Jordan Horston | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jordan Horston

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Oh, God, I hope she changes her mind. Jordan looked really good today.
One of the problems for me Mil is not only does she looks good in every game I've seen her play, and that's against top competition, she's always the best player on the floor. She just seems to know how to play within a team concept and yet excel. She just jumps off the screen. That kind of thing easily translates to the next level. When she plays in the U's tournament it's inevitable that she'll at least be one of the best on the floor.

Reaction Score
Horston would be a fantastic get for UConn should she choose to change her mind but it's a long shot at best.............the European option appears somewhat more likely to me..........

Reaction Score
What schools were listed as the finalists for Jordan? I thought UConn was in the running until the end.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What schools were listed as the finalists for Jordan? I thought UConn was in the running until the end.
Yes, UConn was one of her finalists with tOSU & Louisville, I believe.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
A word of strong caution about those TN girls that Jordan "connected" with on her recruiting visit. At the very maximum there will be only 4 Lady Vols on the team that were on the TN team during Jordan's recruiting visit in the fall of 2018. (Rennia Davis, Evina Westbrook, Kemera Harris & Kasiyahna Kushkituah.) Westbrook is rumored to be in the NCAA transfer portal. How strong do we really think that connection was especially when you probably talking about an entire new coaching staff?

An article posted here said Jasmine Massengill was her host on her recruiting visit. So, Massengill would still be there and depending on when the other freshmen moved for school, they might have been there too.

But I feel like SOMEONE on here posted awhile back that Horston and Westbrook were very excited about the idea of playing together next season. So, if Westbrook is transferring...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
An article posted here said Jasmine Massengill was her host on her recruiting visit. So, Massengill would still be there and depending on when the other freshmen moved for school, they might have been there too.

But I feel like SOMEONE on here posted awhile back that Horston and Westbrook were very excited about the idea of playing together next season. So, if Westbrook is transferring...
Westbrook’s issues go beyond HW. She’s faced withering criticism by some LV fans for her decision making and TO’s as TN’s pg. IMO, Westbrook is playing out of position as a pg. But she did express her belief that the LV’s needed a coaching change, so now that the AD has obliged, you have to wonder if she will stay.

Reaction Score
I would think she would be elated, she will find a new coach at Tenn. If she aspires for the best she can be, the new coach IMO would be it.

Reaction Score
I think at the end of the day all the recruits that committed will end up keeping there word. I would be shocked if any of them ask out of the signed letters or intent. And remember Jordan was looking at Louisville to so if Waltz ends up there she will stay. No way she ends up at UCONN if she wants out.. let’s get that idea out of our heads it will never happen. She will stay at Tennessee and play with the players in her class because of relationships being formed throughout the whole recruiting process!!!
Relative to transfers, If Walz gets job I believe there would be a higher chance of Louisville losing players than TN. TN will have all the excitement of new coach, program, etc. while Louisville will have the mark of being a second choice.

Reaction Score
Relative to transfers, If Walz gets job I believe there would be a higher chance of Louisville losing players than TN. TN will have all the excitement of new coach, program, etc. while Louisville will have the mark of being a second choice.

Waltz already confirmed he will stay at Louisville.

Reaction Score
Respectfully, if she aspires for the best she can be, the old Italian coach in Storrs would be it.

I didn't want to go there, that's goes without saying. ;)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
UT will probably keep the assistant that recruited Horston. I think it was Carol Mason (?). If she stays Horston will also. If not, then not

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
As of yesterday, Walz would neither confirm or deny the rumor. Have I missed something?
You beat me to it Dude. Is this more speculation or is there hard proof?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think just the opposite. Louisville graduates Furing, Durr, Carter, & Diop. Shook and Jones are juniors and would be essentially sitting out what would be their senior season if they transferred. That only leaves sophomore Dana Evans as the Cards only player of consequence that might transfer. Contrast that with the Lady Vols rosters the core of which are Sophomores (Davis & Westbrook) and freshmen (Green, Massengill, Collins).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think just the opposite. Louisville graduates Furing, Durr, Carter, & Diop. Shook and Jones are juniors and would be essentially sitting out what would be their senior season if they transferred. That only leaves sophomore Dana Evans as the Cards only player of consequence that might transfer. Contrast that with the Lady Vols rosters the core of which are Sophomores (Davis & Westbrook) and freshmen (Green, Massengill, Collins).
In addition, you have to look at what’s coming in at Louisville & TN respectively. At Louisville, Walz has Green, and she’ll be a good one. But after Green he’s got a 6’4” project out of FL who’s rated 99th by Hoopgurlz and I don’t know who else.

At TN, assuming he can pursuade Horston to stay, he has the best player in the class, by far imo, something that should be reflected when the final class rankings come out for 2019. He’s also got an Aussie with some talent and I’m not sure who else. But Horston all by herself makes the TN class superior to Louisville’s.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
In addition, you have to look at what’s coming in at Louisville & TN respectively. At Louisville, Walz has Green, and she’ll be a good one. But after Green he’s got a 6’4” project out of FL who’s rated 99th by Hoopgurlz and I don’t know who else.

At TN, assuming he can pursuade Horston to stay, he has the best player in the class, by far imo, something that should be reflected when the final class rankings come out for 2019. He’s also got an Aussie with some talent and I’m not sure who else. But Horston all by herself makes the TN class superior to Louisville’s.
He has a Japanese PG Narika Konno.

Reaction Score
Westbrook is rumored to be in the NCAA transfer portal.

Has she been in this portal because she was fed up with Warlick (as that video may have shown), or did she just get into the portal now because of the Warlick firing?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Has she been in this portal because she was fed up with Warlick (as that video may have shown), or did she just get into the portal now because of the Warlick firing?
No way of telling this is entirely in rumor space for right now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Back in February, her mother was commenting on social media that she would be leaving TN, so if in fact she's now in the transfer portal, I don't think it's just about HW's firing, which, given Westbrook's comments after the UCLA loss, you would think she would be pleased with.

From a tactical standpoint, it's not a bad idea for Westbrook to place her name in the transfer portal to see who's interested. If she's in the portal, I suspect she's already fielding offers from prospective suiters. At the same time, Westbrook still retains the right to stay at TN, although TN can revoke her scholarship at the end of this term. But any new hire as the HC of the LV's is going to meet with Westbrook immediately in an effort to persuade her to stay, and obviously if she were to agree, her scholarship would certainly be retained.

Reaction Score
Yes, UConn was one of her finalists with tOSU & Louisville, I believe.
As well as UNC and UCLA (She had official visits to both schools and her mom's cousin is coach Crawley for UNC)
South Carolina also one of her 7 final schools list and got an OV that she took w/ Cooke and Jackson.

Reaction Score
What about Tamari Key, she would provide good depth at a place like UConn, she’s 6’5, top 50 in the 2019 class, and a decent shot blocker.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom