John A's Tweets from Gampel | The Boneyard

John A's Tweets from Gampel

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Interesting...

Kelly Faris apparently spoke her mind in the locker room after the loss at Notre Dame. The #UConnwomen have found their leader

No one takes the game more seriously or plays it harder than Kelly Faris. #UConnwomen will benefit looking to her for leadership

KML says she just "blanked out " at times at Notre Dame and vows never to do that again for the #UConnwomen

Geno intent on increasing the number of times center Stef Dolson gets the ball. She's taken just 100 shots in 14 #UConnwomen games

Geno says freshmen Kiah Stokes and Brianna Banks will get a lot of playing time for #UConnwomen against Providence

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Interesting stuff - I would question if Kelly speaking her mind in the locker room after the game translates unambiguously into "they have found their leader" if leader means the one who runs the show on the floor and in huddles, but it does serve notice in a big way for her to step up in this manner.

My guess is that she is stepping up as a voice of 'accountability' and reminding people of their responsibilities, etc. This is probably a more valuable type of leadership for this team, right now, than the typical floor-leader type. Then again, if we begin to see Kelly up in people's faces during game play, I'll be the first to say I was wrong .... :D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Years ago, opponents used to tremble before games in which they would have to play UConn after a loss. The Huskies used to be irate when they lost and this is something Geno has been looking for from this team. But he didn't see that after the Baylor game - except from Kelly. And after the ND game, it was Kelly that spoke up about how frustrated she was to lose.

I think Kelly's emeregence as a leader took a while because she's a very low key person that doesn't show a lot of emotion on the court but it's apparent to me that her competitiveness is overcoming her natural reticence. That can only mean good things for UConn because no one works harder than Kelly and no one wants to win more than her, either. Is she's gotten to the point where she's willing to be Geno on the court, so to speak, I think it bodes well for the future.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Agree with Nan wholeheartedly. Don't know if John will report more on what was said, or if it will be left as read. But I bet when Kelly speaks, the team listens!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
EFHLogo.jpg

dkopp%252520nd%252520v%252520conn%25252012-40.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics