John A.: Simone Hartley talks about her daughter | The Boneyard

John A.: Simone Hartley talks about her daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“When Geno came to visit our house, the first thing he said to Bria was ‘I am not promising you any playing time.’ My husband and I looked at each other at the same time and immediately realized UConn was the right school for her because we already knew she would work hard for anything that she wanted.

LINK

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Wow, if only that was a fail-safe recruiting line, "I can't promise you any playing time."

Have to think for all her humility, if he used that line on Stewie, she thought "Well yeah sure, but let's be a little real here." When you're the best player in the country, you know you'll earn some time unless you entirely screw up, which was never a factor with Stewie.

But for three-sport Bria (and cheerleading dynamo), the situation was different, and the fact that she earned almost 32 minutes a game in her freshman year was an incredible tribute to how hard she worked.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
and the fact that she earned almost 32 minutes a game in her freshman year was an incredible tribute to how hard she worked.
And how desperate Geno was!:rolleyes:

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
I think Geno's "no guarantee" approach helps identify recruits who are willing to work hard and will care about team results rather than individual stats. His approach, as we all know, has worked extremely well in attracting players who buy into his system and perform well as a team.

HGN

Reaction Score
Man, what a chance Geno took with that line..........We all know many recruits , and parents , would have been turned off by such a line. They all want Guaranteed playing time. Bria came and has been rewarded with earning PT ; FF's ; AA Honors ; and a NC............ One can not ask for much more than that.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And how desperate Geno was!:rolleyes:
Well okay, that too. But she handled the desperate situation pretty beautifully.

And the great part about using the "no guarantees" line is that Geno can use it as a tool to see into the heart and head of a recruit and then react in different ways. Sure, there are some like Bria who bought it line and sinker and used it as a mantra to earn minutes. But I'm sure there are many recruits that are less enthusiastic about the line, and that Geno doesn't necessarily cross them off the list if they say, "Wow, I'm going to have to think about that." The important point is that these HS stars eventually come around to that truth and accept it before they get an offer. But the line allows Geno to get a snapshot of a player's psychology and allows him some insights into how he will need to deal with them in the future recruiting process and if they finally do suit up as a Husky.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Man, what a chance Geno took with that line.....We all know many recruits , and parents , would have been turned off by such a line. They all want Guaranteed playing time. Bria came and has been rewarded with earning PT ; FF's ; AA Honors ; and a NC.. One can not ask for much more than that.
I don't know if it was much of a "chance". That seems to be his MO. We've heard he's told a lot of players that, I would assume, most. If they are turned off by that, then they are not really UCONN material and no point in them coming to UCONN then.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I keep hearing from people that A'ja wants to stay close to home. How ever I read Geno still continues to go watch her play. So if Geno knew she wasn't coming to UConn why would he go watch her play? Two things to remember. If Geno continues to go watch her play then either he knows she's coming or he doesn't know shes coming. If Geno knows either he's not saying.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing from people that A'ja wants to stay close to home. How ever I read Geno still continues to go watch her play. So if Geno knew she wasn't coming to UConn why would he go watch her play? Two things to remember. If Geno continues to go watch her play then either he knows she's coming or he doesn't know shes coming. If Geno knows either he's not saying.

Who are these "people"? and, why does what they say matters? Perhaps she wants to stay close to home but also feels like it would be nice to play at .... As for Geno and other seducers, it would be crazy to give up if she has not called and say sorry you are no longer on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom