JStew practice highlights | The Boneyard

JStew practice highlights

Reaction Score
That alley oop reverse at the end was nasty.

He has a DEEP bag off the dribble. Probably showed 2% of it this year. I'm excited to see what he can do now that he's one of the big dogs

Reaction Score
I read an article that Jaylin is a player to watch in next year’s NBA draft. The only way that happens is if Dan starts him at the small forward spot, which would mean Liam would start at 2, Alex at 4 and whoever starts at pg and center. This lineup would be explosive, and tall, and filled with scorers. And since someone is going to say Liam can’t play the 2…remember that Liam is an NBA guard in the making.

Reaction Score
Love all that I see but the one that shoots out at me is taking it from the right wing at the basket blow by then using his body to keep Singare off, and the finish. If it’s a big leap watch out. It’s only practice but that’s a much more confident kid!

Reaction Score
I believe J Stew will be a first round pick in the 2025 draft. Kids gonna be great.
Another take I had from the video is Liam has a long ways to go on the defensive end. He’s going to be coached in ways he never imagined.

Reaction Score
I read an article that Jaylin is a player to watch in next year’s NBA draft. The only way that happens is if Dan starts him at the small forward spot, which would mean Liam would start at 2, Alex at 4 and whoever starts at pg and center. This lineup would be explosive, and tall, and filled with scorers. And since someone is going to say Liam can’t play the 2…remember that Liam is an NBA guard in the making.

I suspect Hass or Stewart will come off the bench depending on if McNeeley can play the 2. Whoever does sit is immediately 6MOY frontrunner.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I haven’t been this pumped for a practice video since the one of Akok doing a spin move around Josh Carlton for a dunk after his injury. Okay maybe there have been a few since then…

Reaction Score
This kid could very well drop 15 pts/game for us this year. I wish he had a little bit more spin on his jump shot. It's got a bit of a Rashad knuckle ball to it, but if it works, it works.

Reaction Score
I agree, most of boneyard wants to give solo 2. Jaylin is much better at this point

Reaction Score
I’ve been saying it for a while but I think you are going to see a lot of Alex, Stewie and Liam on the court together . Liam playing the 2 and Alex at the 5 at times . Just my opinion

Reaction Score
I suspect Hass or Stewart will come off the bench depending on if McNeeley can play the 2. Whoever does sit is immediately 6MOY frontrunner.

Who’s more suited to play the 2, stew or Liam? Some People question stews ball handling but I don’t and As you said he has a deep bag off the dribble.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Stewart had a deep bag in high school, I remember people wondering how he’d adjust to a less iso heavy system early on. Now he’s learned how important it is to hunt good shots, and hopefully can use those handles to get them more consistently.

I think the bigger question might be, can he create off the dribble for others, not just to get his own looks? To be the “second” ball handler in our offense, you need that ability. Someone of Mahaneys caliber is probably good enough for that role. If we wish to play Mahaney at the point, someone needs to step into that complimentary playmaking role.

Reaction Score
Love all that I see but the one that shoots out at me is taking it from the right wing at the basket blow by then using his body to keep Singare off, and the finish. If it’s a big leap watch out. It’s only practice but that’s a much more confident kid!
I remember last season in the first game i saw him come in off the bench i said he looks like a future lottery pick and fairly people thought i was jumping the gun a bit but i bought in. He was physically built far better than i thought he`d be and the thing that stood out immediately is the way he moved around the court he just moved like a pro. I expect a big jump from him this season and have no doubt he will start day one. If we werent so loaded id be expecting him to put up 15/6 per game. I think itll be around 12/5. In fact i dont think anyone will average more than 16. Too many guys who can score on this team. I mean come on Solo Ball is a big time talent whos also going to take a big step this season.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Stew's footwork is so good. Crafty dribble and a whole bag of moves he can go to get his shot up. Someone mentioned earlier that he now knows how to hunt better shots and I couldn't agree more. His game is going to flourish in a really impressive way. Last season he knew he essentially could not put a foot wrong on the court if he wanted to keep getting opportunities. He had to focus on hustle and effort, hyper focusing on being in all the right spots on both ends of the court for fear of losing the minutes he'd earned; because the team was that good. This season the x's and o's will be much more natural for him and the longer leash will see Jaylin Stewart become an All Conference level contributor with serious first round buzz. !

,..If the roster is somehow good enough to force Hassan into reprising his role as 6th man of the year (Mahaney/Stewart/McNeeley/Karaban/Reed jr) and Tarris can tip Samson for the starting center nod, this team is going to be such a nightmare for any opposition lol. Samson is essentially about to make his Sophmore leap with the maturity of a senior aged player. SJ didn't play as a freshman, was hurt all season after looking like he would be a major piece of the rotation, finally got a full season in as the first or second guy off the bench on the back to back national champions. This is only going to be Samson's 2nd season really playing. Huge leap incoming.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I know this is a thread about Stewart but what I saw was Ball giving him the lane way to easy. Ball should have been and is quick enough to beat Stewart to a spot on that drive to the basket instead he stayed on his hip and get taken to the basket.

It was very poor defense. I know it’s a scrimmage and practice but Ball has to stay in front of him in that situation. He is smaller and quicker. Stewart clearly has nba talent. Probably would like to see him 10 lbs lighter but he looks like a top flight player.

Another thing I noticed was a lack of rim protection. Most of those drives would have been sent back to sender if DC was still patrolling the paint.

I am being hyper critical on purpose this team is very talented so the details will be where we separate ourselves from the pack in the BE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom