Jordan Horston | The Boneyard

Jordan Horston

Reaction Score
The lady Vols can only get better after this year. The next coach has a lot of high ranked athletes to work with and the team could have a big turn around next year. I don’t see Jordan going anywhere. She wants to be a Vol and now with Holly gone their future looks brighter.

Reaction Score
If she sent to TN b/c of Holly than OMG what was she thinking. She went for the nostalgia of the past glory not Holly, so Holly leaving should make no difference. Recruits knew what they are getting, Holly's poor coaching and inability to develop players. You can point to countless top level recruits that progressed poorly and were underdeveloped under Holly....Russell, Cooper, DeShields, Nared, etc..

Reaction Score
Yes, I do. Why take a chance on an unknown coach and program? Why take a chance that your teammates or fellow recruits are also going to head for the exits?

And if you're the top player in the nation (HS), and you've just taken all that time and effort in recruiting, why just close your eyes and go into such an unsettled situation?

If I were she, I'd certainly rethink. Certainly!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Job 1 for any new HC at TN is to secure the returning players and insure the incoming recruits don’t have second thoughts. If TN hires a big name coach like Walz, I think he has a reasonable chance to hold on to everyone.

Reaction Score
It's all speculation on something like that as usual. Sounds like she had a good rapport with the staff and liked the idea of the pre-meal prayer.

How did the Lady Vols get commitment from No. 2-ranked recruit Jordan Horston?

Depending on who comes in could change her mind or solidify the commitment. Obviously ( I would think ) the AD and staff have a very short list and contacts have been made already. This should be a very quick turnaround which may depend on the tourney being over. The school will get tons of interest for the job as unlike many rebuilding jobs leaving the cupboard bare, the Vols cupboard and what may come in has them loaded for bear. Forgive the old time cliche...;)

Reaction Score
Job 1 for any new HC at TN is to secure the returning players and insure the incoming recruits don’t have second thoughts. If TN hires a big name coach like Walz, I think he has a reasonable chance to hold on to everyone.
If it does happen to be Walz, I wouldn’t be surprised if all those players stayed and more players joined the way he recruits.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Warlick's departure could have a direct impact on Tennessee's recruiting and at least one marquee player from its incoming class. Signee Jordan Horston, ESPN's No. 2 recruit in the class of 2019, heard the news from the bench of the McDonald's All-American game.

"I love Tennessee and I love Holly," said Horston, who was named MVP of the game. "I guess I'll have to sleep on this whole situation. I really don't want to talk about it."

Warlick out as Lady Vols' coach after 7 seasons

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Warlick's departure could have a direct impact on Tennessee's recruiting and at least one marquee player from its incoming class. Signee Jordan Horston, ESPN's No. 2 recruit in the class of 2019, heard the news from the bench of the McDonald's All-American game.

"I love Tennessee and I love Holly," said Horston, who was named MVP of the game. "I guess I'll have to sleep on this whole situation. I really don't want to talk about it."

Warlick out as Lady Vols' coach after 7 seasons
Wow!

While the McD AA game was pretty ugly, Horston was clearly the best athlete on the court. If she wants out of her commitment, that’s big news.

Reaction Score
I think at the end of the day all the recruits that committed will end up keeping there word. I would be shocked if any of them ask out of the signed letters or intent. And remember Jordan was looking at Louisville to so if Waltz ends up there she will stay. No way she ends up at UCONN if she wants out.. let’s get that idea out of our heads it will never happen. She will stay at Tennessee and play with the players in her class because of relationships being formed throughout the whole recruiting process!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think at the end of the day all the recruits that committed will end up keeping there word. I would be shocked if any of them ask out of the signed letters or intent. And remember Jordan was looking at Louisville to so if Waltz ends up there she will stay. No way she ends up at UCONN if she wants out.. let’s get that idea out of our heads it will never happen. She will stay at Tennessee and play with the players in her class because of relationships being formed throughout the whole recruiting process!!!
Y? I would love to get that idea out of my head. Of course you aren't helping because you aren't telling me why I should. And while you are at it maybe you can help me get something else out of my head and that's how she ended up at TN in the first place. Please don't say "because Geno would never.....

Reaction Score
Y? I would love to get that idea out of my head. Of course you aren't helping because you aren't telling me why I should. And while you are at it maybe you can help me get something else out of my head and that's how she ended up at TN in the first place. Please don't say "because Geno would never.....
Other than Knoxville being close to home, she mentioned after she committed that she really connected with the girls at Tennessee. So if the players stay, I think Jordan will follow through with her commitment. Although I still would not mind seeing her in a Husky uniform.

Reaction Score
Right! And I don’t think any player that committed to Tennessee would play for UConn. Two totally different cultures.

Reaction Score
If the new head coach for TN is Waltz, do any of his committs from Louisville follow him to Tennessee? Assuming all 4 of TN's committs for next year's class stay, I don't think TN would have any more scholarships available. I don't believe any of Louisville's recruits for next years class had UCONN on their list.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Other than Knoxville being close to home, she mentioned after she committed that she really connected with the girls at Tennessee. So if the players stay, I think Jordan will follow through with her commitment. Although I still would not mind seeing her in a Husky uniform.
A word of strong caution about those TN girls that Jordan "connected" with on her recruiting visit. At the very maximum there will be only 4 Lady Vols on the team that were on the TN team during Jordan's recruiting visit in the fall of 2018. (Rennia Davis, Evina Westbrook, Kemera Harris & Kasiyahna Kushkituah.) Westbrook is rumored to be in the NCAA transfer portal. How strong do we really think that connection was especially when you probably talking about an entire new coaching staff?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Regardless of where she lands, I hope she does well. Columbus Africentric, historically, hasn’t had a strong academic program and I worry about her transition in the classroom.

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If the new head coach for TN is Waltz, do any of his committs from Louisville follow him to Tennessee? Assuming all 4 of TN's committs for next year's class stay, I don't think TN would have any more scholarships available. I don't believe any of Louisville's recruits for next years class had UCONN on their list.

Walz is a wheeler and dealer so I wouldn't be surprised if we see an entirely new roster next year for both Louisville/Tennessee if he does get the job.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Women’s basketball doesn’t have a lot of the used car salesman types that are so common on the men’s side (think Bruce Pearl). But Walz is definitely of that cloth (tablecloth?). The way he’s coyly deflecting questions with cheeseball jokes about the Lakers job makes me think something might be afoot.

If I was a Louisville player, I think I’d be pissed especially if I wasn’t a senior.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Walz is a wheeler and dealer so I wouldn't be surprised if we see an entirely new roster next year for both Louisville/Tennessee if he does get the job.
Ah come on, to have an entire new roster next year Jeff would have to get a bunch of hardship waivers approved by the NCAA. He's getting the TN job, It's not like he going to ND. :D

Reaction Score
If she sent to TN b/c of Holly than OMG what was she thinking. She went for the nostalgia of the past glory not Holly, so Holly leaving should make no difference. Recruits knew what they are getting, Holly's poor coaching and inability to develop players. You can point to countless top level recruits that progressed poorly and were underdeveloped under Holly....Russell, Cooper, DeShields, Nared, etc..

That's not what she said.

If it does happen to be Walz, I wouldn’t be surprised if all those players stayed and more players joined the way he recruits.

There is no way to predict if there will be chemistry between any new coach and the current players. We see the transfers. Hell, one even played for the new coach for a year and then transferred without sitting out a year. :rolleyes:

Some of the LV's might not like a new work ethic either. And sometimes good players and good coaches are just like oil and water.

The big reveal will be if they stay within the family or go outside.

Reaction Score
That's not what she said.

There is no way to predict if there will be chemistry between any new coach and the current players. We see the transfers. Hell, one even played for the new coach for a year and then transferred without sitting out a year. :rolleyes:

Some of the LV's might not like a new work ethic either. And sometimes good players and good coaches are just like oil and water.

The big reveal will be if they stay within the family or go outside.
Sweetheart to put it quite frankly almost any potential coach on the list can step in do better than she did. If you have discipline and know how to coach a team, your players will run through a wall for you and they’ll play tougher. Most importantly you won’t have to coach effort and that seems like what she was coaching her entire stint, effort. I personally think players committed to Tennessee because it’s a storied program, not because of Warlick. Imagine what Walz can do with the Tennessee name considering the way he stockpiles top recruits.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom