2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Riley | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Riley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
saw this earlier and found it interesting - don’t know anything about him, but he’s got something coach Hurley likes

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I like that we’re offering so many guys named Jordan for ‘21 - casting a wide net looking for the next Michael :cool:

Reaction Score
He’s a baller. Kid is nasty. Reminds me of BG, only taller.

How can you not like this comparison? Looking at the video I can see some of that too, like his strength already has a college body and will have an NBA body with the work. Looks better than the number but again, maybe those were the only perimeter shots he made all year? If he can shoot it, I like his game and ceiling a ton.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I see a decent amount of Bouknight in him as well. No idea that level of comp but he obviously is a pretty smooth and very athletic player.

One thing I always look at with scoring guards, and Ben was maybe the BEST we've ever had at this, is getting to your spot with minimal dribbles and action ... Ben would get wherever he wanted in 1-2 dribbles and make it a scoring play.

Bouk has a bit of that, but no one is as good as Ben was. This kid has flashes of both and has great body control once into the paint. Looks like a natural scorer.

Reaction Score

Dropped 32 in this one vs one of the better teams in NY.

As an aside, all the bodies "pinballing" off the ball handler in the last 15 seconds reminded me of the "Old" Big East when there were six fouls. Also looked like a travel at the start of that last "offensive set" wasn't called, but it seemed not much got called in that game.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Of the new batch of 2021 guard offers he’s easily the best imo.

Reaction Score
His teammate, #34, showed multiple ways to score inside, outside, and driving to the basket. Did you pay attention to him at all? Any thoughts on him? He looked several inches taller than Riley and pretty strong.

Looks like he's the other D1 prospect on the team. Looks more skilled than Riley to me, just less athletic with limited ceiling

Reaction Score

26 PTS
3 REB
5 AST

5 TO
2 STL
2 BLK

8/10 2FG
2/4 3FG
4/6 FT
  • Looked a lot more well-rounded in this game than the first highlights. Demonstrated more (if pretty limited) perimeter skill. I thought he'd be a total non-shooter after the first game, but made 2 3s in the first few minutes of the game. Still not completely convinced, but the potential is there.
  • Public HS games have SUCH better energy. I really prefer it as a viewer.
  • Started the game 5/5 from the field in the first quarter yeesh
  • Intensity on D seems pretty good. Some good hustle plays and stays lower than some of our other recruits at the same stage
  • Really really strong. Physically dominant in this league on offense and defense. Lower level of competition so his height and size are a game-changer. Not sure it would be so much at a better school
  • Plays in the post way too much for my liking with this team for a kid his size looking to play D1.
  • Plays a lot more like a “4” than I would like. Needs to really be a shooting guard if he wants to play here at 6’4.
  • Threw some wild passes. A few times he got lucky and teammates corralled it but eek. Not very accurate throwing them.
  • Turns the ball over a lot for someone who doesn’t dribble much at all. Not a capable ballhandler vs pressure
  • He has gigantic hands

His coaches act like players complaining about everything. Needs to learn to think like a coach. I was actually pretty impressed with the officiating over all. Couple fouls I would’ve called and a bad travel call. To be fair I am also a terrible referee.

Overall… I like the offer a lot better than I did 5 hours ago. Really, really, strong and athletic, long wingspan. Dominating because of superior athleticism in this game for the most part. Developing perimeter skill. Potential as a shooter. High ceiling.

Reaction Score
He’s been on the radar for some time.

Chief, I would take your comment "on the radar for some time" to mean this player is a high level recruit and not, to paraphrase someone else's recent comment, "that the staff has dropped down a level and made a new round of offers to players not as highly rated."
Any thoughts on that?

C

Chief00

Chief, I would take your comment "on the radar for some time" to mean this player is a high level recruit and not, to paraphrase someone else's recent comment, "that the staff has dropped down a level and made a new round of offers to players not as highly rated."
Any thoughts on that?

Not a polished final product, but has athleticism and upside. The watch out Watchdog is its important that a PG consistently makes good decisions with the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom