Joey Chitwood | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Joey Chitwood

Reaction Score
Joey is the only "Cal" I'll ever root for. Ok, maybe Jim Calhoun too.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
UConn plays at Hinkle and very next game Joey C channels his inner Jimmy Chitwood from Hoosiers.

Coincidence?

I think not.

He's even nailed the baseline J off the picket fence.
When I saw the thread title I remembered seeing Joey Chitwood stunt-driving at Plainville Stadium when I was a kid with my Dad around 1959. LOL. Ironically enough our Joey C. put on his own stunt show in that game.

Reaction Score
I remember after our 3rd game, he didn't play well defensively and had an off shooting night. After the game, posters here were saying he shouldnt even be in the rotation. Hilarious.

Joey had a ridiculous game and almost single-handedly willed us to a W to avoid disaster.
6th man is a 2 man race in the Big East right now with Clingan and Joey

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When I saw the thread title I remembered seeing Joey Chitwood stunt-driving at Plainville Stadium when I was a kid with my Dad around 1959.
I know I saw him about a decade later. I think it was at Riverside Park.

Reaction Score
I wonder how many college BB fans throughout the country actually believe that his last name is California?

More than a few. Might even be a few players, coaches, and journalists by the end of the year that think thats his name. Fox even showed him as Joey California on one of the stats graphics during the broadcast, obviously in good fun, but those kind of things are self perpetuating.

Reaction Score
Joey and Brock Purdy are similar, under appreciated and viewed as irrelevant. Even though Joey averaged 30 ppg as a HS senior he was ranked 432 by 24/7 sports, and the number of colleges interested was 0; who wants 6’3 160 for D1.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The name is incredible too. So much nickname potential, as we’ve seen.

Also great for Joey that this season will get him paid overseas. I wonder what his prospects were going into this year? It’s also something we can probably sell under heralded transfers moving forward, getting more guys paid to play pro ball can only be a good thing.

Reaction Score
That was an all-time run in my book. Not in terms of stakes but overall degree of difficulty and charisma & cajones displayed. The one-handed layup made me laugh. The fade away 3 falling out of bounds. Pass to Cling, running floater. But my favorite was the fast break 3. 9/10 guys would gather themselves as he was pretty damn open. Joey shot it with as quick a release as he would if a defender was barreling towards him. Slowly fading as he momentum carried him away from the hoop.

The whole run made me wish people cared about SportsCenter still.
I told people it was El-Amin esqe; the take over there game run, the confidence, the energy, and captivating the crowd all at the same time!

Like if he jumped on a table no one would have questioned him for doing too much in the moment.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
I know I saw him about a decade later. I think it was at Riverside Park.
I remember that as well. My dad would only take me to riverside park if Joey chitwood was there.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Are we still doing the Knick name thing?
How about Joey Baggadimes?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom