John Bagley says Boatright has what it takes to play in the NBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

John Bagley says Boatright has what it takes to play in the NBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

To Bagley's point it's more about Boatshow landing in the right situation vs where he gets drafted; quite frankly that's the long term view. I know for some of you young fans it's all about draft number but remember the only guarantee money is in the first round. So it's situation!

Reaction Score
I think Boat had the right coach his last couple of years that's for sure. Because whatever KO told him about getting to the league he will need as his route will need to be very similar. He has a good ear during the process that's for sure.

Reaction Score
For Boat to make it in the NBA he would have to develop a jumper akin to Curry.
Pro
Boat has an insane handle should be able to beat most one one defenders
Incredible athletism
Intense defender
Great work ethic
Con
Height
Actually doesn't have PG passing skills or instincts
Neutral
Shooting adequate for Accomplished PG ,
Lacks size to play two
Suggestion
Needs to develop PG skills ,possibly at D League or out of country

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Price doesn't have the speed/athleticism of Boatright. Will he make it into the NBA? I have no idea, but I do know I'll be watching the NBA draft in its entirety and following the summer leagues very closely this year.

Reaction Score
joober jones said:
Price doesn't have the speed/athleticism of Boatright. Will he make it into the NBA? I have no idea, but I do know I'll be watching the NBA draft in its entirety and following the summer leagues very closely this year.

Too bad for AJ. He was stealth before injuries. In high school he was a jet.

Reaction Score
Boat is my favorite Husky of all time. And I know I will get blasted for saying this, but he would be great on the Globetrotters.

C

Chief00

What Price has is a high basketball IQ - that's why Bird had some interest, quite frankly.

Reaction Score
I know Boat had an early workout with the Sixers. Has anyone heard of any since?

Reaction Score
And I know I will get blasted for saying this, but he would be great on the Globetrotters.
Yeah it would be great if he played for the Knicks. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . oh wait, the other NYC circus team (my bad).

Reaction Score
If mack, thomas, and other small guards can make it he can. Just don't go to the thunder or the heat
Shelvin Mack? If anything he's bulky for a guard, guy has got Boat by 5 inches and at least 50 lbs.

Reaction Score
I know Boat had an early workout with the Sixers. Has anyone heard of any since?

workout with the Jazz today, Memphis last week, and Minnesota the week prior to that.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I truly hope Boatright cracks in somewhere, but any realistic person knows it's a long shot. Take a look at the two recent Louisville guards taken in the draft (Smith & Siva) for a decent comparison.

I also look at a sub-6-footer like Phil Pressey who is a much poorer shooter than Boatright but has great court awareness and a true knack for the pick-and-roll ... something the NBA is currently thriving on.

Reaction Score
Peyton Siva isn't a great comp because he couldn't shoot and didn't score. Smith is closer, but he still wasn't the shooter or handler than Boatright is. I don't think Boat has a great shot at the NBA, but he's a better prospect than either of those guys.

Reaction Score
Peyton Siva isn't a great comp because he couldn't shoot and didn't score. Smith is closer, but he still wasn't the shooter or handler than Boatright is. I don't think Boat has a great shot at the NBA, but he's a better prospect than either of those guys.

Smith shot 39% from 3 as a senior, Boatright got up to 41% senior year. Not that far off. Smith also averaged more assists and had a better A/TO ratio as a senior to Boatright (also scored more points, but you mentioned that part). They're both a terror on D. They both won national championships as juniors, but Russ was the best player on his team when they won it. Smith is also an inch and a half taller and has a wingspan 3" longer (but Boat has a bigger vert). Russ got drafted #47, and Boat is currently undrafted in mocks. I'm not going to say Boat is a worse prospect than Russ was, but you can't truthfully say the reverse.

Reaction Score
Also just saw this tweet from a Blazers reporter regarding Boat's workout with the Blazers last week

Reaction Score
Whoops, completely forgot this thread existed.

Reaction Score
Whoops, completely forgot this thread existed.

Nah your thread is a good idea, better to have everything relevant contained in one thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom