Jordan McLaughlin to USC | The Boneyard

Jordan McLaughlin to USC

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Snider is not coming to UConn unless he commits on his visit, if he visits that is.

U

UCONNfan1

I hope he chooses Illinois. I don't like UCLA and never root for them to win in anything. Of course, I'm not sure why USC doesn't rub me the same way - they are a snooty expensive private type school. UCLA makes fun of that all the time (whenever the USC band is playing their fight song, the UCLA fans hold up their mercedes keys, or a $20 bill and bop it to the beat. Pretty amusing to see the 2 fan bases in the same building.

Reaction Score
USC? I just don't get it - why?

Never have, never will.........

Reaction Score
Ehh I'd rather lose Snider (or not lose him) to UCLA. I just hate losing recruits to programs that aren't on our level, like Illinios. Meanwhile, I think it's pretty safe to say UCLA is AT LEAST on par with us.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Seriously. Who wouldn't want to be an undergrad in LA?
me, but i wouldn't want to do anything in LA. Living in Westwood, UCLA, might be nice but the area outside the gates at USC sucks.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
me, but i wouldn't want to do anything in LA. Living in Westwood, UCLA, might be nice but the area outside the gates at USC sucks.

Totally agree - Westwood could be fun, I guess but even that place isn't great a few blocks away from campus. USC is in a pretty rough area with nothing too redeeming close by. It's just stuck in an ugly part of LA. Pepperdine's campus is beyond amazing but the rules at the school make Providence look like a liberal melting pot commune like place. UC Santa Cruz and SDSU would be way better than any of the above.

But for the entire argument of pretty girls on campus as a draw, can you really find any D1 campus where, if you were the local rock star, you couldn't pull from a large enough pool of talent to be happy for 2 or 3 years?

Reaction Score
Totally agree - Westwood could be fun, I guess but even that place isn't great a few blocks away from campus. USC is in a pretty rough area with nothing too redeeming close by. It's just stuck in an ugly part of LA. Pepperdine's campus is beyond amazing but the rules at the school make Providence look like a liberal melting pot commune like place. UC Santa Cruz and SDSU would be way better than any of the above.

But for the entire argument of pretty girls on campus as a draw, can you really find any D1 campus where, if you were the local rock star, you couldn't pull from a large enough pool of talent to be happy for 2 or 3 years?

Haha not to get off track, but as a Pepperdine grad, I can tell you that the rules are pretty routinely ignored and aren't crazy stringent anymore anyway. Besides, while kids looking to party like its Wisconsin-Madison might be turned off, having a dry campus doesn't keep as many students or recruits away when it is freely available off campus where most kids live anyway. Besides, the campus itself really does make up for short-comings in terms of wild night life. The problem with recruits is that the games are still played in a high school gym. Until the new arena gets built, the program will be stuck in neutral.

USC is in an awful section of the city, and actually competed with Pepperdine to get the land in Malibu back in the day. But while the area is a pit, the campus itself is great and has made itself a self-sustaining bubble within the city. Not much reason to leave campus when you go to USC and I never heard any complaints among USC kids. Westwood is great and I can't blame anyone for wanting to go to school at UCLA for that vibe. Certainly better than Storrs, but I know that's not necessarily the comparison being made.

And the overwhelming quality of the girls at either of those schools would certainly be a difference maker for those who care about such things when making their college decision, at least when compared to their northeastern counterparts. I say that from personal experience :)

Reaction Score
USC. I remember a few years back a freshman football player was shot by stray bullet.....during practice. Did that happen or did I dream that?

Reaction Score

Certainly, Duke for one. But that supports your overall point.

Reaction Score
That story is from 1992. 21 years ago. But yeah, I remembered that from high school. Imagine that though. Wild.

LOL! I just threw my math skills out the window for a few minutes.

I'd have to admit it's true. It's all downhill after 40.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Girls
but not just girls, Cali girls
and not just Cali girls, SoCal girls. Your rating scale has to be modified when you in SoCal

Reaction Score
If you want to go to school in Pasadena, pick Caltech. Beautiful area - surrounded by million dollar mansions, etc.

Perhaps not as good of a decision basketball-wise. They lost 300 games in a row until it was snapped a couple years ago.

There's also the issue of being accepted.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If you want to go to school in Pasadena, pick Caltech. Beautiful area - surrounded by million dollar mansions, etc.

Perhaps not as good of a decision basketball-wise. They lost 300 games in a row until it was snapped a couple years ago.

There's also the issue of being accepted.
You missed the most salient bit of info. What are the girls like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom