Joey California | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Joey California

Reaction Score
Let's pin this thread.

I was curious whether Joey Callhimwhatyoulike or his former Toreros knew how much of a cult hero he has become. Turns out, I don't even think the Toreros have an active message board. Surely Joey C must know about this.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Let's pin this thread.

I was curious whether Joey Callhimwhatyoulike or his former Toreros knew how much of a cult hero he has become. Turns out, I don't even think the Toreros have an active message board. Surely Joey C must know about this.

Here is his theme song from California. Cue the music when he is coming in:

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
If it doesn't incorporate some iteration of retrowave venice palms, they've botched the job.

images (14).jpeg

Reaction Score
Joey Tierra del Fuego

It's a little-known fact that Joey California's middle name is Novato.

Reaction Score
I absolutely love that Hurley said he put these guys through the most brutal practice in years after the Florida game. I have had critiques about how he ran offense in the past (I’m probably wrong, it’s the players) but in terms of assembling talent and getting guys to buy in, Hurley is top tier and then some.

Reaction Score
I absolutely love that Hurley said he put these guys through the most brutal practice in years after the Florida game. I have had critiques about how he ran offense in the past (I’m probably wrong, it’s the players) but in terms of assembling talent and getting guys to buy in, Hurley is top tier and then some.
Yep, any notion that Hurley will let them rest on their press laurels is gone. There have been a lot of turnovers but I give credit to the talented quick players that they go against too. They’re not playing against cardboard cutouts.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s actually incredible the kind of talent Hurley recruits and brings in. Feel like we’re recruiting at Calhoun levels and we haven’t even done anything yet.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Make Joey a playing assistant coach right now, then hire him after the season. Would be outstanding to keep him around
Very interesting take. I was wondering why some of these guys would come here with the abundance of players and the possibility of limited playing time. Joey wanted to maximize his potential and because "it was just all business." (translation: no BS) We have all commented on the great unity of the players and coaches to each other and a winning attitude and culture. So in addition to maximizing players potential individually they get the added benefit of exposure to all the good coaches and a how to build a chemistry for a dynasty program. We have been waiting for the return of the Uconn brand and here it comes again.

In the "what it's worth" dept. I would not be surprised to one day see Kemba Walker get into coaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom