4 REB
1 AST

0 TO
0 STL
0 BLK

4/7 2FG
3/5 3FG
0/0 FT
  • Tends to miss his shots short and straight. I’d like to see him focus on the BRAD kind of shooting they’re always raving about in NBA circles
  • Dematha plays a similar defense to us. Pressure Man D but switch heavy, with a 1-2-2 zone thrown in when we want to press some.
  • Primary matchup down the stretch was top 100 sophomore Judad Mintz. Also spent a bit of time guarding 6’7 220lb Vandy commit Miles Stute. So versatile.
  • As I’ve said his ballhandling vs pressure is suspect at best. Really, I think he’s athletic and long enough--especially with such a deadly 3pt shot--that having 1 counter to a straight-line drive would be enough at first in the half court He’s more comfortable finishing off of 2 feet (but is able to go strong or goofy foot too), so a pro-hop might be the answer for him.
DeMatha(#7) vs Gonzaga College(#20) Game- DSN DMV HS Basketball Showcase 2019-20
  • Run the floor, get rewarded.
DeMatha(#7) vs Gonzaga College(#20) Game- DSN DMV HS Basketball Showcase 2019-20
  • Nothing special here, but I like the defensive possession. This is kind of what I mean when I say he just seems to impact the defense in ways that aren’t popping up in the box score. Doesn’t get a block or rebound, but switched quickly and got a dig at the ball to make the shot tough
  • This kid is lights OUT from the corner on a catch and shoot. That’s and NBA paycheck
  • Love to see him using his left hand--he didn’t have that a year ago apparently.
  • TOUGH make to beat the shot clock. Fantastic body control wow
  • His conditioning is really great. He’s always used at the front of Dematha’s 1-2-2 zone like this. Really shows off his length and motor over time

Reaction Score
Wasn't the Blaze Strategy the recruitment plan that got the last staff fired?
That strategy was solid. The execution was poor.

1596840640350.jpeg

Reaction Score
Hawkins vs Gonzaga

17 PTS
4 REB
1 AST

0 TO
0 STL
0 BLK

4/7 2FG
3/5 3FG
0/0 FT
  • Tends to miss his shots short and straight. I’d like to see him focus on the BRAD kind of shooting they’re always raving about in NBA circles
  • Dematha plays a similar defense to us. Pressure Man D but switch heavy, with a 1-2-2 zone thrown in when we want to press some.
  • Primary matchup down the stretch was top 100 sophomore Judad Mintz. Also spent a bit of time guarding 6’7 220lb Vandy commit Miles Stute. So versatile.
  • As I’ve said his ballhandling vs pressure is suspect at best. Really, I think he’s athletic and long enough--especially with such a deadly 3pt shot--that having 1 counter to a straight-line drive would be enough at first in the half court He’s more comfortable finishing off of 2 feet (but is able to go strong or goofy foot too), so a pro-hop might be the answer for him.
  • Run the floor, get rewarded.
  • Nothing special here, but I like the defensive possession. This is kind of what I mean when I say he just seems to impact the defense in ways that aren’t popping up in the box score. Doesn’t get a block or rebound, but switched quickly and got a dig at the ball to make the shot tough
  • This kid is lights OUT from the corner on a catch and shoot. That’s and NBA paycheck
  • Love to see him using his left hand--he didn’t have that a year ago apparently.
  • TOUGH make to beat the shot clock. Fantastic body control wow
  • His conditioning is really great. He’s always used at the front of Dematha’s 1-2-2 zone like this. Really shows off his length and motor over time

Thanks for the effort you put into these. Excellent.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

"Over the last six weeks or so, his recruitment has stepped up, with programs like Louisville, Notre Dame, Maryland, Georgetown and Wake Forest coming in hard."
That makes:
  • Sonogo from Hall's yard.
  • Diggins from Nova's yard.
  • Hawkins from Maryland's yard... with other high major interest heating up
Our staff is on fire. All northeast schools are on notice.

Reaction Score
I started getting so caught up in the fact that we apparently have more recruits on the way that I don’t think I fully appreciated this Hawkins pickup. If he’s the shooter everyone thinks he is, he’s going to be an absolute stud for us. His shot just looks so nice.

Reaction Score
Yeah I even remember when Calhoun was building the program he said he went everywhere looking for recruits selling them on playing in the Big East against the best competition. Kids that were good but weren't getting offers from Syracuse, Georgetown, St. John's, etc.
Did Howie have the Israel connection?

Reaction Score
I started getting so caught up in the fact that we apparently have more recruits on the way that I don’t think I fully appreciated this Hawkins pickup. If he’s the shooter everyone thinks he is, he’s going to be an absolute stud for us. His shot just looks so nice.
Everyone needs shooters. UCONN has been lacking.

Reaction Score
I've been focused on corona and power outtages, but Hurley and company is just killing it on the recruiting trail it seems. Yikes.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
... I don’t think I fully appreciated this Hawkins pickup. If he’s the shooter everyone thinks he is, he’s going to be an absolute stud for us. His shot just looks so nice.
All I know about this kids game is what I read here. It sounds like he's an athletic, elite shooter who isn't afraid to D up. Fits us like a glove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom