Jo Jo White's Cousin | The Boneyard

Jo Jo White's Cousin

C

Chief00

Bulpett: Jayson Tatum’s parents thrilled he landed with Celtics

I did not realize Jayson Tatum's dad was a cousin of Jo Jo White. I have seen a lot of basketball and the 3 guys I really have enjoyed watch shooting before a game would be Jo Jo White, Ray Allen and Larry Bird. I have sometimes talked about game prep - that playing hard is not just at tip off time but how hard you work before a game.
Jo Jo had the softest bank shot I have ever witnessed. He would always shoot it using the same motion. It was a true masterpiece. But, he would reinforce his skill excellence every day during the season. There was a UConn player several years ago who would appear to play hard at tip off to the casual fan but he did not do the game prep including skills practicing, conditioning/ sleep and understanding the scouting report. I know as much as Jim loves guys playing hard, he was disappointed he could never get through about game prep with this player.
These three guys were role models for game prep. I wish more young guns would try to emulate their work habits.

Reaction Score
Bulpett: Jayson Tatum’s parents thrilled he landed with Celtics

I did not realize Jayson Tatum's dad was a cousin of Jo Jo White. I have seen a lot of basketball and the 3 guys I really have enjoyed watch shooting before a game would be Jo Jo White, Ray Allen and Larry Bird. I have sometimes talked about game prep - that playing hard is not just at tip off time but how hard you work before a game.
Jo Jo had the softest bank shot I have ever witnessed. He would always shoot it using the same motion. It was a true masterpiece. But, he would reinforce his skill excellence every day during the season. There was a UConn player several years ago who would appear to play hard at tip off to the casual fan but he did not do the game prep including skills practicing, conditioning/ sleep and understanding the scouting report. I know as much as Jim loves guys playing hard, he was disappointed he could never get through about game prep with this player.
These three guys were role models for game prep. I wish more young guns would try to emulate their work habits.

Loved Jo Jo White, his shot was a bot strange but I tried it out in the driveway many times. Didn't stick to it but damn he could shoot it and what a player. Thats' some good genes for Mr Tatum right there.

C

Chief00

Loved Jo Jo White, his shot was a bot strange but I tried it out in the driveway many times. Didn't stick to it but damn he could shoot it and what a player. Thats' some good genes for Mr Tatum right there.

Sam Jones also is said to have had a great bank shot but he was before my time. In film clips Sams shot was a harder type of bank shot - not so soft as Jo Jo.

Reaction Score
Sam Jones also is said to have had a great bank shot but he was before my time. In film clips Sams shot was a harder type of bank shot - not so soft as Jo Jo.[/

Saw Sam he was like money with the 12-15 foot side bank shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom