2021 Recruiting: - Jordan Hawkins Commits to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Jordan Hawkins Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Wow. Can't be overstated how well the staff has done.

What's more impressive is the fact they're doing this with the uncertainty of the pandemic.

Jordan Hawkins said in his blog that he hasn't even been to Connecticut... think about that. The staff made him feel comfortable enough to commit his life and future ambitions to play somewhere he's never even been.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best of luck to the young man.

He's a shooting guard so I assume he must have a decent three point percentage. Anyone know what it is?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Per Mike Jones, his coach at DeMatha High: "I think UConn’s getting a steal. He’s starting to get a lot of interest from some of the blue-bloods, but I think UConn is the perfect fit for him."
https://post original url/Uh7cfQEdtZ?amp=1

4 N/C = Blueblood

No "Steal". The young man can see the future and it is bright in the "Basketball Capital of the World"

Reaction Score
@husky429 has given us a lot of game statistics watching games available online. Great to see the overall numbers stated as 46% behind the arc and 89% from the line. Those are my kind of drool numbers. From a 6'5 2G who can play the 3, smiley face stuff. Loved the concise, low key, humble, video delivery, and the positive team oriented statements in the various publications. Every article seemed to have at least 1 value added insight. The fact that he has played against Diggins and is excited about playing with Diggins, Jackson, and our front line. The fact that he is 'all in' to assist the recruiting effort. A commitment from Dematha and Philly. Our 40 to 100 ranking range sweet spot. The hell with waiting for happy hour. Time now for a bloody Mary.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
The pace of the improved recruiting is beyond amazing! And, how can anyone with any knowledge of college basketball not include us in the "blue blood" club? 4 National Championships in the last 20 years!

Reaction Score
Seems to be a great recruit with good size for SG. I'll admit, I haven't heard much about him.

Anyone care to share his skill sets?

Reaction Score
Not official until I post the GIF!

ogRxsiD.gif

Reaction Score
@husky429 has given us a lot of game statistics watching games available online. Great to see the overall numbers stated as 46% behind the arc and 89% from the line. Those are my kind of drool numbers. From a 6'5 2G who can play the 3, smiley face stuff. Loved the concise, low key, humble, video delivery, and the positive team oriented statements in the various publications. Every article seemed to have at least 1 value added insight. The fact that he has played against Diggins and is excited about playing with Diggins, Jackson, and our front line. The fact that he is 'all in' to assist the recruiting effort. A commitment from Dematha and Philly. Our 40 to 100 ranking range sweet spot. The hell with waiting for happy hour. Time now for a bloody Mary.
Wow 46% from three and 89% from the stipe is no joke. You add in the defense and athleticism and you're looking at a really good player with big upside.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The dedication thread I made for Stanley originally was intended to be a thread titled Transitions.

I thought:

JC > KO > DH
BE > OBE/AAC > NBE
DH 2018 > Very Optimistic Present

The garden pictures were intended to be a metaphor. If you plant seeds, add plants, weed, mulch, fertilize, water and deadhead you can develop something beautiful. Creating a team and getting it to achieve it's potential is not really different. Work hard, know what you want to accomplish and have the ability to understand your task will more often than not get results.

The basketball team, like gardens, has cycled several times over the years. Anyone who gardens a lot can tell you how both frustrating and rewarding it is. I stick to flowers. Grew up in the sixties and wanted to be a flower child but pursued a more regimented life instead.

To be sure it's a silly concept. But given all the crud happening in the world I wanted to add a little color that someone might appreciate. I feel today's announcement is cause for a celebration. The picture that represents this celebration is:

July 18, 2020.jpg

But earlier:

IMG_1531.jpg

Reaction Score
I corrected him. It's just not accurate in the slightest. Not only did Calhoun recruit nationally, he recruited internationally. Without Dove there would be no Dream Season.
Yeah I even remember when Calhoun was building the program he said he went everywhere looking for recruits selling them on playing in the Big East against the best competition. Kids that were good but weren't getting offers from Syracuse, Georgetown, St. John's, etc.

Reaction Score
I always listen to Finkelstein, he's a very good evaluator...

Adam Finkelstein on Twitter: "UConn has landed a commitment from @DeMathaHoops & @teamdurantaau ESPN guard Jordan Hawkins (@golive23). Here’s why it’s very significant for @UConnMBB https://post original url/byNx9lFv6j" / Twitter

Reaction Score

From a local guy

Jordan has one of the best looking and high efficiency jumpers from deep and the mid range in the nation. In the mid-range cuts, back-screens and flex cuts Jordan is always ready for the ball. His footwork is perfect and Jordan will rise up with excellent lift and get off his jumper super quick. He can score over 6-10 plus bigs and every type of player. Jordan can put the ball on the deck and hit jumpers off 2 to 5 dribbles with range way beyond the 3 point line. He is very lean.thin but is deceptively strong and will drive to the rim and can finish off heavy contact. Jordan has a great wingspan he utilizes for very long reach tips, rebounds, deflections and steals. On the defensive end, Jordan is a pesky defender who p[lays with great heart and desire. I rate Jordan as a power 5 recruit with is excellent passion and work ethic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom