July 2020 UCONN recruiting thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

July 2020 UCONN recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Proximity to home, recently her and her parents changed AAU teams and her parents now run an UA sponsored team(Maryland is UA's marquis school), Kevin Plank the founder of UA went to the same HS as Fudd and then graduated from Maryland, and the fact that Fudd has been seen numerous times with Maryland gear on(not a big deal by itself, but added to the other facts it's intriguing). Just a hunch, but I also think she wants to go somewhere where she will be hands down the #1 option, that is just not happening at UConn. I'm not saying that she is selfish or a glory hog, just that she wants to run the show.
Don’t think there’s enough there to pass up playing for championships, being prepared properly to be a pro, playing with her best friend, or to have to listen to Frese. As for being a #1 option, I tend to think she has a more realistic understanding of her abilities than that. She looks totally team oriented to me and seems smart enough to know that the best TEAMS don’t worry about #1 options. We’ll see.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna respect Soxfan23s opinion but only on where he/she believes the recruit made end up. I made a prediction awhile back. We shall see. I was wrong about Sam and right about Paige. 1 and 1 thus far.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

If she who shall not be named does not come to UConn, and some here don't think she will (I don't like that kind of talk :mad:), I hope Kiki Iriafen does. She would be a HUGE get for UConn, and would contribute immediately. She's "can't miss" where ever she goes. I would hate it if "you know who" chose not to come here, but in the alternative, I'd be ELATED for Kiki to commit to UConn. To be honest, I'm like JordyG, I'm greedy. I want them BOTH!!! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If she who shall not be named does not come to UConn, and some here don't think she will (I don't like that kind of talk :mad:), I hope Kiki Iriafen does. She would be a HUGE get for UConn, and would contribute immediately. She's "can't miss" where ever she goes. I would hate it if "you know who" chose not to come here, but in the alternative, I'd be ELATED for Kiki to commit to UConn. To be honest, I'm like JordyG, I'm greedy. I want them BOTH!!! ;)
I've been touting this kid for two years. She'd be tremendous at UConn but I've also had the feeling for quite a while that she won't leave California. Sure as hell hope I'm wrong.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Kiki appears to be a heavy Stanford lean. I’m hoping for a very pleasant surprise.
I think the surprise would be more than pleasant, at least for me. Almost a shock, based on some comments on her being a Stanford lean.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I've been touting this kid for two years. She'd be tremendous at UConn but I've also had the feeling for quite a while that she won't leave California. Sure as hell hope I'm wrong.

I think you’re right. Cori Close HC at UCLA has dibs on her. To recap her final 5, Baylor, Stanford, Notre Dame, UConn and UCLA. I think Iriafen is headed to Westwood. Stays home, family and friends continue to see her play In all home games.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Believe me sir, your touting has not fallen on deaf ears.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hopkins vs Chaska - Dec 27, 2019

An early senior season game for Paige Bueckers who showed off her post-up game multiple times. Also watch for the change-of-direction move resulting in a scoop layup in the second half.

Paige ended up with 28 points on 11-19 from the field and 6-7 from the line.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I think you’re right. Cori Close HC at UCLA has dibs on her. To recap her final 5, Baylor, Stanford, Notre Dame, UConn and UCLA. I think Iriafen is headed to Westwood. Stays home, family and friends continue to see her play In all home games.
FWIW, newly appointed Stanford assistant coach Britney Anderson tweeted the following:

Folks on our board who tend to have a bit more insider knowledge about our WCBB team have interpreted this as a likely commitment that will be announced at the end of the month. Unclear if that's Iriafen or someone else, but just an FYI. Note that we have one spot left for CO 2021, so assuming this is a 21 recruit, that would close out our recruiting class.

Maybe the recruiting hive mind here can provide further insights on what this is likely to mean?

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
FWIW, newly appointed Stanford assistant coach Britney Anderson tweeted the following:

Folks on our board who tend to have a bit more insider knowledge about our WCBB team have interpreted this as a likely commitment that will be announced at the end of the month. Unclear if that's Iriafen or someone else, but just an FYI. Note that we have one spot left for CO 2021, so assuming this is a 21 recruit, that would close out our recruiting class.

Maybe the recruiting hive mind here can provide further insights on what this is likely to mean?

Are there any other Stanford recruits who could equate to a Christmas present?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Stanford...

Carnac

Reaction Score

It could be interpreted that way. A BIG announcement coming concerning a "major" highly rated, highly coveted recruit. I hope it's not a recruit UConn is hoping to land. What a downer THAT would be.

This is a "tease" coming out of Stanford that you never see/hear from UConn. Some folks just can't contain themselves. Now we can spend the next 11 days trying to figure out who is at the center of this Christmas Day celebration at Palo Alto. :confused:

Reaction Score
It could be interpreted that way. A BIG announcement coming concerning a "major" highly rated, highly coveted recruit. I hope it's not a recruit UConn is hoping to land. What a downer THAT would be.

This is a "tease" coming out of Stanford that you never see/hear from UConn. Some folks just can't contain themselves. Now we can spend the next 11 days trying to figure out who is at the center of this Christmas Day celebration at Palo Alto. :confused:
I believe Iriafen would be the only '21 recruit left for Stanford that would be considered a major announcement. She's the only one of the top 4 bigs not committed yet.

Reaction Score
I believe Iriafen would be the only '21 recruit left for Stanford that would be considered a major announcement. She's the only one of the top 4 bigs not committed yet.

Christmas might mean more than 1 verbal. They offered Rayah Marshall and a PG from Mater Dei also.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
FWIW, this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this, and it's from a coach very (as in not even two months) new to the job, so I'll be curious to see if this Dawn-style tease was a one-off or part of a new recruiting approach. Tara, at least, is at least as old school as Geno when it comes to this stuff, which is part of why we're not quite sure what to make of it.

Reaction Score
FWIW, this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this, and it's from a coach very (as in not even two months) new to the job, so I'll be curious to see if this Dawn-style tease was a one-off or part of a new recruiting approach. Tara, at least, is at least as old school as Geno when it comes to this stuff, which is part of why we're not quite sure what to make of it.
Do you know how many more kids Stanford can take in this class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom