Joey Chitwood | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Joey Chitwood

Reaction Score
1671601645679.png

Reaction Score
I found myself shaking my head in disbelief that he missed 3 shots (two 3's and a layup) in first hallf. He has set the bar so high that I just assume they are going in. Who saw that coming when he transferred? I certainly didn't expect him to be this big of a contributor, he is an integral part of the offense and his defense is continuing to improve.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
One thing nobody saw coming was Joey C's flair for the spectacular, he has a knack for highlight reel plays. Andre has competition for the "best passer on the team" title.

If you told me before the season that Joey would compete with Jackson for best passer on the team and compete with Hawkins for best shooter on the team, I would have called B.S... but here we are.

Reaction Score
That was an all-time run in my book. Not in terms of stakes but overall degree of difficulty and charisma & cajones displayed. The one-handed layup made me laugh. The fade away 3 falling out of bounds. Pass to Cling, running floater. But my favorite was the fast break 3. 9/10 guys would gather themselves as he was pretty damn open. Joey shot it with as quick a release as he would if a defender was barreling towards him. Slowly fading as he momentum carried him away from the hoop.

The whole run made me wish people cared about SportsCenter still.

Reaction Score
Just finished watching game. That run by him and Diarra was some of the most exciting UConn hoops at Gampel in a while. Great fun game all around
On Joey's big three that brought the House down.. Assisted by Diarra.. On one of the replays I focused on Diarra's body language vs watching the shot.. He was backpedaling to head down court before the ball even went through the hoop (or so it seemed) ..That's how much confidence these guys have in each other

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was an all-time run in my book. Not in terms of stakes but overall degree of difficulty and charisma & cajones displayed. The one-handed layup made me laugh. The fade away 3 falling out of bounds. Pass to Cling, running floater. But my favorite was the fast break 3. 9/10 guys would gather themselves as he was pretty damn open. Joey shot it with as quick a release as he would if a defender was barreling towards him. Slowly fading as he momentum carried him away from the hoop.

Small point, the jumper in the corner was a 2 not a 3. His only 3 of the game was the transition bomb.

And my favorite part of the corner J was he somewhat lost his balance coming around the screen and had wits to take one dribble to get himself squared up and in a better shooting position and he was quick with that dribble.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

I watched the SportsCenter coverage of the game and they completely glossed over this run. But I'm rewatching it now and fully agree that this was an all time run. So quick and so exciting. Also, Diarra made such a huge impact too.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
I snagged a piece of this overpriced, (likely) shoddily made merch with a smile on my face last night. Got the crewneck with the waves. Anything for the human highlight reel!

I will say, I think the Boneyard needs to put together a marketing/merchandising dept to help these guys with design and NIL efforts.

Reaction Score
Small point, the jumper in the corner was a 2 not a 3. His only 3 of the game was the transition bomb.
I think this is what amazes me the most, we knew he had a reputation for 3's but had no clue he would be one of the best if not the best on team at attacking the basket.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to make a gif out of that play
The gif needs to include the defender holding onto JC’s left arm, which is the reason he willed the ball up to the hoop with only one hand with barely any control of the ball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Joey was ridiculous last night. His shooting has obviously been awesome all season but his feel for the game and for the moment is pretty special. I had no idea what we were getting with him.

You can tell he is the proverbial gym rat. Nothing on the court seems like it's the first time he's been in that situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom