John A article | The Boneyard

John A article

Reaction Score
Honestly. Do you really think it likely that John uses terms like "That's pretty dope."? Maybe this new gig of his is a step up, but it has not made him more authentic.

Reaction Score
Honestly. Do you really think it likely that John uses terms like "That's pretty dope."? Maybe this new gig of his is a step up, but it has not made him more authentic.

A step up? I guess anything would be compared to where he was. Surprised The Courant kept him on board at all after the sexual innuendo thingy....
John came across as a very likeable writer early but once he got bored with the women winning so much it was awful.
His childish rants over the EDD situation finished my reading of anything by him.

No attack on the OP or fans of JA, just not something I would not even slightly go out of my way for. I do wish him luck though...

Reaction Score
Thanks for the post. I couldn't read much of it without subscribing so I read as much as I could.

Another poster referenced OP and JA and not attackng them. Maybe other By'ers know who OP and JA are but I haven't a clue. Perhaps we could be a little more specific rather than assume people know what posters are talking about.

Reaction Score
Another poster referenced OP and JA and not attackng them. Maybe other By'ers know who OP and JA are but I haven't a clue. Perhaps we could be a little more specific rather than assume people know what posters are talking about.

OP = internet forum speak for Original Poster; it refers to the person who started the thread.
JA = John Altavilla

Reaction Score
John is no longer at the Courant. Here’s an article from his new gig at The Athletic:

The UConn women are 188-3 over the past five seasons. So why...
The title of his article, which I could not read unless I subscribed(I didn't and don't) on its face makes perfect sense.
A different title could be U Conn lost in the last two national semi-finals.
And while I think Geno is a genius at what he does and maybe no one has ever been his equal, his coaching, game prep, in game and end of game decision making was surely not even close to Geno standards.
I thought he made mistakes two years ago but surely he has earned and deserves a pass every so often. This year he played a major role in their loss. It's inexplicable to me that he didn't start AZ in third period and ride that five until they blew out ND.
He showed his blind spots in the interviews afterwards when he said that he never gave it a second thought!
I do think the pressure of the long winning streak, the four consecutive championships, the differences in players today(only some players) got to him. I also think this will be a better season than anticipated and hope they will reach the FF. If they lose this coming year in the semi-final that will have been an amazing coaching job. Winning the 12th NC would be beyond belief.
But yes, there reason for concern and criticism. And Geno has created this with his enormous success and striving for perfection! Him especially, but all of us need to do better at smelling the roses and savoring the unprecedented run.
Bronx23

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It's inexplicable to me that he didn't start AZ in third period and ride that five until they blew out ND.
He showed his blind spots in the interviews afterwards when he said that he never gave it a second thought!
Oh, it's been explained to you, you just can't comprehend it. You're the one with the blind spot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom