John's Shot | The Boneyard

John's Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Gratuitous!
http://courantblogs.com/uconn-women/lets-look-at-the-dark-side-of-uconns-season/

Keeps a grudge, reads every word we write, including about him, takes this op to criticize w/o naming names.

It doesn't matter that all the other beat reporters commented on Bria's struggles
(a bloody shame but a reality)
and Geno is quite vocal and eloquent about the t/o's (Kelly for goodness sake).

Nah, this is John's left-over rage at me and a few others that have dared to note his (whatever)...I've promised not to tell.

Reaction Score
Gratuitous!
http://courantblogs.com/uconn-women/lets-look-at-the-dark-side-of-uconns-season/

Keeps a grudge, reads every word we write, including about him, takes this op to criticize w/o naming names.

It doesn't matter that all the other beat reporters commented on Bria's struggles

Nah, this is John's left-over rage at me and a few others that have dared to note his (whatever)...I've promised not to tell.
I did not see any rage in John's article, just being honest. He is right about what Uconn fans expect, perfectiion and 30 point wins. Just sayin.....

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I'm reminded of a Carly Simon song.....some of you will be able to connect the dots.

Got it. I was going to post a YouTube link but thought better of it.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Gratuitous!

Of course he reads the Boneyard. I suspect that many of the horde visit here. After all it's been rumored that there may possibly be at least one fan here that is knowledgeable about basketball.
If you took a shot at him doesn't that make you fair game?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
You might want to check the chemical content of your breakfast cereal.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think he was definately talking about MSF. I saw John A. at the game and he told me so.

He specifically said Michael.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Gratuitous!

Michael, I can't think of a more appropriate time to post this.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

th

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Glad to have been the cause of so much mirth.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm reminded of a Carly Simon song.....some of you will be able to connect the dots.
"Anticipation... is makin me wait..." - is that the one you had in mind? or maybe "Devoted to you" with James Taylor?? ;)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln

DD - I used to use that quote as a signature. I attributed it to Mark Twain. Somebody questioned that so I did a little research. IIRC the quote is based on a line in the bible and it has been attributed to everyone from Lincoln to Twain, to Eliot to George Bush (riiiight). The QuoteInvestigator on line says it belongs to Maurice Switzer!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I dunno if the guy (john a) reads this forum or not, but I am thankful for one of his blogs he posted on his trip to Durham last january. This place opened up a second location here in my city... minutes away from my residence. Havent tried it out yet..... but my taste buds and tummy thank you in advance for making me aware of chicken and waffles :D
http://courantblogs.com/uconn-women/no-time-to-be-chicken-and-waffle-uconn-to-the-acc-now/
http://courantblogs.com/uconn-women/no-time-to-be-chicken-and-waffle-uconn-to-the-acc-now/

Reaction Score
It is, like so much Altavilla "analysis," same old-same old, capped with the if-you-criticize-Geno-you-must-be-a-jerk formula. The UConn fans expect perfection and are disappointed when they don't get it? So what! Let's not forget that Geno has talked about pursuing perfection, and some of us have been fortunate enough over the years to see 5-10 minute stretches of close to perfect basketball. It, and the expectations of UConn fans, are two facets that set UConn WBB apart.

I know Geno himself pokes fun at fans' expectations from time to time, but I doubt he wants us to clamor for mediocre basketball, or settle for it.

Reaction Score

DD - I used to use that quote as a signature. I attributed it to Mark Twain. Somebody questioned that so I did a little research. IIRC the quote is based on a line in the bible and it has been attributed to everyone from Lincoln to Twain, to Eliot to George Bush (riiiight). The QuoteInvestigator on line says it belongs to Maurice Switzer!

Maurice. He would be Barry's dad?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait mfs22b is James Taylor? (or is it Mick Jagger, I always forget)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom