Joe D leaving WTIC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Joe D leaving WTIC

Reaction Score
Voice of the Huskies. Too many memories of listening to him broadcast basketball and football. He’s a homer and knows the coaches and players. Is he a jerk in real life? Don’t care, never met him and never will.

Reaction Score
I always like Joe D, and I never realized there was any negativity toward him until I read a thread on here a few years ago. Without question he was the voice of Uconn basketball over the last 25 years, and his voice is associated with the rise of UConn basketball into a national power under Jim Calhoun. I felt bad for him when we found out he was no longer the play by play man. I like Mike Crispino, but I think Joe D should still be involved with covering the team in major capacity since it seemed like the only reason he isn't the play by play guy anymore is because WTIC wouldn't let him out of the contract.

Reaction Score
Sorry Joe D sucks. Should send a prayer for each year he was ever here.

Mike Crispino should be much better. He is a distant friend of mine.

But for JD sometimes life gives you a serious reward. Don’t question it, or argue, be ultimately enthusiastic that it was in fact - you - WOW. But that happens every once in awhile. I hope you retire with so many great moments in your life.

AND FOR US HUSKY FANS BEST TO COME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I’m off to win some ok/serious $ on online cards if I can hold it together.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom