JUCO Emmanuel Ugboh | Page 2 | The Boneyard

JUCO Emmanuel Ugboh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
any word on Sy? I know it’s thought that they went to see him when visiting UCF, but was it....confirmed? Was he offered? He looks far better than Ugboh

Available JUCO bigs (top 100 ranking):
Khadim Sy 6’10” (3)
Wilfried Likayi 6’9” (12)
Adrean Johnson 6’10” (43)
Emmanuel Ugboh 6’10” (49)

Reaction Score
Oh no. Those rankings are so bad. Make high school rankings look like an exact science. I just Don’t think they have enough man power on this site to watch everyone. I’m sure a high major will take this dude as a roster filler. Hoping he can defend and rebound.
Oh no. Those rankings are so bad. Make high school rankings look like an exact science. I just Don’t think they have enough man power on this site to watch everyone. I’m sure a high major will take this dude as a roster filler. Hoping he can defend and rebound.

It is great knowing we have a JUCO coach here that can evaluate talent on the level you can. 11 of the top 50 on this list have committed to high majors. 13 have committed to good schools for a JUCO. Maybe you can tell us about the obvious omissions to the Top 100 list that next year at this time we all will be shaking our heads going "oh my they really missed that one!!"? You know give us that diamond in the rough JUCO player this list missed. If this list is SO bad we all can learn from you. Hope I can!

I mean hopefully Nate Oats knows what he is doing when recruiting JUCO kids to Buffalo since he only landed the #8/#27 prospects for 2019 on this horrible list. Maybe Oats doesn't considering this years team is only ranked #24 in KenPom with McRae #58 (jucorecruiting.com), Harris #2 (jucorecruiting.com), and Caruthers if he didn't sit out his Soph year @ Indian Hills would have been ranked Top 50.

This is what makes the BY so great. Another opportunity to learn from the best. A coach from a Top 25 JUCO team. Thanks in advance Burns. Please don't be a stranger. Your expertise makes it worth checking in more often. Thank you Sir Burnsbro. ;)

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
It is great knowing we have a JUCO coach here that can evaluate talent on the level you can. 11 of the top 50 on this list have committed to high majors. 13 have committed to good schools for a JUCO. Maybe you can tell us about the obvious omissions to the Top 100 list that next year at this time we all will be shaking our heads going "oh my they really missed that one!!"? You know give us that diamond in the rough JUCO player this list missed. If this list is SO bad we all can learn from you. Hope I can!

I mean hopefully Nate Oats knows what he is doing when recruiting JUCO kids to Buffalo since he only landed the #8/#27 prospects for 2019 on this horrible list. Maybe Oats doesn't considering this years team is only ranked #24 in KenPom with McRae #58 (jucorecruiting.com), Harris #2 (jucorecruiting.com), and Caruthers if he didn't sit out his Soph year @ Indian Hills would have been ranked Top 50.

This is what makes the BY so great. Another opportunity to learn from the best. A coach from a Top 25 JUCO team. Thanks in advance Burns. Please don't be a stranger. Your expertise makes it worth checking in more often. Thank you Sir Burnsbro. ;)

Come on BlueDogHouse, you're better than this. Burnsbros is a great poster.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I trust the staff to know what they are doing. He seems awfully David O like to me. Great body, not a great basketball player.

But the way Carlton has improved we are in need of a ten minute a game guy for D and rebounding. I’m not looking for more than 4 points per game from that spot.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Guess I’d rather spend 2 years on a player of this level than 4. Please improve Carlton.

Reaction Score
@Burnsbros23 my alma mater NMSU has had some success recruiting the juco ranks this past year. Did you coach against Ivan Aurrecoechea, Mohammed Thiam, or Trevelin Queen?

Reaction Score
Instead of everyone saying no and getting all negative lets trust that Hurley and staff know what their doing. Kenya I'm sure likes what he sees and can work with him to be a serviceable back up center.

I believe when Carlton is out we will see a 3 guard plus Polley and Akok or Sid and Akok.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Instead of everyone saying no and getting all negative lets trust that Hurley and staff know what their doing. Kenya I'm sure likes what he sees and can work with him to be a serviceable back up center.

I believe when Carlton is out we will see a 3 guard plus Polley and Akok or Sid and Akok.
Having Akok and a good center would be nice. Can’t fault us for wanting someone serviceable.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You also need someone to absorb fouls and play ridiculously hard for 5 minutes a game.

Let’s see where the chips fall.

Reaction Score
Having Akok and a good center would be nice. Can’t fault us for wanting someone serviceable.

I'm sure Hurley wouldn't offer someone who wouldn't be serviceable. My point was Ugboh would only need to give us 10 minutes a game because when Carlton is out we will go small alot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wondering if this is telling that DH is having some issues getting one of the HS big targets. If so, and they are looking at this guy, they must see something in him. Gotta trust their eyes at this point

Reaction Score
Capture.PNG some stiff competition.

Reaction Score
Putting aside the trappings of highlight tapes my impressions of this kid based on the tape is good. Very quick feet, aggressive strong moves to the basket with some nice rhythm and touch to his game. I like him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Things I like- Establishes a wide base when posting up. Even if he doesn't get the ball, he keeps a defender locked on him. You can run plays where his post up ability prevents switching or creates a big mismatch. That is good. Secondly, he appears to be able to make a move in the post to the basket without using his off-hand to hook the defender. Refs are real nowadays about calling a hook on the offensive player even if it's just the off-hand grazing a defender.

Everything else is unknown to me based on competition.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
We could use his size more than anything else. As long as he can dunk, and play adequate defense, he would help in order to give Calton a breather for 5-7 min. I agree that when carlton is out, we will go small with some combination of Gilbert, CV, Gaffney, Bouknight, Akok, Polley, Sid

Reaction Score
Would prefer a live body up front.. A Johnny Selvie type... Wasn't always in the right place but he made noise in the paint and in the open court on O...

Reaction Score
I'm certainly no expert, but it's hard to view his recruitment in a vacuum. We currently have one scholarship open, and many posters have said they think we'll have one or two additional scholarships available. Putting aside rumors about any individual players, it's not crazy that with a second-year coach there might be some movement. If we bring in three players besides Akok, Bouknight, and Gaffney, and Ugboh is the third best of those? I have no problem with that. If we get Precious and Ugboh? Fine by me. If Ugboh ends up being the best remaining recruit we bring in, then I'd be a little disappointed. We also have to hope that Hurley and his staff know more than we do about players.

Reaction Score
Kenya is recruiting him and has seen him multiple times, including the UCF trip. Trying to set up a visit.
Sy doesn't want to be a backup to anyone. If he goes to a top flight program as a backup and propsers I would be surprised. To much baggage. He never impressed me @ VT. The best spot on our roster next year would be as a serviceable backup to JC. Now SY IMO is an example as Burnsbro might say of an overinflated ranking.

Reaction Score
According to Verbal Commits, there were 878 transfers in D1 basketball last season. It might be worth holding onto 1 or 2 scholarships.

pj

Reaction Score
Having a Souleymane Wane or Charles Okwandu would be valuable. I assume that's Ugboh's upside.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma St and St. Louis too.

The Ole Miss offer is encouraging. Kermit Davis is a JUCO wizard and a good coach whom has always done more with less. He's got a good eye for these guys.

The last guy we stole from St. Louis has played 60 minutes total this year. Hoping we get some clarity on Tre Mitchell soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom