Joe Zone | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Joe Zone

Reaction Score
845EE635-1117-4434-8732-58A3FB35D4AF.jpeg
2014 when you were still swimming around your old man’s unmentionables.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
well, that kinda says a lot I suppose, I certainly didn't make my comments political

Yeah, like the press is our biggest problem right now.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I didn't say that either

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
“Semi nude photos of Pasqualoni”
LMFAO
Thanks for the repost. I recall watching it and then the tumult it caused poor Jimmy here. Those 3 dopes know it’s a message board and words get salty, for heaven’s sake.
On the the one with the two BYers on it, they called them out on some of the more venomous comments they made. Jeff answer was "well sometimes I get the volume the wrong." Not that he ever made an mistake, mind you, but he got the volume wrong. I love how they hold themselves to a lower standard than "anonymous" message board posters.

The best part is that these guys are butt hurt over comments on the women's board. That's kind of funny.

I love how their take on the board dynamic is so wrong. For guys who admit that the read the board, it's surprising.

I have to admit this interview started a gradual appreciation of JJ in that he freely admits he uses BY material. As I've said on the board frequently, there's nothing wrong with that. If you want to take the pulse of UConn fans, this is the place. Of course it overlaps the period when he buried his vendetta with Calhoun. It was a horrific look for him. He's a decent columnist though. I read a lot of his stuff now. There was a time when I had given up it.

Reaction Score
These guys aren’t relevant in 2018 with the way people consume information, especially if you don’t live in CT. I have an appreciation for the their place 20 years ago, but we are in a whole different age now. The only people who think these guys are with it are other guys of the same generation.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
As a reporter/columnist, they have it way over the BY in terms of access, time, editorial support, and most importantly volume to borrow their word.

While this place may be the representative embodiment of hardcore fan sentiment, it is beyond stupid (another one of their words) to assign that weight to any individual poster or thread.

Our advantage (aided by anonymity) is that our liveihoods don't rely on not upsetting people in power. This leads to uncensored collective wisdom as well as individual hostility that occasionally harmonizes into something horrible under the right circumstances.

That is modern social media. Deal with it. This place is still a far far cry from Twitter, FB, or the comment section of every other public website.

The media is not the BY and the BY is not the media.

I'd love for the latest scrum over what the NCAA may or may not be looking at to go away until there is actually actual news that is worth it. I am not expecting that from a raw collection of independent opinions.

Any journalism graduate should know the difference.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Doggydaddy did a nice job defending the Yard. I forget who the other Yarder was.
Doggydaddy is a moron.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
My feeble mind seems to recall you two going back and forth.
That was his catch phrase.

I think he ended up self-banning himself from the Women's Board.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Beating up the Boneyard, specifically for it being anonymous posters, as he uses a fake last name.

Cant make it up.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom