Job posting (no joke, guys) | The Boneyard

Job posting (no joke, guys)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I work for an environmental remediation firm here in Florida. The company’s headquarters is in Winter Park but we have offices in Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Windsor NJ. As an essential service - we clean up polluted sites or environmental spills - we never had to shut down last year and our business has actually grown. Our biggest problem isn’t getting work; it’s getting workers. We have a lot of open positions, especially in New Jersey, some of which don’t require a degree or experience; we will provide all necessary training and safety supplies. For certain jobs, relocation reimbursement may be possible. Here is a link to our website’s career page. Non-UConn fans welcome! I’m surrounded by USF/Florida/FSU fans anyway.

If you connect us with someone that is hired by Handex, you get a referral bonus and the new employee gets a signing bonus.

Also, one of the owners of the company has interests in other companies, one of which is an electrical contractor. If interested PM or email me and I’ll pass the info along. The job is in the Orlando area and an electrician’s license is required.

Gotta give it to Florida, there’s no age-ism here. Most companies hire based on merit, not youth. I got a job here after only 6 weeks in the state. And there are perks, like being able to wear shorts and t-shirts in February.

Attachments

• 270062EA-1400-4DB7-9332-9912FC0A6970.jpeg
    270062EA-1400-4DB7-9332-9912FC0A6970.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Any openings in Guatemala? We could stand a lot of clean-up down here!

Reaction Score
Sounds like you're at one of those "right place, right time" career sweet spots.

Unfortunately, although your post was in all seriousness, I doubt the replies will follow that lead. Good luck, though.

I have been cleaning out my garage recently. Think I can qualify for an upper management position? (See what I mean by a lack of seriousness?)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
So you are in sales ... right. ;)
I work for an environmental remediation firm here in Florida. The company’s headquarters is in Winter Park but we have offices in Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, and Windsor NJ. As an essential service - we clean up polluted sites or environmental spills - we never had to shut down last year and our business has actually grown. Our biggest problem isn’t getting work; it’s getting workers. We have a lot of open positions, especially in New Jersey, some of which don’t require a degree or experience; we will provide all necessary training and safety supplies. For certain jobs, relocation reimbursement may be possible. Here is a link to our website’s career page. Non-UConn fans welcome! I’m surrounded by USF/Florida/FSU fans anyway.

If you connect us with someone that is hired by Handex, you get a referral bonus and the new employee gets a signing bonus.

Also, one of the owners of the company has interests in other companies, one of which is an electrical contractor. If interested PM or email me and I’ll pass the info along. The job is in the Orlando area and an electrician’s license is required.

Gotta give it to Florida, there’s no age-ism here. Most companies hire based on merit, not youth. I got a job here after only 6 weeks in the state. And there are perks, like being able to wear shorts and t-shirts in February.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
S. Windsor has openings for school custodians.

Reaction Score
Windsor is by Dayton? Relatively close to Princeton? I been a Jersey ex-patriot for many years now...

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Windsor is by Dayton? Relatively close to Princeton? I been a Jersey ex-patriot for many years now...
So you are no longer patriotic in general, or just not a fan of Jersey? ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
He’s talking Ct
We have an office in Windsor NJ, near Princeton. Apparently, there’s a custodian job in South Windsor CT, although it my be a joke. Hard to tell

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The term "workers" always makes me cringe. "Employees" is so much better. Less ant-like.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I'm a retiree. If anyone's interested in being a retiree in Ohio, call me.
I am retired and living in Alabama. Might I also be retired in Ohio without actually moving to Ohio? I must maintain my Alabama residence upon pain of divorce. But I love the idea of being retired in several places at once. Please check with your HR people and get back to me. Thanks in advance. And be advised that I have chosen to pursue the retirement option in Texas, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Indiana, and perhaps West Virginia as I spent some of my working life in these states, gainfully employed of course. I anxiously await the bliss that will surely redound to me from simultaneous multiple opportunities to do absolutely nothing in so many places at one time. Thanks again for the opportunity to flesh out my options @SallyH . :rolleyes:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
We have an office in Windsor NJ, near Princeton. Apparently, there’s a custodian job in South Windsor CT, although it my be a joke. Hard to tell
Sorry, no joke. They have two spots open. I figured this was a good thread to add that fact.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The term "workers" always makes me cringe. "Employees" is so much better. Less ant-like.
It just flowed with the sentence. I typically refer to our people as staff members or employees

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I

It just flowed with the sentence. I typically refer to our people as staff members or employees
The repetition of a word or sound for emphasis is a time honored tradition. It is an old rhetorical trick called epizeuxis. You are in fine company there, Nan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom