortable with 8 shots!
You answered my point. Blow out win. that's fine.

Reaction Score
Would love to see a clone of Mo Jefferson get recruited. UConn will have a wealth of riches for many years and while we have some great high intensity players like Muhl, there is no lock down guard on the roster. Seems like its the teams that have super quick, good shooting guards that give us trouble.
I’ve heard some say that Fulwiley is a speed demon and a lock down defensive presence. Unsure if UConn is interested though. Arnold is another who supposedly is very fast.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

LBI Event Recap: Nike Nationals Day 1

2025 Aaliyah Chavez PG CY Fair 16U EYBL
Aaliyah is a young, smart PG with a sick handle and a nice J. She has major playmaker skills and has the ability to get wherever she wants on the floor. Chavez plays with a nice swag that separates her from most guards her age. Stay tuned…… she is the next big thing out of Texas.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
2025 Aaliyah Chavez PG CY Fair 16U EYBL
Aaliyah is a young, smart PG with a sick handle and a nice J. She has major playmaker skills and has the ability to get wherever she wants on the floor. Chavez plays with a nice swag that separates her from most guards her age. Stay tuned…… she is the next big thing out of Texas.

Chavez will be a freshman at Lubbock Monterey HS. Apparently she already has offers from Louisville, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, SMU, Kansas State.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I like speed and defense. If I have to choose between the two for the next few years, I’d choose defense. We have enough players that can score, and more on the way. We need a “lock-down“ defender, a stopper that can make the top scorer on an opponent’s team disappear. That makes for a balanced team.

It would keep the “Chelsea Dungees“ of WCBB from beating us. Dungee scored 38 to help Arkansas beat us 90-87.

Dungee was averaging 22 ppg at the time. If UConn could have held her to her average, they would have won by 13. Unfortunately no one was able to put her in check, thus she scored at will.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69