JUDGE DID IT! (Merged thread) | The Boneyard

JUDGE DID IT! (Merged thread)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Unlike #61 when a Toronto fan had it in his glove and dropped the ball, and potentially a $1,000,000 or so, a fan in Texas caught #62 on the fly. I’m sure negotiations are ongoing. :cool:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I said it before, he is as deserving a player as I seen. Gentleman Judge. Now for the Triple Crown.
The triple crown may come down to what Luis Arraez does. Judge is at .311 right now. Boone took him out of the game after his 2nd at bat. It remains to be seen if he’s in the lineup for the last game of the season tomorrow. Arraez is at .315 and is 0-1 tonight. Unfortunately, with the Twins out of it, I suspect they’ll pull Arraez if he’s in danger of falling behind Judge in the batting race.

Reaction Score
Congrats to the Judge he won’t win the triple crown oh we’ll just get ready for the playoffs. Judge is no doubt the mvp there’s no argument.
In terms of having the most value to his team, a certain Angel's player might have an argument.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In terms of having the most value to his team, a certain Angel's player might have an argument.

He won't get past the fact that LA is 73-88. And I think I heard he signed a 1 year contract to stay with the angels :confused:

Reaction Score
Judge has carried the Yankees since the All Star break. He's the only regular player on the team hitting over .300, by a wide margin. Ohtani is an exceptional pitcher and hitter, but he is not the best at either. Judge is arguably the best hitter and one of the better outfielders in the American League, maybe in all of baseball. While Judge is not a better pitcher than Ohtani, I'm quite certain he is a better outfielder and thta should count for something. I had this thought, that if Mike Trout had Judge's year, Angels fans and sportswriters would probably be falling all over themselves to anoint him the MVP this year over Ohtani. If Judge isn't the MVP this year, they might as well just name it the Ohtani Award and give it to him every year until he retires. I don't think a player could do much more than Judge did this year to earn MVP. The Yankees are 99-62 as I write this. The Angels record is pathetic. In the words of Michael Kay, "case closed".

Reaction Score
Judge has carried the Yankees since the All Star break. He's the only regular player on the team hitting over .300, by a wide margin. Ohtani is an exceptional pitcher and hitter, but he is not the best at either. Judge is arguably the best hitter and one of the better outfielders in the American League, maybe in all of baseball. While Judge is not a better pitcher than Ohtani, I'm quite certain he is a better outfielder and thta should count for something. I had this thought, that if Mike Trout had Judge's year, Angels fans and sportswriters would probably be falling all over themselves to anoint him the MVP this year over Ohtani. If Judge isn't the MVP this year, they might as well just name it the Ohtani Award and give it to him every year until he retires. I don't think a player could do much more than Judge did this year to earn MVP. The Yankees are 99-62 as I write this. The Angels record is pathetic. In the words of Michael Kay, "case closed".
In my mind Judge winning the MVP is a no-brainer. He leads all hitters in the A.L. in some 12 categories. The Yankees don't come close to sniffing 90 wins without him, perhaps even 80. It's a shame Boone bats him 1st. Yes, I realize that if he hit 3rd he'd have a few less ABs but by hitting 1st, Boone has probably deprived him of another 25 Ribbies. But don't get me started on Aaron Boone as a manager. Stupid, stupid decisions all year long. I hope they decide to go in a "different direction".

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I have been a Yankee fan since I first knew there was a game called Baseball. But I’ll try to be objective about this. Ohtani is a “unicorn.” No one in baseball does what he does, pitching and hitting at a very high level. Last year, when Ohtani won the MVP over Vlad Guerrero Jr, who had a fantastic year at the plate, a precedent was set. Neither the best pitcher (Robby Ray) nor the best position player (Guerrero Jr) won the MVP. The guy that did the most stuff, albeit at a very high level, won the MVP.

If Ohtani were to win the award this year, on a losing team, in the face of one of the greatest seasons in baseball history by Aaron Judge, MLB might as well just award Ohtani the MVP for the next 10-12 seasons. I sincerely hope Judge wins the MVP this season. If not, then MLB definitely has a Shohei Ohtani problem.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What would YOU do with Aaron Judge’s record setting 62nd home run ball if you caught it and it was now your ball?

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I guess set up an Auction and get it out of my hands ASAP for $$, Maybe give the Yankees / Judge some form of home discount if they were serious in acquiring it. (Not a signed bat).

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
What would YOU do with Aaron Judge’s record setting 62nd home run ball if you caught it and it was your ball?
Film myself cutting it up into tiny tiny little pieces and then burn it. Then post the video online. I do hate the Yankees. :D

No, really I'd just give it back. No sentimental value to me.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What would YOU do with Aaron Judge’s record setting 62nd home run ball if you caught it and it was your ball?
The fan in me would like to give it to Judge in person. But my need of the thousands/millions of dollars that ball would bring at the auction table would override any thoughts of benevolence I may experience.

I’d sell it to the highest bidder, and donate 15% of the proceeds to a NYC Boys & Girls Club. I’d laugh, dance and sing all the way to the bank. :D I’d have a “new attitude” that Patti LaBelle sang about.

Last edited:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'd find out if Judge or the Yankees wanted it (for a reasonable, not ridiculous price. No, not a signed bat, but not absurd)

If they had no interest or no reasonable offer, then, yes, I'd (happily) take the money that an auction would produce.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I guess set up an Auction and get it out of my hands ASAP for $$, Maybe give the Yankees / Judge some form of home discount if they were serious in acquiring it. (Not a signed bat).
Don't forget to place a reserve on the ball.

What Is a Reserve Price? Common to auctions, a reserve price or a reservation price is the minimum amount that a seller will accept as the winning bid.

Reaction Score
Reserve auctions are not real auctions put it up for highest and snd let the chips fall where they may

Reaction Score
I have been a Yankee fan since I first knew there was a game called Baseball. But I’ll try to be objective about this. Ohtani is a “unicorn.” No one in baseball does what he does, pitching and hitting at a very high level. Last year, when Ohtani won the MVP over Vlad Guerrero Jr, who had a fantastic year at the plate, a precedent was set. Neither the best pitcher (Robby Ray) nor the best position player (Guerrero Jr) won the MVP. The guy that did the most stuff, albeit at a very high level, won the MVP.

If Ohtani were to win the award this year, on a losing team, in the face of one of the greatest seasons in baseball history by Aaron Judge, MLB might as well just award Ohtani the MVP for the next 10-12 seasons. I sincerely hope Judge wins the MVP this season. If not, then MLB definitely has a Shohei Ohtani problem.
No one has ever done what Ohtani does, except for "you know who". I think what he does continues to be under-appreciated by the baseball world. He is in a category all by himself.. That said, there's little doubt that Judge will be the MVP. It's refreshing to see a guy who plays the game the right way also be so very talented.

Reaction Score

Aaron Judge gives 61st home run ball to his mother.

Aaron was abandoned after he was born, and the "parents" in his mouth are actually his adoptive parents. When Aaron was 10 years old, he asked "parents" why he didn't look like them before he knew his real life experience.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No one has ever done what Ohtani does, except for "you know who". I think what he does continues to be under-appreciated by the baseball world. He is in a category all by himself.. That said, there's little doubt that Judge will be the MVP. It's refreshing to see a guy who plays the game the right way also be so very talented.
“You know who” never had the opportunity to DH like Ohtani. If you look at his early years in Boston, Ruth basically transitioned from pitcher to RF, with only a very little overlap when he did both.

Ruth’s rookie year was 1914, and he didn’t play a lot. From 1915 to 1917 Ruth had his best years as a pitcher, starting 32, 44 & 41 games respectively. During those years, Ruth played a handful of games in the field. But he was not a regular position player.

In 2018 & 2019 the Red Sox dramatically cut back Ruth’s pitching as he started only 20 & 17 games respectively, while playing far more games in the field. In 2018 Ruth lead the league in HR’s with 11. The following year Ruth set the single season HR record with the incredible total of 29.

In 2019 Ruth was traded to the Yankees, who ended his pitching career permanently, and the rest is history.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If he wants it, give it to him. Otherwise, auction it off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom