Joe Girardi walked his way to a loss | The Boneyard

Joe Girardi walked his way to a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Eh, Mariano looked pretty darn bad today. Just the first sign of many that this will be his last year. I kind of hope it isn't going to be very bad because he's been such a great pitcher...but when the cutter doesn't cut, it basically renders him useless. He may end his career on a very ugly note if he can't get the cutter working.

Reaction Score
It wss a really puzzling move for the first inning of the season wasn't it? I mean CC vs a .233 hitter in Sean Rodriguez with 2 outs and 2nd and 3rd? Please Joe tell me you're not coming out of the dugout to tell him to walk the bases loaded for the return of Pena?

Really dumb fn move to open the season.......Joe is 0in 1

Reaction Score
Funny all the Bobby V haters who bash him up and down just saw one of the worst managerial moves you'll ever see in your life and it wasn't Bobby V. It was Skeletor.

Joe Girardi in the FIRST INNING OF THE YEAR with his supposed ace on the hill walks Sean Freakin Rodriguez to face Carlos Pena. I don't care if he's 4 for 35 or whatever the numbers were CC should never walk Sean Rodriguez under any circumstances whatsoever. Walking him in the first inning of the year? Well that just takes the cake. The grand slam was inevitable and well deserved.

Joe Giradri wins OverManager of the Year and the season just started.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
I will agree that some of Joe's decisions during the game leave me scratching my head. However, most of Bobby V's decisions not during the game just make me laugh. Considering that in the contemporary game, what occurs off the field is as important as what goes on during it, and that time off the field is that much greater, the impact (bad, good, or neutral) is equally greater. It will be, without a doubt, an interesting year in Boston.

Reaction Score
Add his "resting" of Derek Jeter in the 2nd game of the year to the mix of overcoaching errors.....without the Nunez kick in the first inning, a play DJ makes in his sleep, the Rays get zero and the game changes........really Joe? I get needing to get Nunez some time, some AB's...DH him then but "resting" Jeter one game in is as bad as walking out to the mound in your 1st game of the year in the 1st innning with no runs in, 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs to talk to him.....so far you've been a clusterduck..........

Reaction Score
Add his "resting" of Derek Jeter in the 2nd game of the year to the mix of overcoaching errors.....without the Nunez kick in the first inning, a play DJ makes in his sleep, the Rays get zero and the game changes........really Joe? I get needing to get Nunez some time, some AB's...DH him then but "resting" Jeter one game in is as bad as walking out to the mound in your 1st game of the year in the 1st innning with no runs in, 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs to talk to him.....so far you've been a clusterduck..........

Gotta believe Jeter isn't' quite 100% yet, after his spring training injury, not that you'd ever get either Jeter or Girardi to admit it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Are we really going to put every game in a 162 game season under the microscope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom