2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The next person who worries about our staffs recruiting should get a stone cold stunner. I'm half expecting them to announce a loophole that allows Kemba to come back for another bite at the apple at this point. Thanks to all the insiders like 99, BF, Matrim, Zion, etc...all the posts and info are much appreciated from a long time fan with no insider connections. Now we just need basketball.

100% agree, on all counts. Thank you to all of you who post information about potential and actual recruits. It has helped me (and most of you) get through this longest of sports "winters".

And great to see Matrim back... you seems to have brought with you some recruiting good fortune as well. In the short time you are back, we have closed on one huge get, and now looks like we are about to do the same hard charging close from the outside on another hugely important recruit for our future. Thanks Matrim!

At this point, I don't even care if we have to only play in-conference games only (when we could definitely use the preseason this year to get our best lineups and rotations set up during those tune up games)... PLEASE GOD, LET THERE BE A COLLEGE BASKETBALL SEASON!

And to anyone, ANYONE, who questions this staff and their recruiting chops again:

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
One source informed 247Sports, “I think there is about a 95 percent chance that Jordan goes to Connecticut.”

Another source felt that it would be a massive shock if Hawkins ended up anywhere but UConn.

ESTIYylXcAEu1d_.png

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Scouting report from Nike Elite camp last year. @UConnStats I have to disagree with your analysis that shooting isn’t a strong suit of his every scouting report I’ve read mentions his excellent shooting.

“It’s no stretch to say that Jordan raised his stock more than any single prospect at the Nike Elite 100. A late addition to the event, Hawkins definitely made the most of his time in St. Louis. Our first live viewing of the DMV native came during the Tuesday afternoon session. Standing around 6’4 with good length, Jordan hit multiple catch and shoot threes with good elevation, nice arch and a high release point. In the second half Hawkins had the ball in transition on the right side of the court with a defender in front sizing him up for a block. The underappreciated junior took off about 7 feet away from the rim and absolutely crushed home a ferocious dunk on the defender that had the entire crowd buzzing. Jordan also hit a few midrange pull-ups later on in the game that intrigued us enough to take a second look and we’re glad we did. Hawkins’ jumpshot and athleticism were once again eye-raising, as he hit multiple triples and displayed a solid handle with some explosiveness as a finisher.”

Reaction Score
A month ago the 2021 class was thought to be a dud for us...we were just hoping for Samson.

Thinking ride the momentum for spot #4 and push for Keels or Sallis. If Bouk is to stay for year 3 Adams may move on. Who knows we may just go for the transfer to fill in empty spaces

Reaction Score
One source informed 247Sports, “I think there is about a 95 percent chance that Jordan goes to Connecticut.”

Another source felt that it would be a massive shock if Hawkins ended up anywhere but UConn.
!

Reaction Score
Scouting report from Nike Elite camp last year. @UConnStats I have to disagree with your analysis that shooting isn’t a strong suit of his every scouting report I’ve read mentions his excellent shooting.

“It’s no stretch to say that Jordan raised his stock more than any single prospect at the Nike Elite 100. A late addition to the event, Hawkins definitely made the most of his time in St. Louis. Our first live viewing of the DMV native came during the Tuesday afternoon session. Standing around 6’4 with good length, Jordan hit multiple catch and shoot threes with good elevation, nice arch and a high release point. In the second half Hawkins had the ball in transition on the right side of the court with a defender in front sizing him up for a block. The underappreciated junior took off about 7 feet away from the rim and absolutely crushed home a ferocious dunk on the defender that had the entire crowd buzzing. Jordan also hit a few midrange pull-ups later on in the game that intrigued us enough to take a second look and we’re glad we did. Hawkins’ jumpshot and athleticism were once again eye-raising, as he hit multiple triples and displayed a solid handle with some explosiveness as a finisher.”
He can shoot, I just wouldn’t go comparing him to Ray Allen either. Three level scorer for sure though

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On his ESPN profile UConn still isn't listed at all. 7 schools but no UConn. Smh.
Espn is worthless unless it’s about a top 25 player, you might as well read the wall street journal
Thinking ride the momentum for spot #4 and push for Keels or Sallis. If Bouk is to stay for year 3 Adams may move on. Who
Technically there is no spot number 4 yet. No one knows for sure how Hurley will address the situation. A 5* wing is one thing but otherwise the best move is getting a grad transfer which gives us another shot at a 5* player in 2022.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
this was the one player I wanted the most for this class - he is, to me, the best overall guard on both sides of the ball by far. I cannot believe he was so underappreciated - just watching the kid you had to know that he is special. If it does come to fruition - it's all I want for my birthday and Christmas

Reaction Score
He's a shooter and jumps high on his shot but I won't compare him to Ray because Ray had the prettiest shot release in the history of basketball and is probably the second best shooter in the history of basketball but he dunks just like a young Ray did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom