Josh Carlton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Josh Carlton

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
People get all huffy about player comparisons... are you ever going to naturally compare a guy to some no name who stinks? Not usually...

If you say “he’s similar to X, has potential to reach his level but with less Y and Z,” that is somehow egregious, preposterous, OUTRAGEOUS!

Drives me nuts. There's so many parts of players that remind me of one guy or another, so why not come up with a visual picture of part someone's game?

And we often use UCONN guys, because everyone on here has the same reference.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I still think that by the time he's a junior he'll be our Billy Curley. Same type of player, same build. People are just thrown off by the different skin tone.

That's a decent comparison. I'm not sure if Carlton will reach that level of toughness, but maybe. Don't think he's soft or anything. But Curley was your classic Irish puncher type.

Reaction Score
That's a decent comparison. I'm not sure if Carlton will reach that level of toughness, but maybe. Don't think he's soft or anything. But Curley was your classic Irish puncher type.

Mickey Curley may be more accurate. Billy was very highly rated recruit coming in and had immediate impact

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I'd like to see how he runs the floor. Haven't had enough of a sample size yet since our offense was so plodding. Lack of footspeed would be a limiting factor for him on this team, based on what I expect to see. I'm confident Diarra has wheels and can finish on the break. I think even Cobb can get out and finish (for how long I'm not sure). Whaley is built for that kind of role.

I wasn't impressed with his footspeed from what I saw. Nor with Polley's.

But who knows, maybe with more incentive it will pick up.

Reaction Score
Carlton isn't too athletic but he does have some good hands and keeps the ball up high. He has a few post moves. I would love to keep him as I see a steady hand by the time his Sr. year rolls around. He might not be starting then but he has a chance to contribute going forward and that is what is important. We need decent depth on our team all all our positions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Josh continues to dominate against mid majors. Hope it clicks soon so he also gets it done against the big boys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom