Jones to UNLV | The Boneyard

Jones to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

He's going to the abyss at UNLV where his talents will be wasted. All the best to him. Diamond Stone is the only recruit we need to be focused on getting.

Reaction Score
WOW!!! It wasn't unexpected news based on recent developments.

HOWEVER, a NAtional Championship and we still go o for 3 today!

Dumb, Idiotic and Stupid players making moronic choices. Jones decision is bad but Mack's was even worse. Both seem like fools. Break a leg! (or two)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
WOW!!! It wasn't unexpected news based on recent developments.

HOWEVER, a NAtional Championship and we still go o for 3 today!

Dumb, Idiotic and Stupid players making moronic choices. Jones decision is bad but Mack's was even worse. Both seem like fools. Break a leg! (or two)
I echo your feelings on the first 2 sentences, but as for the 3rd, kids choose colleges for many reasons and winning 4 NC's including the most recent does not entitle us to land any of them. I have no idea why Ollie swung and missed, but if we land Stone, no one will care about Jones, Briscoe or Mack. If we don't land Stone, we just move on to the next class and hope Ollie figures out why he swung and missed and gets a good class the following year...

Reaction Score
I echo your feelings on the first 2 sentences, but as for the 3rd, kids choose colleges for many reasons and winning 4 NC's including the most recent does not entitle us to land any of them. I have no idea why Ollie swung and missed, but if we land Stone, no one will care about Jones, Briscoe or Mack. If we don't land Stone, we just move on to the next class and hope Ollie figures out why he swung and missed and gets a good class the following year...

I and most others will completely AGREE with you if we land Stone.

However, that is still totally up in the air.

BTW, I will be in Madison and Milwaukee on business next week just as he will be announcing his decision. If we win out with Stone, I may need to hide my UCONN hat! :)

Reaction Score
Again, sorry to everyone who thinks otherwise but it's a new day. These kids begin to get recruited well before the "prior year" which is when we won the NC by the way.

If we whiff on many of the '16 and '17 guys I will get nervous but the year after and with the depth we have at the 1-2-3 I don't expect these kids to say yes.

NEXT

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The three most important positions that'll need to be filled next year are (1) PG because Boatright's gone (2) PF because no one on current roster is a proven commodity at that position and (3) C because there's a 50/50 chance of Brimah leaving for NBA.

We filled the PG and PF positions with a pair of terrific recruits. Stone is a critical recruit if Brimah leaves. But the SG position is stacked with Cassell, Purvis and Calhoun. And from little I've seen of Hamilton, the SF position is in great shape. Just hope that he's not a one and done. Jones and Mack were going to be icing on the cake at SF, but not a need. Likewise for Briscoe at PG.

If Ollie lands Stone then we get exactly the recruits wanted most, at the positions needed most. Next...!

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
I have full faith in Ollie... why wouldn't we all. He gets the best out of his players regardless of ability. I have no concerns at all... have two great players... hope we get Stone and will pick up another by the end of it all.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He spurned us for UNLV, so that dunk is therefore horrible. I could've done that in my sleep.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:
He spurned us for UNLV, so that dunk is therefore horrible. I could've done that in my sleep.

Wasn't even a dunk. He threw it in from two feet away. He's clearly not good enough to shoot a two-foot shot with proper technique.

Reaction Score
Why not... he is a just a kid who picked a different school. ..we can not get to emotionally connected to recruits. Most times they will break your heart

he can not hit an outside shot so who cares. Great athlete but not what we need

Why?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In the future can posters put the full name of the player in the topic, particularly for those of us not on top of recruits or transfers for that matter?

Especially a name like 'Jones'.

After googling, I believe its Derrick.

Reaction Score
The three most important positions that'll need to be filled next year are (1) PG because Boatright's gone (2) PF because no one on current roster is a proven commodity at that position and (3) C because there's a 50/50 chance of Brimah leaving for NBA.

We filled the PG and PF positions with a pair of terrific recruits. Stone is a critical recruit if Brimah leaves. But the SG position is stacked with Cassell, Purvis and Calhoun. And from little I've seen of Hamilton, the SF position is in great shape. Just hope that he's not a one and done. Jones and Mack were going to be icing on the cake at SF, but not a need. Likewise for Briscoe at PG.

If Ollie lands Stone then we get exactly the recruits wanted most, at the positions needed most. Next...!
I think Brimah wants his degree. I remember reading that he does. And honestly I can't see many people trying to entice him with the NBA. Everyone can see he still has a bit of a ways to go.

What tells you it's 50/50?

Reaction Score
Just because a few people post and get "loco" over a kid (because they read a few tweets from some talking head or uncle) does not mean we are even in the mix for them. This year was torture reading some of these recruiting threads- they were like traffic accidents- you just had to look even though you knew nothing good would come of it.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Not that Ollie is missing, this crap conference isn't helping!!! We need to get out soon! Hope it happens!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom