OT: - Judge ties Maris | The Boneyard

OT: Judge ties Maris

Which team's NIL funds will be hurt the most?

• Total voters

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Judge just homered with Hicks on base to give the Yanks a 5-3 lead over the Blue Jays.

Naturally, sponsors will throw still more money at Judge, diminishing funds available for NIL deals. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've been a Yankee fan for 72 years.I'm the poster that's 89 years old. I grew up in New Jersey and watched the Yankees on Channel11 on TV. I saw their glory years under Casey Stengel. I saw them all Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra Mickey Mantle, Allie Reynolds, Whitey Ford. Vic Raschi, my all time favorite, Derek Jeter. Phil Rizzuto and all the other greats. They are to baseball what UCONN is to women's basketball. The best,the cream of crop, the team everyone else tries to emulate. GO YANKEES. GO ARRON JUDGE,GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
I've been a Yankee fan for 72 years.I'm the poster that's 89 years old. I grew up in New Jersey and watched the Yankees on Channel11 on TV. I saw their glory years under Casey Stengel. I saw them all Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra Mickey Mantle, Allie Reynolds, Whitey Ford. Vic Raschi, my all time favorite, Derek Jeter. Phil Rizzuto and all the other greats. They are to baseball what UCONN is to women's basketball. The best,the cream of crop, the team everyone else tries to emulate. GO YANKEES. GO ARRON JUDGE,GO HUSKIES!!!

I'm just a baby. Born the same year you became a Yankee fan so I missed a few of the players you named. You may enjoy complete game rebroadcasts of the 1951 world series games 6 and 7, Yanks vs Dodgers on Youtube. It's a who's who of HOF players. And you get to hear the melodic voice of Mel Allen too.
I remember 1961 and how the NY media rooted for Mantle and made life tough for Maris until Mantle got hurt and missed games.

Reaction Score
I'm just a baby. Born the same year you became a Yankee fan so I missed a few of the players you named. You may enjoy complete game rebroadcasts of the 1951 world series games 6 and 7, Yanks vs Dodgers on Youtube. It's a who's who of HOF players. And you get to hear the melodic voice of Mel Allen too.
I remember 1961 and how the NY media rooted for Mantle and made life tough for Maris until Mantle got hurt and missed games.
Their rivalry between the Brooklyn Dodgers is famous. Their World Series games were for me, the best at that time because they couldn't beat us. BUT, my favorite team was the 1998 team that won 125 games that year. 114 regular season games and 11 play-off games with the World Series. To me they were the best Yankee team.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just saw the replay. A Toronto fan missed the HR ball by less than 2 feet. Of course, may have been surrounded by the Mounties

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
In this day and age IMO class cannot be overrated. I'm a Met fan, but Judge is a more stand up guy than 3/4 of all the players in sports. A more deserving fellow can't be found anywhere. I shudder to think what his numbers would have been if allowed androstenedione or HGH like McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds. Like Babe Ruth this guy did it pretty much on the occasional beer and hotdogs.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
dang, u amped. ok, let's do this for you.

ain't nuthin in sports like when the bombers are charging to a title loaded with all stars and a home run king. nothing. broadway for the folks across the land. yankees universe. big fun.

been going on for over a century.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I saw Maris hit #61 on WPIX channel 11 in NYC. I was 10 years old. Tonight, 61 years later I watch the replay of #61 for Judge. This is a moment I will remember as a life long Yankee fan.

Judge is a class act and humble. His post game interview was so amazing. He is all about the team and not individual stats or honors.

The pics/ videos of Roger Jr. and Aaron's mother are priceless. Roger's presence honors his father's legacy and place in Yankee baseball and baseball history.

Kudos to the Jays fans.

Now I have to get a Judge jersey for my collection.

Reaction Score
They are making too big of a deal about this. He's not making history. 61 home runs in a season puts you in 7th place for most home runs in a season.

Reaction Score
For me, he has tied the REAL untainted HR record, not just for the AL, but baseball.

If I am him, go for 62 and then just for hits after that in a bid to get the BA up and capture the triple crown. 62 HR triple crown winner would be legendary. He could basically name his price moving forward for pay.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It is fortunate he is in the AL and the Yankees. Not sure how intense this would be covered if he was a Non Yankee in the NL

Reaction Score
They are making too big of a deal about this. He's not making history. 61 home runs in a season puts you in 7th place for most home runs in a season.
oldude underestimated the amount of fans that would disagree with you. It would be like 50-60 million fans. The record that counts is the one where NO illegal substances are involved. Pure ability.

Reaction Score
Is that correct that you were 17 when you starting rooting for the Yankees? Who did you root for before that? I grew up in North Jersey, rooting for the Dodgers, on channel 9, since I was 8; that's 73 years. Where did you grow up in NJ?

Reaction Score
Their rivalry between the Brooklyn Dodgers is famous. Their World Series games were for me, the best at that time because they couldn't beat us. BUT, my favorite team was the 1998 team that won 125 games that year. 114 regular season games and 11 play-off games with the World Series. To me they were the best Yankee team.
Well, there was 1955.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Considering the fact that 1) He's tied for the most in American League history and 2) Everyone above him was jacked on steroids or HGH and some people have been calling for those above him to be removed from the record books I'd say yeah, Judge's performance is a pretty big deal..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom