Joe Zone | The Boneyard

Joe Zone

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is also a jackwagon and why I watch any other channel but his on Friday nights.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
He came here from Syracuse.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Background plz

Not being in the local market you’re seriously telling me the guys name is Joe Zone?

It sounds like one of those names that was shortened when his great grandfather landed at Ellis Island. Zonipoulous? Nah, we are just going to roll with Zone going forward, here are your papers. Good luck!

The CBS affiliate in Hartford has a sportcaster named Joe Zone.

He’s a living example of everything that is terrible about local sportcasters.

He looks like a younger version of Jonah’s uncle in Veep.

He hosts a ‘Friday Night Lights’ show in the fall with high school football highlights that is especially bad.

There is no way in the world Zone is his real name and while BobbyEA was funny - he totally picked Zone halfway through his sophomore year of college.

Reaction Score
He spent months hating on UConn for not offering or pulling a scholly for some ct high school Qb a few years ago
He’s a clown and not surprised another upstate New Yorker would leave the night watch to come to ct with the rest of those espn clowns

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Those who can, do. Those who can't report about it or become career politicians.

I think being an uninformed idiot is a prerequisite for being a media member, with very few exceptions

A free media is supposed to be the protectors of democracy, but they're really con-artists. They're more concerned about ratings, they have a very select target audience, and when you sprinkle in inherent bias the end result is a very toxic product

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Zone is a tool. Should have had his press pass revoked years ago. Would love to see him banned from covering UConn women's hoops.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Joe Zone is ruining our democracy?

his profession is, I find the media more reprehensible than responsible, I discount everything they ever say at any level and on any topic

they tend to keep people misinformed

Reaction Score
Think him, Jacobs, and DiMauro were on a panel with a couple of Yarders from the women’s board defending the BY. They used a quote by me saying he’s not the type of guy you want to see near a playground or something like that. Some of the snarkier morans on here still use it against me from time to time.

Reaction Score
Think him, Jacobs, and DiMauro were on a panel with a couple of Yarders from the women’s board defending the BY. They used a quote by me saying he’s not the type of guy you want to see near a playground or something like that. Some of the snarkier morans on here still use it against me from time to time.
What was the context they brought up your quote in?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He spent months hating on UConn for not offering or pulling a scholly for some ct high school Qb a few years ago
He’s a clown and not surprised another upstate New Yorker would leave the night watch to come to ct with the rest of those espn clowns

Easy on upstate, it’s not all bad just cuz Syracuse is close by...they’re CNY anyhow but still “up” state.

Reaction Score
Sure enough I check my PM’s because the guy who appeared on the show messaged me privately. Poor guy has been banned and not heard from since 2014 when the segment aired.

Only logical conclusion is that @Fishy is Joe Zone.

Reaction Score
What was the context they brought up your quote in?

They were on a jihad against the BY. Basically saying we were a bunch of mean spirited anonymous jerks that we are. They used my quote (and others) as ammo. Only things I really remember is Jacobs not pronouncing “Serrano” correctly and DiMauro wearing a sports jacket that was about 18 sizes too big. Anyone find this video?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom