John A.: Huskies To Play Oregon And Paradise Jam | Page 2 | The Boneyard

John A.: Huskies To Play Oregon And Paradise Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In satire, someone mentioned a certain young lady from the mentioned area. At her height, I presume she plays center. Why in the world would she want to play for Auriemma? We all know that he does such a lousy job with development of former centers & guards that played for him. Who needs to be an All-American? Who in the world would want that motivation? Besides, he is late to the dance!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
If your seat is on the scoreboard overhanging center court it might look a bit better.... but not much.

tinker-hatfield-oregon-matthew-knight-arena-floor.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If your seat is on the scoreboard overhanging center court it might look a bit better.... but not much.

tinker-hatfield-oregon-matthew-knight-arena-floor.jpg

I don't know, looks kinda cool to me.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Once you realize it is a forest it a slightly more palatable.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
And the winner is....................... Scotter!

jaltavilla John Altavilla

Geno says #Nike asked him to bring his team to Oregon next season to help promote the game in the region. #UConn plays #Oregon 12-31-12

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
This is like the best news I have gotten since moving to Oregon.. Kids at U of O are already calling it "The Game of The Century" lol.. I almost feel sorry for how bad we (the Ducks) are going to get beat.. I will be the ONLY person on campus with my UConn gear on.. I cannot wait for this game, I'm already counting down the days!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This is like the best news I have gotten since moving to Oregon.. Kids at U of O are already calling it "The Game of The Century" lol.. I almost feel sorry for how bad we (the Ducks) are going to get beat.. I will be the ONLY person on campus with my UConn gear on.. I cannot wait for this game, I'm already counting down the days!
Are you "our" Kait? The one that started posting on the Boneyard when she was about 13?

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Kait the Great!!! Welcome home... I am already working on how to get out there to see the game... Road Trip!!! Get ready for visitors, Kait!!!

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Kait the Great!!! Welcome home... I am already working on how to get out there to see the game... Road Trip!!! Get ready for visitors, Kait!!!

Yay! Eugene is beautiful.. Even when it rains (which is 80% of the year lol) it's gorgeous.. The campus reminds me a LOT of UConn, which is why I think I fell in love with it! It'll be a great time, I just know I won't be allowed to sit with the Pit Crew lol

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I was at the Matthew Knight Arena last season. You can not see the half court line, and I was in the front row directly behind the scorers table. However, it is a beautiful new building. Eugene is a great college town.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
Great to hear from you again. Are you at Oregon?
I like to disappear for the offseason then show my face again when the season starts back up up lol.. right now I'm in Portland at a community college finishing up my prereqs (which is much cheaper) but I will be at U of O starting next fall.. Eugene is by far my favorite place in Oregon .. it's much bigger than Storrs but it has that small college town feel that I love so much about Storrs

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
I don't get what Oregon likes about it. They should have just made it 10 different colors like their football uniforms have the option of being...maybe they do have an alternative option for every game and just aren't telling us..(sarcasm)

Reaction Score
Wondering if adding UConn to Oregon's schedule won't help convince Mercedes she can stay home. Oregon could be demonstrating the willingness to finally put the resources to the Women's basketball program in an effort to keep her home. Add a couple of other high profile teams to their schedule would go along way. Add Mercedes and a few other recruits who knows where Oregon will be by her Junior year.

I would rather have Mercedes stay home and play for Oregon then go to Tennessee. Yes, I would love to have Mercedes be part of the UCONN recruiting class of 2013. If that happens great, if not hopefully she will stay home and play for Oregon.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sorry about the redundancy, but a couple of thoughts on the match-up.

Paul Westhead is a Philly guy, from LaSalle. Geno must know him.

Westhead's offense is still what the Mercury play. Shoot very early in the shot clock. Ok, what is the UConn single-game team scoring record? Look it up. It's in jeopardy. Could be a 120-70 game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Westhead is part of the St. Joe's gang.
Thanks. I remembered him as the LaSalle men's head coach from the 1970s. He is indeed a St. Joe's grad. When he was a high school coach, he coached Craig Littlepage, who played at Penn and is now the AD at Virginia. That St. Joe's fraternity/sorority is huge!

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
I don't get what Oregon likes about it. They should have just made it 10 different colors like their football uniforms have the option of being...maybe they do have an alternative option for every game and just aren't telling us..(sarcasm)
hey... Oregon has the most amazing swag.. best in the country.. and we have Uncle Phil to thank for that.. Our uniforms are sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom