John Fanta quote on where UConn will be in the BE next year | Page 3 | The Boneyard

John Fanta quote on where UConn will be in the BE next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Need our 5th year guys, the reigning DPOY and 6MOY, to play like men among boys and our guards to get those guys the ball, defend and hit open 3's.

I'd rather that that rely on freshmen and last years mid-rotation guys making a leap to POY candidates. If it does happen, whoa be to the rest of the league and CBB in general.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
In a normal year I'd be a lot more worried about losing Bouk, but we're going to have an incredibly experienced team (9th highest returning minutes for high major teams, though there's 4 BE teams in the top 10). I think in a year where there's been so much turnover that's going to be a big benefit, especially early in the season in the OOC games

It should be easier to replace his scoring by spreading it around this year than any other time we've had to replace a potential lottery pick. What will remain a concern is who's number do you call instead of him when you absolutely need a bucket or need to find a matchup you know you can exploit.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What if Akok's shot starts falling consistently?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Whaley and sanogo are "A," Jackson, Hawkins, and Cole are hopefully "B." Then you have a bunch of guys with talent, that could step up in a big way.

Reaction Score
Richie Springs is 6’9”, third year here, and pretty freakin talented. And…he’ll struggle to get minutes.

We’re loaded. Top to bottom. Loaded.

Reaction Score
Paradise Island, Bahamas (Nov. 24-26) sets the stage for one of college basketball's most epic battles. Will be one of the most anticipated games of the year for die-hard college hoops fans. Arguably the two best defensive teams in the entire country will go head to head when Loyola Chicago Ramblers face UConn in the Bad Boy Motors Battle 4 Atlantis.

All the other teams in that tournament should get knocked out before Loyola and UConn face off in the title game (Let's hope match-ups break that way). Drew Valentine orchestrated that defense last year.

That game will be such a great measuring stick for this teams potential.

Win that and this team could be very special.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Surprised Syd is a physics professor, what with all the transfers and such. Just goes to show I guess, you never know.
You might have suggested that hus interest in physics was inspired by s comment that his finest Jelly Fam moves "defied gravity."

Reaction Score
5 bid conference should be the expectation: Nova, UConn, SJU, Seton Hall, Xavier. Maybe a 6th in Providence or Butler can sneak in too.

Reaction Score
I love this. I want to see St. Johns not just be good but be great!!! I would absolutely love for Uconn/St.Johns monday night match up on BSPN primetime where both teams are top 10 in the country. Major nastalga feels! Gimmie! I want it!!! It just feels right!
I won’t to be the left fielder for the Red Sox and lead them to the pennant. But that ain’t happening either.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I love this. I want to see St. Johns not just be good but be great!!! I would absolutely love for Uconn/St.Johns monday night match up on BSPN primetime where both teams are top 10 in the country. Major nastalga feels! Gimmie! I want it!!! It just feels right!
post/time stamp

Reaction Score
Richie Springs is 6’9”, third year here, and pretty freakin talented. And…he’ll struggle to get minutes.

We’re loaded. Top to bottom. Loaded.
Curious about the basis for your evaluation on Springs. We have seen so few minutes from him (13 total) that I still don't know how talented he is.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Curious about the basis for your evaluation on Springs. We have seen so few minutes from him (13 total) that I still don't know how talented he is.
Which in and of itself is an indicator. On the other hand think about Whaley.

Reaction Score
Fanta was lucky FS1 was looking for cheap content and was fine with letting the league use their digital network guy on the actual TV.

ESPN would've never put a Fanta-type on the air.

What is he, a SHU student?

Reaction Score
Fanta was lucky FS1 was looking for cheap content and was fine with letting the league use their digital network guy on the actual TV.

ESPN would've never put a Fanta-type on the air.

What is he, a SHU student?
John Fanta has done play by play on ESPN before, so it appears they would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member